Home: Behavioral Problems: Dominant Dog Issues:
seizure disorder

malay_BoYz
New User

Jul 21, 2004, 9:23 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2979 views)
Shortcut
seizure disorder Can't Post

Unimpressed is there any medication to treat seizure? why usually the dog die when having seizure? poor sara...

whity_rabirabit
Canine Addict

Jul 23, 2004, 11:05 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [malay_BoYz] seizure disorder [In reply to] Can't Post

My best advise is for you to consult a vet. Smile There must be some medicines available for the dogs' seizure. What I know is you can't cure it but to control it.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 31, 2004, 3:42 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2927 views)
Shortcut
Re: [whity_rabirabit] seizure disorder [In reply to] Can't Post

what is a seizure disorder.. how can this happen.

whity_rabirabit
Canine Addict

Aug 8, 2004, 10:15 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] seizure disorder [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey! I've totally forgot to reply you here. I'm sorry I mostly check the Jungle Trekking posts and sometimes on Obedience posts....if I have time. I do not know how to describe the seizure disorders. I've seen a dog having seizure right in front of me before. It was a German Sheperd. What I only know about the disease is, you can't cure it...but to control the state with the medicine for the end of a dog's life. It's scary disease and looks horrible when they happen to have it. This disease can be happened for humans too. Usually German Sheperd have the disease, I heard. Man, I've gotta search for more info tomorrow. Oh yes, bear in mind not to touch the dog when having the seizure. It might attack ya. *BITE* lol

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Oct 19, 2004, 5:29 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [malay_BoYz] seizure disorder [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Unimpressed is there any medication to treat seizure? why usually the dog die when having seizure? poor sara...

I used to have one Miniature Schnauzer that has seizures whenever it gets tired . You can practically tell that he was going to get a seizure 5 minutes before it happens. He would stand at a place with wobbly/shaky legs then he would slowly drop down on the floow and lie on his side. Then he will start foaming and shaking violently. The my mum will panic and scream " Whiskey! Whiskey! Whats happenning to you" but whiskey will not respond. it's as if he is blind oredi like dat la. We brought him to a Dr Yxxh in Tmn Megah where we spent RM1700 just to treat him and he had to be on pills everyday if not, he will be prone to seizures. So sad hor? You can't cure it but u can only control it by feeding anti-seizure pills to ur dog EVERYDAY man!
---------------------------------
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my