Halti Collar

nairud
K9 Maniac

Jul 13, 2004, 11:45 PM

Post #1 of 9 (2039 views)
Shortcut
Halti Collar Can't Post

Hi all,

Have any of you members heard or saw or bought this Halti Collar before? I'm kinda interested in getting one but then dunno where to get.

Here's the link:

http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/halti.php

Join the JRT(Lil' Terrorist) Zone

Click me to join Piper in DogSter

Sorely missed, Grizzley and Whitey the Terrier

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 14, 2004, 2:34 AM

Post #2 of 9 (2037 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nairud] Halti Collar [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I have that collar and it works...... really stops the dog from pulling coz it controls the head but doesn't hurt the dog...... what the head halter does is when the dog pulls, a slight pressure presses the dog's scruff, the area behind the head, soprt of like the mother dog doing it to the puppies..... I've also seen a programme on it.... that's why I bought it lah, after watching the programme.... you can get it in PW stores.....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

(This post was edited by crazymouse_yyh on Jul 14, 2004, 2:37 AM)

nairud
K9 Maniac

Jul 14, 2004, 5:42 PM

Post #3 of 9 (2029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Halti Collar [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

thx for letting me now. There's a program on it too? all i know is that they have a 20 page manual inside there that comes with the collar. After you used it, did you revert back to the old harness or leash? If you did, did your dog pull you anymore?

hrmmm...maybe you can email me bout the info. Need to know much more of its uses from someone who's using it. What's a PW store? You mean the one in midvalley? BTW, my email is chankh@commercedc.com.my or orlson@yahoo.com

thx

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 14, 2004, 5:48 PM

Post #4 of 9 (2028 views)
Shortcut

Ok lah, I'll email you.....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

renaoh
Enthusiast

Jul 14, 2004, 8:19 PM

Post #5 of 9 (2023 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Halti Collar [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Is the collar supposed to be worn at all times or only went we walked the dog outside? If it is worn permanent, will the collar interferes when the dog is eating?

Would also appreciate if you can email me the details as I am interested in getting one for my dog. I have read on the link and I think it is a very good product.

Thanks,

Rena

email address is

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 14, 2004, 8:52 PM

Post #6 of 9 (2021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [renaoh] Halti Collar [In reply to] Can't Post

The dog wears it only during walks.... can't be put on the whole time......

Will email you the details soon....

nairud
K9 Maniac

Jul 15, 2004, 12:16 AM

Post #7 of 9 (2016 views)
Shortcut
Re: [renaoh] Halti Collar [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I think the dog can use it all the time from what i understand from the website. They say the dog can drink water also while the halti is on.

Me goin to check it out this sat already Tongue

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2004, 1:31 AM

Post #8 of 9 (1975 views)
Shortcut

So, have you found the head halter? Today I just read Petword and there was something on collars and leashes.... it said that the head halter is the best and most humane collar of all in training dogs and puppies..... coz it doesn't choke their airways and it's painless....... so I think it's a good investment if you buy it.....

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 28, 2004, 11:00 AM

Post #9 of 9 (1932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Halti Collar [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all ...

Check this thread on gentle leader and halti type collars ...

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=105624;search_string=halti%20;#105624

Cheers

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my