Burial grounds

yckuan
Novice

Jul 22, 2004, 6:53 AM

Post #1 of 6 (453 views)
Shortcut
Burial grounds Can't Post

Dear all,

Sorry to bring up this subject: Where to bury a dead pet?

I used to live in a house with a large compound, so when my earlier dog died, a hole was dug at a corner of the compound and my dog was buried there. But now, I have moved to a house with no compound. So I just want to find out from those of you who have lost your dogs before, how and where did you find a burial ground for your dogs? What is the most hygienic way of burying a dead pet?

(My dog is fine at the moment. But there was one time when she fell ill and started vomiting and refused food I thought she was going to die. Fortunately she pulled through and now is alive and well. Must have eaten some wild mushrooms...)

Thanks.

yckuan

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Jul 23, 2004, 12:41 AM

Post #2 of 6 (441 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yckuan] Burial grounds [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello!

I've known some people who bring their dogs to PAWS and they help bury your dog behind the shelter for a minimal fee. That was a couple of years back and I'm not sure if they still provide that service.

You can also try the animal hospital. I think (not too sure) they provide cremation services for your pets. Cremation would be a better choice, as, although a bit pricey, you can bring them home in a nice urn for sweet memories.

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

yckuan
Novice

Jul 23, 2004, 2:35 AM

Post #3 of 6 (435 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phoenix] Burial grounds [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear phoenix,

Thanks for your info. I appreciate it.

Regards,

yckuan

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 23, 2004, 4:59 AM

Post #4 of 6 (432 views)
Shortcut

How bout asking the animal hostpital..... I went there once and brought in my chicken to be put down... they suggested to me a burial ground but it's in Melaka.... I heard that there is a cremation center in KL... just dunno where is the place......

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

yckuan
Novice

Jul 24, 2004, 7:34 AM

Post #5 of 6 (420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Burial grounds [In reply to] Can't Post

Wah! You keep so many kinds of animals as pet-wan, is it? Dogs, chickens, tortoises, etc. Your house must be like mini-zoo lar! Just kidding.... Must be difficult making sure all the animals are at peace with each other. I've read about your boxers rivalry. I am scared to see dogs fight, too. The dog that I buried in my house compound last time, died after a fight. Bitten at the neck, poor thing. The wound bled a lot and became infected. Finally, the dog died. It was a huge dog with nice furcoat. Back then, I was so young -- just kept the dogs running freely in and out of my house compound. I called them mine only because they fed and slept at my house, but they were more like a stray pack my family kept to ward off unwanted intruders.

yckuan

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 26, 2004, 5:08 AM

Post #6 of 6 (415 views)
Shortcut

Hahah.. yah... I sort of have a zoo... chickens, ducks, rabbits, tortoises, fishes and parrots... even a cat and a mouse! It's a hobby and my whole family helps out with the chores so it's pretty easy to take care of all of them....

yah, my boxers are having that rivalry problem... luckily, the fight have stopped this whole year after we separated them.... so it has been fightless months, hopefully it will last.... I hate to see such good dogs fight over the pecking order, when it's bloody, it's really depressing....Frown

I also have a late dog buried in my house compound, it has been 4 years, my dachshund was poisoned and he was a 9 year old dog that time.... it was really sad coz it happend a day before CNY.... I also bury my dead chickens, birds, mice and hamsters in my compound.....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my