Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Worms in Dog:
How to Start Heart-Guard Pil?

alvin_augustus

Jul 27, 2004, 1:34 AM

Post #1 of 9 (2389 views)
Shortcut
How to Start Heart-Guard Pil? Can't Post

HI,

I have a 5 month American Cocker Spaniel (Male), I am very confuse about the heart guard pil and deworming pil. Can anyone let me know which month is the correct month to give them heart guard pil and which month is better for them to start deworm? And I am quite confused with the information from Vet, three of them tell me the different story! Please Help....

Alvin Augustus Ng
[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/537768_10151485094615786_1774682625_n.jpg[/image]

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 27, 2004, 5:18 AM

Post #2 of 9 (2387 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alvin_augustus] How to Start Heart-Guard Pil? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Alvin!!!

Puppies should start given heart-worm when they are 5-6month old. Usually vet will advise to test for heart-worm first. In my opinion, It does not necessary need to test for heart-worm before given them, Cos usually chances puppies getting heart-worm at 5-6month are low. I give my Silky monthly heart-worm on the 15th of the month.

Some people recommend once a month / three month once for deworming. For me, I give my Silky three month once. I give my Silky deworming schedule are 1st of Mac, Jun, Sept, & Dec. It is easy to remember. Follow the correct dosage reccomended for your puppies according to their weight. Usually 1 tablet are for 10kg weight. E.G. If your puppies are 5kg then you only give 1/2 the tablet.

Lastly, remember the annual booster injection. I set the date at 1st of January every year for the injection.

So, it easy for you to keep track on the monthly heart-worm, three month once deworm & yearly booster injection loh. But, it's up to you to set the date that you think is easy to remember.

Hope that help!!!Wink

Regards,

Christopher

(This post was edited by chrisong on Jul 27, 2004, 5:29 AM)

alvin_augustus

Jul 27, 2004, 10:26 PM

Post #3 of 9 (2375 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] How to Start Heart-Guard Pil? [In reply to] Can't Post

HI there, First of all I would like to thank you for your handy and useful advised and suggestion; I think I could handle their deworming and heart-guard schedule now with your precious advise. I am having this two little furkid and will going to this coming 1sth Aug Dogathon with them together. Wish to meet you there.

And you have a very beautiful silky, it is very nice coat and color. In the picture shown that the coat is so shinning and glossy. It is soft though! Today, I just came back from SS2 petshop ( Petshop), I have bought some materials that is prepare for this coming 15th Aug Dog show at . Will you be there? I am just a beginner on showing dog. I hope my little American Cocker Spaniel could perform well and good. I wanna gain experience on this field too. By the way, where you stay? I am from Desa Petaling Amadesa Condo, maybe we can have a drink in the coming future. Plan to meet up and share our interest! Yah.... Most of my friends they do have their own doggy and we like to meet up each others and it could social our doggy too. OK.

Alvin Augustus Ng
[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/537768_10151485094615786_1774682625_n.jpg[/image]

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 28, 2004, 5:19 AM

Post #4 of 9 (2358 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alvin!!!Laugh

I will be there for the Dogathon & the Show. I from Kepong and are going to move to bigger house at Puchong by end of this year.

Yes, We sure can meet up for few drink with your doggy friends.Wink

Keep in touch & see you soon ya.Wink

Christopher

alvin_augustus

Jul 29, 2004, 1:25 AM

Post #5 of 9 (2350 views)
Shortcut

Wao...you show your doggy too...but it is just the first time to me; am just a beginner in this field. I just wanna try to show my little Don (5 months) lor! I don't have any experience before. Puchong is quite close to my place lor, I know that area is now developing spread like wild fire. I have few project over there...going to completed lor. Am also looking for landed property in Puchong.

Hope to see you in the Dogathon and coming Dog show too!

Alvin Augustus Ng

alvin_augustus

Aug 5, 2004, 6:09 PM

Post #6 of 9 (2261 views)
Shortcut

HI Chris,

It was so bad that i did not meet you on that following day (Dogathon), I keep looking around for the silky terrier like what you have....but it too difficult to find you; I thought the one on the obedience demonstration show is you and your doggy? I just guess, somehow it is too late to say that and its too late to say hi to you on that day....Crazy

Alvin Augustus Ng

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 5, 2004, 6:44 PM

Post #7 of 9 (2259 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alvin !!!

I was not feeling well that day, so I did't go lohFrown, that why you can't find meSlyPirate

For the coming show at sri kembangan on the 15 august I will be there. So see you there ya.Wink

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 5, 2004, 6:45 PM

Post #8 of 9 (2258 views)
Shortcut

You entering "Don" in minor puppy category?

alvin_augustus

Aug 5, 2004, 8:03 PM

Post #9 of 9 (2248 views)
Shortcut

Yalor....And am just a beginner and do not know what to do and what should get prepare for my little don....somehow..it is sounds like very difficult by my friend. Currently, I just train Don to sit, walking beside me, sit, stand (hold by me to let judges checking); he can handle all this already.

Do you have any good advise to me? Maybe you may let me know some tactics to show doggy, or teach me something? My house-mate will be the handler of Don, he told me not too nervous it is just a show and just take it like a game lor...!

Alvin Augustus Ng

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my