Home: Behavioral Problems: Humping Problem:
Can a neutered dog hump??

Gins
Dog Kichi

Jun 24, 2004, 9:46 PM

Post #1 of 6 (4203 views)
Shortcut
Can a neutered dog hump?? Can't Post

I have 3 dogs, one male (neutered) and 2 females (only one is spayed) Bear is my latest and smallest (in size) addition and she is one year old. She is on heat and has been so for the last 2 weeks or more. During the earlier stage, she did her best (shamless husky) to seduce SmileWhisky (male) but he was unable to do anything except the humping movements lah! Well, dogs sometimes behave like human and she (I'm very sure) was so frustrated (blush] and the things she did ...ah... And the poor chap was trying his best over and over again. Then....he succeeded last Saturday and another time Monday morning.

Now, my question is....how did Whisky managed that as he is already neutered. I thought that neutered dogs are like 'eunuch' without any reactions! I was supposed to spay Bear much earlier but somehow didnt get round to doing it. Gotto send her in a month's time; dont want Whisky to go thru' the same 'torture'SmileSmile

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 6, 2004, 6:23 AM

Post #2 of 6 (4176 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gins] Can a neutered dog hump?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you neuter Whisky when he was an adult? Maybe this is it, he might have enjoyed humping when he was younger and even if he is neutered, he will do it just for fun, my female lab is spayed and she humps, because she humps, all my unneutered males thinks she's a male hahahah.....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

Gins
Dog Kichi

Jul 6, 2004, 5:16 PM

Post #3 of 6 (4174 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Can a neutered dog hump?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Whisky was adopted from SPCA about 4 years ago and all dogs must be neutered before you take them home. He does go thru the humping motion once in a blue moon with Jojo, a female which was spayed 2 years ago. And Jojo thinks that she is male, she does the humping motion with Bear. It is kinda of hilarious watching her do it Smile

Anyway, now that Bear is off her heat, Whisky simply ignores her. However, she is dances around him!!

In Reply To

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 6, 2004, 5:58 PM

Post #4 of 6 (4172 views)
Shortcut

Oh, from SPCA, he is such a lucky dog then! Well, I likes humping and knows when the female is on heat so normal lah for him to hump..... my male shih tzu humps my boxer hahahaha.... my female lab thinks she's a male..... and my male boxers have never humped before..... so my whole dog family is all weird hahahaha..... how many dogs do you have? Sounds like a few rite?

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

Gins
Dog Kichi

Jul 6, 2004, 10:04 PM

Post #5 of 6 (4171 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Can a neutered dog hump?? [In reply to] Can't Post

You are right...I have 3 babies and I am ever ready to 'dog-sit' whenever a friend has to go away for a few days! I used to be a regular visitor at SPCA but has stopped lately as I always walked away feeling miserable for those homeless dogs.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 7, 2004, 1:36 AM

Post #6 of 6 (4169 views)
Shortcut

Well, I've been to SPCA a few times but not as a volunteer, but as one of those ppl putting unwanted pets there.... I had no choise, I've been there 3 times, and all were kittens. The kittens were founded by my friends and I, we did all we could to find homes but nobody wanted them, I already have a cat that didn't like them so I had no choise but put them there..... these kittens were either rescued from monsoon drains or dumped in parks..... Each time I got there, felt like hugging each dog, they were so miserable.... that's why I seldom go and try as hard as I can to find homes for the animals that I've rescued...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my