Poo with Fur

May
Old Hand

Jul 8, 2004, 9:14 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1206 views)
Shortcut
Poo with Fur Can't Post

Hi there!!!

I noticed that my dog's poo got fur in it lar Crazy. Sometimes she'll chew and licks herself and I suspected that she eats her own fur and when she poo the fur comes out Frown.

Will dogs develop hairball problem just like cats? Will it caused further health problem? She's healthy and eating well.

PSD
ALPHA

Jul 8, 2004, 10:33 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1203 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Poo with Fur [In reply to] Can't Post

May,

These happens especially when they are moulting. Nothing to worry about as long as they are eating well and going about normally. Otherwise an occassional supliment of laxative will ease out all the furs from the digestive tract. U can get those at most pet stores.Smile

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

May
Old Hand

Jul 8, 2004, 10:50 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] Poo with Fur [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your assurance Smile.

I was worried as it has been going on for more than a week now Crazy. Talking about moulting....yes, she is...no wonder she eats her won fur. I'm relieved Cool.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 8, 2004, 11:01 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] Poo with Fur [In reply to] Can't Post

I dunno works for dogs lah... but for rabbits, during the moulting time, it is adviced to feed pineapple and papayas coz the enzyme helps the fur pass through the rabbit's system smoothly.... you think ok for dogs?

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

PSD
ALPHA

Jul 8, 2004, 11:05 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Poo with Fur [In reply to] Can't Post

Pineapple is ok but too much papaya will make them shoot watery stool....lolLaugh

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my