First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

cheung
Novice

Jul 7, 2004, 7:49 AM

Post #1 of 38 (1943 views)
Shortcut
HELP! PANIC ATTACK Can't Post

Hi! All

U must all b wonderin y I'm in panic. I'm a Malaysian currently residin in Seoul. Recently, I was told there's a possibility of us movin to HK. Unfortunately, coming fr Korea, there's a minimum 4-month quarantine for my poor Alaskan MALAMUTE. My heart aches just by the thought of him caged up for that period. Doesn't help that he's a big dog too!

So, I'm goin crazy here tryin to find other means to get him into HK without quarantine. That's when I stumbled onto the fact that if he resides in M'sia for 6 mths, he may not need to b q-ed in HK. It's a long shot but I'm DESPERATE!!

The main problem now is to find someone/place in M'sia willing to take him in for 6 mths. Honestly, he's the cutest & friendliest pup(1&1/2yrs old). Any suggestions? Cost is not an issue. PLEASE, PLEASE help.

Thks for yr attention.

Sharin

May
Old Hand

Jul 7, 2004, 5:45 PM

Post #2 of 38 (1928 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cheung] HELP! PANIC ATTACK [In reply to] Can't Post

Pls contact me at .

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 8, 2004, 8:40 AM

Post #3 of 38 (1909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cheung, vicfion] HELP! PANIC ATTACK [In reply to] Can't Post

we have a member here who absolutely LOVES dogs.... wonder if she is interested in helping or not...

Fion ! ... alaskan malamute asking for help here for 6 mths.... Wink a chance for u to 'have' one for 6 months care ... interested ?

cheers,
minglmy

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 11, 2004, 5:46 AM

Post #4 of 38 (1875 views)
Shortcut

I do not know whether I can help or the plan work or not... As I had not much space in my current place, I had emailed a message to a friend of mine who has a shop opposite my place seeing whether she can place him there for 6 months.. We can treat it as a boarding dog but as you know 6 months is really long... Hope that her answer is a good news.. Keeping my finger cross...
By the way, I used to have an Alaskan Malamute in the USA... I never took him home thinking the weather he might not adapt and plus plus other reasons... Wish I was as brave as you taking him home.. Now left good memories and photographs... Update me and if you like do email me at vicfion@time.net.my or vicfion@yahoo.com.... Fiona

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 12, 2004, 5:59 AM

Post #5 of 38 (1869 views)
Shortcut

My friend who has a shop opposite my place just emailed me stated "Can't call the person as there is no contact number. Need to talk to the person first. They can also call my mobile or email to me." This is her email address vayjl@hotmail.com. So we are basically here waiting for your response... Seem like you are not active here "la".... Smile Keep in touch yeah? Fiona

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Jul 15, 2004, 8:50 AM

Post #6 of 38 (1858 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vicfion] HELP! PANIC ATTACK [In reply to] Can't Post

no reply since 1 week plus....
argh would loveeeeee to take in her pup.. if only mom and dad would allow...
also scared... after 6 months dun wanna give her back ekekkee..... nahhhh

i see so many ppl who can help already ehhe... but if all doesnt work out i'll try my very best to take the pup in Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My pets~
http://www.geocities.com/cherrryspets/petz.htm

In Loving Memories,
Rex(10May08) & Benji(20Feb08)
http://cherryonacherrytree.multiply.com/photos/album/42/Pets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 15, 2004, 8:47 PM

Post #7 of 38 (1849 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovedoggies] HELP! PANIC ATTACK [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah lo no reply...
You should help then.. You have 1 ma.... Wish I can help too lo... Fiona

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Jul 16, 2004, 2:35 AM

Post #8 of 38 (1845 views)
Shortcut

yeah lor... well have to wait for reply first Smile

My pets~

In Loving Memories,

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 16, 2004, 5:40 AM

Post #9 of 38 (1841 views)
Shortcut

Then we both fighting to take care of ithe dog.. Laugh Just kidding.. Guess you might be the right one but I can help too... I use to have one and understand them a little better lor.. Stubborn hehehehehe...Fiona

cheung
Novice

Jul 20, 2004, 3:38 AM

Post #10 of 38 (1820 views)
Shortcut

Thousand apologiesUnsure, gals! I've been commuting back & forth btw HK & Seoul tryin to sort things out. Will email u gals immediately with Soju's photos & more details! One thing's for sure(I'm not boasting!), he's truly gorgeous & extremely gd-natured.

Also, I'm hoping for some gd news this wk. Perhaps, HK authority may not need Soju to stay 6mths in M'sia. frankly, I think 5 mths is max. Keeping my fingers crossed! TQ SO much for yr concern & help. Chk yr emails.

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 20, 2004, 10:09 AM

Post #11 of 38 (1815 views)
Shortcut

I really hoping for good news... 6 months actually are too long... If any of us keeping, soon or later sure fall in love... I was hoping you can have him by your side.. Hope we can be any help to you... Update us... Fiona

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Jul 20, 2004, 10:14 AM

Post #12 of 38 (1814 views)
Shortcut

heeh fiona... dun say that ekekke....
i not fighting with u kakakaka.....

if u take care i also can go ur house mar to see hehehehe

so gorgeous really !!!!
fall in love with him immediately okieeeeeeeeee ehhehe

hoping for good news =D

My pets~

In Loving Memories,

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Jul 20, 2004, 10:22 AM

Post #13 of 38 (1812 views)
Shortcut

eheh yes ur malamute is definetely georgeous !!

hope to hear good news soon Cool

My pets~

In Loving Memories,

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 20, 2004, 10:24 AM

Post #14 of 38 (1812 views)
Shortcut

No no la.. no fighting la.. just kidding la.. so handsome huh? The color nicer than mine... Actually if can, we both take care of him because I also scare la.. So many facts makes me worry sick lo... Especially not my dog... Just want to help her only.. If can, I rather she can have him by her side all the time.. No need this to happen but if she needs help we both can give helping hand lo.. And my friend Veronica can come in to play a role lo... Fiona

vijitha
Novice

Jul 20, 2004, 8:13 PM

Post #15 of 38 (1808 views)
Shortcut

IMHO I don't think it would be a good idea for the Malamute to be placed in Malaysia. Besides the whether, the conditions in terms of food/hygene are very different in each country. The Malamute will have to be re-assessed after living in Msia for him to travel back to Seoul. Please bear this in mind of the possibility that if he contracts "something" that will fail for his re-entry back to Seoul. Do u know what the admission health standards are for Seoul?

For the dog's sake as well, him travelling ALL the way to Msia only to live there for 6 months and ALL the way back is VERY stressful for any animal and moreso for bigger dogs. He will be confinded to a very small area during the journey.

For the sake of the Malamute, health and mental, he would be best placed with someone that knows Malamutes in Seoul or with his breeder or a dog boarding kennel.

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Jul 20, 2004, 11:10 PM

Post #16 of 38 (1800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vijitha] HELP! PANIC ATTACK [In reply to] Can't Post

vijitha ! u got an alaskan malamute too ? Cool

My pets~

In Loving Memories,

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Jul 20, 2004, 11:12 PM

Post #17 of 38 (1800 views)
Shortcut

hehehe yea we can help each other out la no prob wan .... Wink

so many ppl to give love to her malamute ehehhe

My pets~

In Loving Memories,

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2004, 7:14 PM

Post #18 of 38 (1751 views)
Shortcut

I was thinking of the weather problem too but glad to help him out.... My plan was put him 24 hours in air-corn.. From my friend's shop (boarding shop) and at night will take him home because I will have air-corn on at night... What you think.. I mean up to the owner... Fiona

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2004, 7:16 PM

Post #19 of 38 (1750 views)
Shortcut

Yeah lo... Everybody huh.. now 3 of us can help. .I talked to hubby already.. Only take him home at night because I have air-corn on at night ma.... My friend's shop also will have air-corn on in the day ma... Fiona

vijitha
Novice

Jul 23, 2004, 8:47 PM

Post #20 of 38 (1745 views)
Shortcut

Looking after a large dog like a Malamute is not easy as putting him into an air con room. What about exercise? Is he expected to sit in a small room the whole day for 6 months??

Regardless if the dog is loveable etc, if he is put in a different enviroment, his temperament will change. I have seen this with Malamutes and other dogs.

His surroundings and his placement in the pack is affected may result a very insecure Malamute (he could become destructive). Esp if he is not allowed to roam around much. What is his daily routine? Is he use to a big area?

I still will not recommend him being looked after in Malaysia. He is an artic dog. I am merely looking after his best interest. He should stay in Seoul with someone to look after him.

Are there any experienced vetenarians with Malamutes in Malaysia?

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2004, 8:58 PM

Post #21 of 38 (1742 views)
Shortcut

Of course I realise that... Don't forget I had 1 before and the mistakes I went through... Now it is a different situation... I was just being too worry and concern about the weather might discomfort the dog and this is the best idea I have now plus we will walked him a lot... If it is a cooling day, maybe I will have him bring back to my place where more space to room around... In and Out the house as he likes... I might not have a good idea but I just don't wish the weather will kill him or something... I had read an article that how northern dogs survive in hot country... Totally up to the owner.. I was just trying to help only... I did lightly says, "6 months is lon" and stuff... Thanks fo your advice.. I know you are tryinbg to help too... Sorry if I had been harsh... I just want to help this person and not want to take care of the dog just because I don't have or I love Malamute.. There is 1 Malamute so far in Malaysia that I heard... So I am not sure how good these vets are with Malamute... But I at times feel unsure about having a Husky... Since I have been seeing many here so I guess they are ok here already... Huskies and Malamutes are my no 1 dog still but worries make me unsure about keeping these dogs here.. Wish Ican migrate or something.. But I cannot leave my parents here alone plus I have kids so cannot just walk away like that for the dogs' sake... Sigh.... Appreciated... Sorry if I went too far.... Fiona

vijitha
Novice

Jul 23, 2004, 10:08 PM

Post #22 of 38 (1735 views)
Shortcut

Sorry if you got the wrong idea Frown U didn't go too far at all Frown you were trying to help but I am soo worried for the dog. I think it is wonderful you helping !!! So entirely sorry if I was appearing harsh. I just really worry about the poor dog. Probably he has NO IDEA what is going on. I am wondering if it is a good idea to get him to M'sia. It will be really unfair on him. New country - different climate, new surrounding etc. I fear for the welfare of the dog. No doubt that he will be in excellent hands but I worry how he will react? I have heard one too many stories about Mals altering behaviour when they are in new environments. They are soo strong willed. There are 2 mals that I knew of, both male and brothers from the same litter. They were adopted from pups and lived together until they were 5 years old. Their owner couldn't have them anymore (no idea why) so they were readopted (together) by someone else, and they TURNED on each other!!! So now they have to be adopted separately Frown Sad huh? I worry the dog might go pyscho from moving. How is he going to be transported?? If on a plane, they would probably tranquilise him? I just worry cos he might get very aggressive. I know Sebastian as much as a sweet loving teddy bear he is, has a very aggressive side esp if he is tired or irritated etc. I also wonder if the dog has separation anxiety? Or he might develop it? How are the Malaysian customs with dogs?? Are they treated well? We are going away for 5 weeks too and I am soo worried how he will be when we get back. Sometimes Malamutes get very angry and heartbroken when u leave them. When he gets back to Seoul he might be very annoyed at the owner. My breeder has mentioned to me, leaving Malamutes for a while can cause them heartbreak. I was like what? Heartbreak?? Crazy I didn't know to laugh or to take it seriously. His neighbour (bought 2 pups from him - females) left them with him for 3 days and when she returned, one of the dogs didn't speak to her for 2 weeks! Imagine that!!! 3 days only! I was worried about the weather for his hot spots too. They are soo nasty and they are sooo hard to spot until it gets big Frown Huskies should be ok in M'sia. Their coats are not dense. We know a few around here and compared to Mals, they look "shaved" lol. I know how u feel. One of the reasons why I would never want to move to a warmer climate ie Queensland is because of my dog, He totally owns me! He loves the cold. He is more hyper in winter than summer. I reckon if a Mal lived in Malaysia from pup ie 3 months onwards, they should be able to adopt to the climate as their adult coat is not grown yet (as you know Smile) Sorry but I was just offering advice. I always hear sad stories about Mals - you know those ones looking for homes, and not being able to be adopted cos aggression prone (which is probably cos of new environment). Many owners do not think the welfare of the dog. Quarantines are good enough for dogs. They are treated well. So there shouldn't be any fear with leaving them in quarantine. I know of a German Sheppard from England to Aust quarantined for a year (imagine that) and he was fine when he got out. They have vets monitoring their condition too. I hope everything works out for the dog. I still think he should just board a kennel in Seoul with someone experienced with Malamutes. So if anything happens to the dog, the owner is very close. I just don't want any stress on you guys - they can be a HUGE ball of fluffy stress! Smile

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 24, 2004, 5:42 AM

Post #23 of 38 (1720 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for being a friend in this... Phew....
I actually worry for him.. As you can see the previous message I wrote... 6 months are long... I worry as much as you... I also mention dog not mine.. Anything happen.. My gosh I will never forgive myself... In USA is easier to bring them up.. But Malaysia way too worry... Just Summer for a few months my Malamute is like dying of heat already.... I heard Shih Tzu gone mad after being brough back from USA and quarantine... But both my friends one from USA a Poodle, so healthy and got out fine... Another one a mix breed from Australia also got out great... The person will be working in Hong Kong guess won't be back to Seoul?? And she is a Malaysian... I just wanna help her so she can be with her dog.. I never got this chance.. People had said help me to take my dogs back but in the end back out and I can never be with mine again so I am hoping this won't ever happen to another person who willing to take the risk to bring back her dog and won't end up the same fate as me... Frown I know the heartbreak.. and I had never spoken a work to the person who back out until now already 7 years... I mean I did say hi and all but never gotten to forgive her... Don't promise and give me high hope if you will back out right? I saved up for my dogs and all too...Frown Hey hmmm do tell me a little about yourself... I never gotten to know you except your Sebastian Smile Fiona

cheung
Novice

Jul 26, 2004, 8:06 AM

Post #24 of 38 (1701 views)
Shortcut

Hey! Fiona & Vijitha

I hope I've not created any conflict btw u. I totally u/stand tt both of u meant well. Vijitha, I appreciate yr concern but I've thot it over carefully, weighed all the pros & cons. I'm moving to HK & my Mal will be q/tine 4mths. I even flew to HK just to visit the Q ctr. It's very well-maintained but he'll be caged up in a small (3x6ft)area & I was told no one will exercise or play with him at all. Sure I can visit him e'day but visiting hrs are weird(10am-12pm & 2-4pm)! It's summer in Seoul now & it's been very hot(30-34C) but my dog is fine inside the hse, even w/out a/con as long as he's in a cool part of hse.

If I leave him in M'sia, I was planning to visit regularly & pay the boarder for electricity for a/con & services. But anyhow, I may hv found a way around it. Perhaps, he doesn't hv to stay 6mths in KL. Still working on it, keeping my fingers crossed! Will update u but I'll be returning to KL in mid-Aug with dog. Where do u live, Fiona? If u like, we can meet & u can see my Mal. I'm SO grateful for yr kindness tt I'ld love to meet u even if my dog dn't end up stayin with you. Do forgive me if I dn't write regularly but am SUPERBUSY at the moment with the relocation.

Ciao

Sharin

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 27, 2004, 5:46 AM

Post #25 of 38 (1690 views)
Shortcut

I do really love to meet up with you... We are in common about dogs... I do love Malamute... Love to meet him in real live too... I am staying in Subang Jaya and on weekdays except on Tues I will be at my mom's Damansara Heights... Do call me up at 012-6749950 or just email me.. I will email you with my address when you are back then... Cannot wait to meet you....
No "la".. No conflict with Vijitha la.... Hope you have a better solution if not we are here to help/assist you... No worries we are here for you... All dog lovers "ma".... Keep in touch.. Fiona

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my