Basset Hound Count

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

harrythehound
Novice

Jul 26, 2004, 7:30 AM

Post #1 of 33 (5513 views)
Shortcut
Basset Hound Count Can't Post

DONT any bassets around lor....just shih tzu,shih tzu and more shih tzus!!!!(Not that they are a bad breed ah...just too many oh em around)

Can i have a basset count here?Maybe we can start a Basset Pack!!

***~~~~^^!!!!Harry the Happy Hound!!!!~~~~^^***

"No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich."
~ Louis Sabin

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
~ Ben Williams

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
~ Plato

Veteran
Dog Kichi

Aug 6, 2004, 11:51 PM

Post #2 of 33 (5487 views)
Shortcut
Re: [harrythehound] Basset Hound Count [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there, I'm just replying your Basset count.

Veteran

Keen Hong
Novice

Aug 11, 2004, 9:31 PM

Post #3 of 33 (5472 views)
Shortcut

Hi there~~~

I used to joined the forum created by doodle...but i dont mind to meet and get to know more Basset lovers out there Laugh

Hopefully we can share our wonderful experiences that we have with our Basset Wink

harrythehound
Novice

Aug 11, 2004, 9:54 PM

Post #4 of 33 (5471 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Keen Hong] Basset Hound Count [In reply to] Can't Post

yes yes!...

bassets are just lovey dogs especially when you are capable of handling one mentally and physically..

where are u situated?maybe we can have a basset groupie!!!

Wink

"No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich."
~ Louis Sabin

~ Ben Williams

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
~ Plato

Keen Hong
Novice

Aug 12, 2004, 6:15 PM

Post #5 of 33 (5456 views)
Shortcut

I am actually staying at Serdang but i work at Damansara Phileo. I dont mind to drive over to meet but i only free on Sunday Tongue

I used to drive all the way to Central Park at Damansara to have a nice "family day" with my doggie Laugh

Hope to meet you all one day!!

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 12, 2004, 6:41 PM

Post #6 of 33 (5454 views)
Shortcut

Hi there,

nice to meet you. the place you work at is near to where i am studying (Help Ins). Tongue

harrythehound
Novice

Aug 13, 2004, 6:27 AM

Post #7 of 33 (5438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Basset Hound Count [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello!

I have my outings with my Harry almost everyday at Bukit Jalil Park or Commonwealth Park,the one near LRT station.Maybe we can all meet there one day?The dogs can re-trace their hunting instints and chase the ducks there!!ehehehehehehe....

Wink

~ Louis Sabin

~ Ben Williams

~ Plato

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 13, 2004, 6:38 AM

Post #8 of 33 (5437 views)
Shortcut

sure no prob. luckily the ducks cannot fly. Tongue and hound can swim. Smile

meifuan
Novice

Aug 13, 2004, 7:45 AM

Post #9 of 33 (5434 views)
Shortcut

Hi...

It's nice to hear from basset owners again.My basset make me headache this few days.UnsureHe seems very lonely and not playful as last time anymore.I hope can find some friends for him.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 13, 2004, 7:56 AM

Post #10 of 33 (5433 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meifuan] Basset Hound Count [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

keen hong and harry the hound have basset,you can try look for them for your basset to mix with. i own a beagle, but it would not be a problem to mix around bcs basset + beagle = hound Cool

harrythehound
Novice

Aug 13, 2004, 7:40 PM

Post #11 of 33 (5418 views)
Shortcut

Hi !

My Harry still too young to breed,but i want to breed him when the time comes....not sure what exactly...i actually want to do a Griffon Hound lookalike,maybe with a poodle or something...not sure lah....apparently there is no griffon hound in malaysia,will see what happens..Wink

Actually,bassets are not built for swimming...so i dont dare get him into a pool or pond like the other furkids...apparently their bottom goes down first..that would be a funny sight actually...Laugh

Anyway,when can we meet our furkids up?Harry very lonely............

~ Louis Sabin

~ Ben Williams

~ Plato

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 13, 2004, 7:59 PM

Post #12 of 33 (5417 views)
Shortcut

harry won't feel lonely bcs you are there to be with him. i though basset can swim. i know that beagle can swim. yeah we sure can meet one day. Tongue

Keen Hong
Novice

Aug 14, 2004, 1:01 AM

Post #13 of 33 (5406 views)
Shortcut

Hai hai from the picture .....i can see that Harry is soooooooooooo cute Wink I think if i see the real Harry he will be much more cuter ! Anyway i feel that hound are cute and good doggie ( just sometimes quite stubborn heeee )

I heard about my friend bringing thier doggies to Bukit Jalil. Actually planned to go there last week...but aiyaaa couldn't wake up in the morning heeeee so i think we shall meet one day over there....Bukit Jalil is nearer to the place i stay and i dont have to pay tol Laugh

Let's plan to meet up...i can't wait too see all of our doggies to have fun !

watashino_inu
New User

Aug 28, 2004, 7:38 AM

Post #14 of 33 (5202 views)
Shortcut

hai,i have a two years old basset.The attitudes of my basset getting on my nerves.My friend told me that many owners share their experiences and advice here.Hope reply from you all.

dogslover
Canine Addict

Sep 3, 2004, 10:48 PM

Post #15 of 33 (5172 views)
Shortcut

does basset a huge size?i hope that i can own a basset hound and i like 2 know more information of them....like their food(is thy neeed a lot of food?),skin(thy alwz can get skin allergic?),ear(smelly,problem of ear?)

I read this book 'Guide to Own A Basset' it says that Basset mostly basset will get a lot of problem when it become 4 years like the problem of the front leg bones........i was so afraid when i get the one dog like that i must be very sad if i really got a dog like that........

harrythehound
Novice

Sep 4, 2004, 12:32 AM

Post #16 of 33 (5164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dogslover] Basset Hound Count [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there dogslover!!

Well,im not much of an expert with dogs,but heres what i can tell you...Wink

Every dog has health problems when it comes to age.Albeit the GSD,the GRD..it depends on how you want to percieve of the ilness,the chances of a well taken cared of dog to contract severe illnesses can be averted.I have a friend who owns two dalmations that have skin desease,they cannot be washed with any type of shampoo in the market,albeit cannot bathe at all...can you imagine???!!So,no matter what dog you want to get,make sure you have it checked for any possible illnesses.

As for Basset Hounds,u would be having difficulties in training him/her if your not really a professional at it..the trick is..to find out what triggers your basset hound,like my Harry likes cloth,actually most basset prefer cloth toys as i was told by a Basset breeder+trainer in the states.If you find out what makes your basset tick,you shouldn't have too much problems with training him/her.

Bassets love food.But that does not mean you should feed him/her with as much as he/she possibly can eat...Basset are more prone to obesity than any other dog,reason being...they are LAZY!So what i recommend you do is,follow the instructions on the packaging of your dry dog food ,whatever brand that may be,with the medium sized dog directions.Always have healthy treats about,they also react positively to food.

Male bassets actually are more responsive to women/girls..Harry will bark at any MAN who tells him what to do.So make sure you choose a basset that can respond to you immediately.It doesnt really matter what sex it is actually,but it was a myth that came true with me!

I went to vaccinate Harry the other day and i noticed the vet tugging at his skin...she said that if the skin is nicely proportioned and that when it stretches and does not hurt,it means that he is not dehidrated.

When walking your basset,always have him/her on a leash...it may just shoot of somewhere without you noticing ,to a scent it may find interesting....may go haywire then...

Due to the Bassets relation to a bloodhound,they LOVE car rides!....the problem is,...getting on to the car....with a little motivation,you basset will be able to get in by him/her self without you carrying it in.

Basset are great with kids,the problem here in Malaysia is...are kids great with dogs?...i dont mean your kids or your relatives kids or your friends kids,i mean that GENERALLY....

If you really want a Basset Hound though,make sure its from a qualified breeder at the best price you think is right and have the dog examined at a vetenarian at the most 3 days after you get the dog.

Basset hounds have a great baritone voice,if someone told you they are quiet dogs..they got it all wrong,once they start barking...all hell can break loose!They sing great if you can train them..

Bassets are just about as adorable as you'll ever see them,no matter how naughty they can get,you'll always have a soft spot for them ...with their sad droopy eyes,even when theyre happy!They make you smile,laugh,a best friend just about any dog lover can have.They can be incredibly loyal to you,the one who will be there for you on your best or worst days.People tend to regret getting a basset hound for a dog,after all that stubborn behaviour,but there is a reason why we got bassets in the first place..they made us smile....

Just remember before you get a dog, to remember the basic dog owners principles...of being a loving and responsible dog owner.And your on your way.....

Good Luck with choosing you basset hound!Also,post a few pictures,keep us updated ar!And then...we can make a basset hound pack!!!

~ Louis Sabin

~ Ben Williams

~ Plato

dogslover
Canine Addict

Sep 4, 2004, 11:15 PM

Post #17 of 33 (5149 views)
Shortcut

HEY YA THX 4 UR REPLY......u look so profesional at this breed.how many years hav u breed this dog? u plan 2 breeding?how many dogs u got?u plan to get another one?

harrythehound
Novice

Sep 5, 2004, 6:27 AM

Post #18 of 33 (5139 views)
Shortcut

Hi there Dogslover,

As i said,im not a professional,but i have been around dogs just about all my life...

It takes lots of experience and a lot of doggie lurve to be a good dog owner or handler,lots of study too....

Yes as a matter of fact i am going to breed Harry sooner or later,i just dont really know how yet....

I am planning on getting another dog,a Siberian Husky or maybe an Irish Wolfhound,when i get a bigger property,and thats soon.

Are you really interested in having a basset?Its a great dog you know...hope you make the right choice..

TURRAHHH!!

~ Louis Sabin

~ Ben Williams

~ Plato

dogslover
Canine Addict

Sep 5, 2004, 11:14 PM

Post #19 of 33 (5039 views)
Shortcut

oh ya the Siberian Husky....its cool i like it.....but u hav 2 spend more time 2 accompany wth it like thy like 2 ply and thy r working group

HA.......HOPE THT U WILL GET THE sIBERIAN hUSKY HUH...cz it ws many ppl dream dog m i rite?but its quite expensive ......and thy like cold cant stand our weather at here

harrythehound
Novice

Sep 7, 2004, 3:26 AM

Post #20 of 33 (5024 views)
Shortcut

Well,actually,my boyfriend likes Siberians.

They get adapted to malaysian climate very well,they just shed their fur more that the normal siberians from the north.

I notice your looking for a right dog,from the other forum....mind telling me what sort of a dog your looking for?maybe i can help...state price as well.

i dont really know if siberians are 'dream dogs' but i just like the temprament of the breed,how they look and their loyalty.

Anyway dogslover,how much space do you have in your place?

~ Louis Sabin

~ Ben Williams

~ Plato

Keen Hong
Novice

Oct 1, 2004, 10:40 PM

Post #21 of 33 (4890 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Anybody here goin to join AKC Puppycom RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERSHIP DAY on at central park Sunday?? Hope to take this opportunity to let our Bassets meet around ~~ :)

harrythehound
Novice

Oct 1, 2004, 11:15 PM

Post #22 of 33 (4885 views)
Shortcut

Yes keen hong,i plan to go...but im rather shy cuz im going alone..Frown..i might back out last minute..

~ Louis Sabin

~ Ben Williams

~ Plato

jasonghh
Novice

Oct 3, 2004, 1:46 AM

Post #23 of 33 (4875 views)
Shortcut

Hi there,

So now we have at least 3 basset around tomorrow.Wink Can't wait to meet you again and harrythehound. I do hope that more basset will be at 1U park. Laugh

btw, Harry don't be shy if u re alone. U still can meet Keen Hong and me(Jason). I should be there later by 10am+. I believe it will be very easy for u to find us coz not so many basset around (pass event)Frown

See u !
Tongue

harrythehound
Novice

Oct 7, 2004, 12:26 AM

Post #24 of 33 (4853 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jasonghh] Basset Hound Count [In reply to] Can't Post

Hiya!

sorry i couln't make it,my step mother was in labor at 5 a.m on Sunday morning and gave birth on 1 a.m monday morning...Crazy very sleepy..was at hospital the whole time...i was getting ready to go as well...sheeeshhh...

Unimpressed..sorry ya..next time la...any basset hound owners?want to meet up?my email is , have msn,hope to be in touch!

~ Louis Sabin

~ Ben Williams

~ Plato

bubbles2004
Novice

Oct 14, 2004, 9:19 PM

Post #25 of 33 (4798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jasonghh] Basset Hound Count [In reply to] Can't Post

I always wanted a Basset but been hearing about their stubborn n lazy behavior.

Now I own a Lab but i think Basset is as long and big as Lab, the only different is the height.

Usually a puppy Basset would cost how much from a breeder ? Don't really need a MKA cert one.

Cheers !

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my