Bringing home a newborn baby

danielly
Dog Kichi

Jun 21, 2004, 11:50 PM

Post #1 of 15 (1338 views)
Shortcut
Bringing home a newborn baby Can't Post

Hi all!

I am expecting my first baby. Does anyone have any experience bringing home a newborn baby to a household already occupied by dogs? I have three minpins (two are 1 year++ and 1 is 5 months old)

~danielly~

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jun 22, 2004, 11:30 PM

Post #2 of 15 (1326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [danielly] Bringing home a newborn baby [In reply to] Can't Post

halo!! hmmm. u oledi got 3 doggies at home.. did u bring them back all together? u should oledi know how to introduct ur new baby into the family...right.. or u r asking other things ah? heheh sorry me blur blur...

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!
THE BULLDOG STATION **drop us a visit **
PHOTO ALBUM : PUPPY.COM & OTHERS
Ref: Pg 18; 19

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jun 23, 2004, 3:39 AM

Post #3 of 15 (1325 views)
Shortcut

Hi Danielly !!!

Long time no see.... CONGRATULATION on your coming baby ! and glad to hear that you have a household full of minpins LaughLaughLaughLaugh how have u been doing ? as for the babies... i have no prior experience u gotto ask those experience mama lor. The only kind of mama I have been is to those 4 legged ones Blush

cheers,
minglmy

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jun 23, 2004, 6:59 AM

Post #4 of 15 (1320 views)
Shortcut

aiyah u mean real human baby ah? hehehe sorry ah!! and CONGRATULATIONSSSS AH!!!

hmm this is what i learn from books ok...hope it helps

let the doggie in on all your baby preparations in the house, when baby arrives, let ur doggie sniff any item of clothing that has been on the baby before junior comes home. then u greet the dog 1st b4 introducing the new family member. hold the baby down for the dog to see and sniff, but make sure someone's holding the dog on lead in case of any sudden moves. don't play keepaway or tease the dog with the baby, which only invited undersirable jumping up.

hope it helps u lah!

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

a_evie
Doggyman

Jun 24, 2004, 4:13 AM

Post #5 of 15 (1316 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bull Lover, danielly] Bringing home a newborn baby [In reply to] Can't Post

good advise given...

as one prepares for the new kid to the family, its good to not neglect the older ones (may they be 4 legged or otherwise)...let them smell the bajus for the baby...

and when baby is home...a new mummy will be inevitably be with baby most times...at that point...make sure someone offers the 4 legged kids the attention that is visibly missing. but where possible..walks with baby in the garden is a good idea as the furkids get to see their mummy too...

when allowing the furkids to sniff baby out...pls pls ensure that someone is on standby in case furkids act a little aggresive or unsure.

when my sis in law came home...she passed baby to her hubby whilst she came in and greeted our goold ol christie...sayang...then said hello to missy the cat and gave both some treats. thereafter...she took over baby from hubby and showed the furkids the new addition to the family...most of my friends do that too...worked well.

and danielly...CONGRATS!

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jun 24, 2004, 6:28 AM

Post #6 of 15 (1314 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] Bringing home a newborn baby [In reply to] Can't Post

hahah thanks ya a_evie.. actually i just copy from the book... because i got few dog books around my room hehe... just simply grab.. will get one of them hehehe... i read these room.. b4 i sleep.. in toilet.. anytime i want.. i bring them in my bag too hehehe read when i am free in office hehehehe.... really canot stop reading stuff about my taro...the bulldog.. heheh.. but the books really expansive ah... but most of them almost the same inside... and i got the standand breed of AKC hehehe its like a dictionary... fun to read too.. but canot remember all of them... read and forget... getting old...Frown

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

a_evie
Doggyman

Jun 24, 2004, 7:58 AM

Post #7 of 15 (1312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bull Lover] Bringing home a newborn baby [In reply to] Can't Post

aha...i lost my copy of the akc thingy...must go look for it one of these days when i am not so busy.

same here...i read everywhere and just about anything that i lay my hands on...even brochures!

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jun 24, 2004, 10:12 PM

Post #8 of 15 (1302 views)
Shortcut

yes ah.even brochures of carefore also can read so many times hahaha...

i like dog book very much.. but really too expansive to buy sometime.. so i only can re-read the books i oledi have... and print some from internet.. heheh

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

a_evie
Doggyman

Jun 27, 2004, 7:31 AM

Post #9 of 15 (1296 views)
Shortcut

oh! i read shampoo bottles!

as for the books..yeah kinda expensive...so i normally read off the net too...but will buy if teh book is really good. what matters most is that you musst buy 1 good manual...and supplement the rest from other materials off the net, newspapers etc.

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jun 28, 2004, 5:49 AM

Post #10 of 15 (1294 views)
Shortcut

hmm yes wor... because i only buy bully books mah.. and read some from net.. found almost the same same things.... like i had read ALL the things.. but i don't think so loh.. so still keep looking.. and u know lah malaysia book store.. they rab the book up.. canot see see one.. so sometime too expansive and scare buying the same thing back home.. so didn't buy.. heheh sometime i only buy for the picturein the book hehehe.. and i print out many bully picture from net... almost getting crazy hehehe.... i even dream on.. i hug a bully to sleep.. hahah. actually hugging my pillow only hahahaha... (b4 i got taro).. so u can imagine how much i want a bully b4 and now i have taro!! YEAH!! fast fast congrate me lah hahahahahhaha.....getting crazy...

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

a_evie
Doggyman

Jun 28, 2004, 11:46 AM

Post #11 of 15 (1290 views)
Shortcut

haha..you definitely have this thing for bullies. why ah?

btw...ask them to open the book if it is wrapped...but of course you browse thru the book with an intention to read lar...not free reading lor.

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jul 1, 2004, 7:20 AM

Post #12 of 15 (1272 views)
Shortcut

yes i know there is no free reading.. but can ask them to open one meh..... ? don't know about that and don't dare too.... if can ok then next time i will ask... at least i will not buy the same thing...

hehehehe why ah? maybe i look like bully gua hahaha.. so love bully soooooo much hahhaa.. i always like the thing which is fat, short, HAHAHAHAHA.....looks like me... just like seeing myself.. my bf say that too hahahaha..... same like me.. he always say.. fei mui lai fei gou go walk walk hahahaha...

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

a_evie
Doggyman

Jul 7, 2004, 6:09 AM

Post #13 of 15 (1259 views)
Shortcut

yalor...they won't bite at you wan...if they say cannot...ask them how are you to buy a book when the cover does not tell you whether the book is good or not?

tell them...never judge a book by its cover. so if the book you want ot read is lousy cover...tell them...i think this book looks lousy...but because i don't judge a book by iyts cover...i need to look at its contents. vice versa...tell them that also if the book looks fancy....can be a commercial thingy to give the book a good feel when it is probably the same old materials inside.

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jul 7, 2004, 6:21 AM

Post #14 of 15 (1258 views)
Shortcut

hahahaha u r right.. wei u back lah! busy these few days? hey u take care ya!

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

a_evie
Doggyman

Jul 8, 2004, 8:15 AM

Post #15 of 15 (1249 views)
Shortcut

yalor....busy lor before baby comes into our picture....

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my