First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Fontsie
Novice

Jan 7, 2003, 11:07 PM

Post #1 of 65 (2682 views)
Shortcut
Greetings from Singapore Can't Post

Smile Hi all,

I'm an owner of 2 mini schnauzers, residing in Singapore who chanced upon this forum today. Without hestitation, I signed up for it always gives me a warm feeling to be in touch with fellow dog lovers everywhere.

Looking forward to learning from you guys, I shall do my best to contribute and make this board an interesting place for all concerned.

I wish one and all a happy and blessed new year, 2003. God bless! Wink
Attachments: duchess9.JPG (42.4 KB)

May
Old Hand

Jan 7, 2003, 11:28 PM

Post #2 of 65 (2669 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fontsie] Greetings from Singapore [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi!

Welcome to the forum.

Enjoy yourself here and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your furkids tooo..

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jan 7, 2003, 11:34 PM

Post #3 of 65 (2668 views)
Shortcut

Hi Fontsie,

Welcome to the forum. Great to have another dog lover across the strait on board. We have quite a number of Miniature Schnauzer lovers in this forum and hope that you find this forum useful.

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 7, 2003, 11:40 PM

Post #4 of 65 (2666 views)
Shortcut

Hi Fontsie~ Nice to meet you here!
I just signed up not long ago, and really gained a lot of helps and suggestions from this forum. You would definitely explore more by yourself.

So, mind to let us know more about you and your dogs?

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

lulugurl
ALPHA

Jan 8, 2003, 12:23 AM

Post #5 of 65 (2654 views)
Shortcut

helo~!!

welcome and welcome againLaugh your pets are really cute and sweet lookingSmile

looking forward to knowing you better and have fun exploring this siteTongue
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

wkser
ALPHA

Jan 8, 2003, 12:25 AM

Post #6 of 65 (2652 views)
Shortcut

hi fontsie,

welcome to the forum.....Smile

regards
ser

(This post was edited by wkser on Jan 8, 2003, 12:46 AM)

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jan 8, 2003, 12:40 AM

Post #7 of 65 (2646 views)
Shortcut

hi Fontsie,

Welcome to the forum!

Have fun!

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

Fontsie
Novice

Jan 8, 2003, 12:43 AM

Post #8 of 65 (2645 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] Greetings from Singapore [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, I've just joined and posted my first message and already so many responses and welcome notes. Thank you very much for your warm welcome! I'm truly impressed.

Okay, here're some info about myself. I'm a member of the Schnauzer Club (Singapore) and my wife and I are currently raising two Miniature Schnauzers, Karlie and Duchess. Karlie's S&P, male and 14 months old while Duchess is S&P, female, and 3 1/2 months old. Karlie's from Oz while Duchess is from a local breeder. They could be viewed at: www.freewebs.com/karlie. Besides our dogs we've two boys and all of us love our dogs dearly. We have had dogs and other pets for as long as I could remember and we could testify that they not only fulfill a role as faithful companions but also introduce a dimension of understanding that makes life so much more meaningful and rich.

This is an interesting board and I shall wander around as suggested by many to learn as much as possible from members of the forum.

(This post was edited by Fontsie on Jan 8, 2003, 1:16 AM)

andyckl
Novice

Jan 8, 2003, 12:49 AM

Post #9 of 65 (2636 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

boon
Doggyman

Jan 8, 2003, 12:59 AM

Post #10 of 65 (2632 views)
Shortcut

Hi Fontsie,

Welcome a board. You furkids look so charming and cute.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

Fontsie
Novice

Jan 8, 2003, 6:08 AM

Post #11 of 65 (2620 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Greetings from Singapore [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi Fontsie,

Welcome a board. You furkids look so charming and cute.
Thank you for your kind words, I'm sure yours are just as cute and charming.

arthur
ALPHA

Jan 8, 2003, 5:03 PM

Post #12 of 65 (2611 views)
Shortcut

Hi Fontsie!

I'm Arthur and am very glad to welcome you and your gang to the forum! It's a small world cos' we are both MiniSchnauzers owners and I'm also a member of the Schnauzer Club Singapore! (Just joined in December when Patty came to do her grooming demo. ID is artlee).

Your furkids Karlie and Duchess are very good looking especially Duchess who still have her baby looks! I have 3 Schnauzers, Pepper (2yrs,S&P,female), Lee Sha (1.5yrs, S&P, female) and Lee Ron (1yr, B&S, male). Like yourself, ever since we have them in our lives, we have expanded our circle of friends and kept busy during our weekends..

There are some other SCS members here, namely Veron, Eileen and Reo.. Though Veron rarely drops by nowadays..

Again, welcome onboard!

Rdgs Arthur

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jan 8, 2003, 5:57 PM

Post #13 of 65 (2605 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Fontsie,

Welcome to forum Smile. I am another Schnauzer owner from Penang, Malaysia. My baby, Yippi, is an 8 months old male schnauzer. Seems you adopt Duchess to accompanied Karlie. Am I right Tongue ?? I am planning to adopt another female Schnauzer to accompany Yippi, but afraid that I can’t manage 2 Schnauzer at the same time Frown.

Smile Eliza

Fontsie
Novice

Jan 8, 2003, 8:54 PM

Post #14 of 65 (2595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Greetings from Singapore [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Arthur,

Yes, it's a small world indeed! Thank you for your warm welcome. I was part of the organizing committee for the grooming session with Patty but could not attend because of work commitment. My wife, Carol, was there, though. Wish I could be there ... anyway, SCS is planning other interesting activities. So, look out for the news coming your way! Veron and Eileen I know as fellow members of SCS but am not too sure about Reo, because I haven't met him personally yet. I've seen his postings though.

Thank you for your kind comments about my pooches and I do concur with you they are a joy to have. Like you, they have literally expanded our scope of friendship to include all who are in love with schnauzers! So, I know exactly how you feel, LOL. Hope to catch you someday in Singapore!

Fontsie
Novice

Jan 8, 2003, 9:08 PM

Post #15 of 65 (2592 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] Greetings from Singapore [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Eliza,

Thank you for your warm welcome too! Wow, you're a mind reader! Yes, I've got Duchess primarily for Karlie's sake. Both my wife and I are working and we're away for the better part of the day. So, Karlie was normally left all alone at home. Everyday, when we dressed up for work, he would look extremely dejected and go hide in a corner. Sometimes, as we wait for the lift, we could hear him howl in anguish for us. It broke our heart ... so, Duchess was the result ...

Happily, things are different now. The two are the best of friends and they kept each other company. Karlie loves Duchess and gives in to her all the time and that little rascal takes advantage of it by snatching food, toys, and everything else from him! LOL, it looks so funny.

Eliza, before taking on another dog, do think through the implications carefully. Dogs have feelings and they, particularly puppies, go through not only a physical but also a mental/emotional development phase as they grow, which means their end result as individuals is shaped by what took place in their early puppyhood. It's therefore, more than just "managing" two schnauzers. I wish you the best as you ponder over the issue. If there's anyway I could help, please let me know.

Oh, btw, I spent around 3 1/2 years in Penang before my marriage. I was living at Batu Ferringhi then. It was a beautiful spot .... hummmmm, reminds me of Penang laksa ... yummy!!

(This post was edited by Fontsie on Jan 8, 2003, 9:11 PM)

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jan 8, 2003, 10:25 PM

Post #16 of 65 (2586 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Frontsie,

So, if not mistaken, you are living in an apartment, right??? Can apartment in Singapore keep dogs, doesn’t it illegal?? Will your neighbours complaint???

Ha ha Ha .. Sly I can imagine how funny Duchess snatching everything from Karlie. The youngest always is the most naughties.

Will you coming to Penang?? Some of members here are from Penang and we probably will have a gathering in chinese new year. If you are coming to Penang, may be you can join us too…

I used to work in Singapore too, for 1 year, and I was living in Jurong West.

Smile Eliza

drew
ALPHA

Jan 9, 2003, 12:53 AM

Post #17 of 65 (2573 views)
Shortcut

Hey There Fontsie,

welcome ... i'm another mini scnauzers owner here ~! i've got 2 of them here with me ... one's black and the other's black and silver ~!

anyways, a big welcome to you ... take care

Fontsie
Novice

Jan 9, 2003, 1:23 AM

Post #18 of 65 (2569 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] Greetings from Singapore [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup, Eliza, you're right. My, you're smart -- able to ferret out more information by reading in between the lines of my previous posting! I do live in an apartment. The authorities allow pet keeping though, and as long as we make sure they're not a nuisance to others, our neighbours pretty much live harmoniously with us.

Oh, there's going to be a gathering in Penang round about Chinese New Year time, eh? That's great! However, I won't be able to be present ... wish I could be there. Anyway, I wish all of you, both pooches and owners, a great time together.

Jurong West, aahhh, yes, I know where it is .... a pretty quaint and busy neighbourhood ... hope you took home with you good memories of your stay in Singapore.

Fontsie
Novice

Jan 9, 2003, 1:31 AM

Post #19 of 65 (2567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drew] Greetings from Singapore [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, Drew, you've got some pretty rare MSs as pets! Most MSs are salt and pepper, hence blacks are not that common. And rarer still are the true black-and-silvers. In Singapore, a lot of dark S&Ps are passed off as B&Ss, like Karlie's case initially. On his birth cert it was stated that he's a B&S but eventually he turned out to be a dark S&P. The tell tale signs are his ears and head ... they turned silvery (instead of being black) as the months went by.

True B&Ss are hard to come by ... you're very fortunate. Do take care of the treasure you have and thank you very much for your welcome note.

arthur
ALPHA

Jan 9, 2003, 5:30 AM

Post #20 of 65 (2561 views)
Shortcut

Hi Fontsie,

You mentioned about dark S&Peppers being passed off as B&S. My Pepper girl is a very dark S&P too. From afar, one might think she's a B&S but the giveaways are her ears..they are silverish. Maybe if I am really wicked, I might try to dye her ears just for the fun of it! Tongue

Here's a recent picture of Pepper in her sailor suit!

Rdgs Arthur

(This post was edited by arthur on Jan 9, 2003, 5:35 AM)

Fontsie
Novice

Jan 9, 2003, 6:50 AM

Post #21 of 65 (2554 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi Fontsie,

You mentioned about dark S&Peppers being passed off as B&S. My Pepper girl is a very dark S&P too. From afar, one might think she's a B&S but the giveaways are her ears..they are silverish. Maybe if I am really wicked, I might try to dye her ears just for the fun of it! Tongue

Here's a recent picture of Pepper in her sailor suit!

Rdgs Arthur

LOL, Arthur, you can always try .... like they say in the army (during NS time), "one can do anything, only don't get caught"! Pepper looks really good in that suit. However, I wonder if I'm seeing a MS with ONE flying ear? If it is, then Arthur, you've a very unusual and rare MS too!

She looks pretty fluffy and silky (hair quality-wise) to me. Is that true? If so, you must've had spent tons of time trying to groom her, while the other 2 are waiting in line, LOL. Sigh ... that's the lot of MS owners ... ren min ba!

(This post was edited by Fontsie on Jan 9, 2003, 6:53 AM)

arthur
ALPHA

Jan 9, 2003, 7:13 AM

Post #22 of 65 (2546 views)
Shortcut

Hi Fontsie!

Thks for the kind words on Pepper girl. My! What sharp eyes you have! Smile Yes, that is one fly ear you see..the one that will stubbornly refuse to lie properly when taking photos. Unsure

She blessed with thick leg furnishings.. have to comb her out every 2days to prevent tangles. I am going to try out the Ice on Ice thingy on her this weekend. Hopefully it works as advertised! I got them from Eileen but left them behind in Singapore when I came back. This weekend my friend is bringing them up for me. Yahoo!Sly

From your posting so far, I gather you are quite knowledgeable in our beloved MS breed. I am very glad you signed up. I hope we can all share and benefit from your experiences in this forum. Anyway, here's a group pic of my terrible trio taken recently in Dec at our puppy forum Christmas gathering..

L to R..Lee Ron, Lee Sha and Pepper girl.

Rdgs Arthur

drew
ALPHA

Jan 9, 2003, 9:23 AM

Post #23 of 65 (2540 views)
Shortcut

hey there Fontsie,

well, i'm actually a bit unsure now whether my B&S is a B&S or S&P ... in his birth cert he's a S&P but what we see is he's a B&S ... here's a pic of him :-

so, tell me is he a B&S or S&P .. LOL ... as for my black m.s ... i'm sure she's a pure black mini schnauzer as she's already 2 years old now and she's black !!! Tongue i don't have a pic with me of my black m.s now ... will post it up when i get it ...=)

take care and laterz

Fontsie
Novice

Jan 9, 2003, 2:25 PM

Post #24 of 65 (2538 views)
Shortcut

Wow, the "trio" together! LOL, Lee Ron with cropped ears (male?), Lee Sha with naturally drooping ears (sibling?), and Pepper with ears that are in-between! Arthur, you've all three types, what more can you ask for?? Hahahahaha. Lee Ron looks the biggest, and with those cropped ears, very impressive too. He/she must be at least 14 inches at the withers if not more.

Me "quite knowledgeable" about MS? Not really. I'm just a novice really, learning about the breed just like everyone else is. I was hoping that I can learn from you, LOL. I've never used Ice on Ice before, but heard alot of good things about it. Please keep me and the rest of the gang posted on the result, will you?

Now back to the "terrible trio" tag, I guess the reason why they are such is because MSs have a nack of taking over the household and one's life whether one's ready for it or not. They'll wrap themselves around your heart forever .... right now I've got one wrapped around my leg chewing on it ... sigh ... take care, and God bless.

Fontsie
Novice

Jan 9, 2003, 2:49 PM

Post #25 of 65 (2537 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drew] Greetings from Singapore [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, hi, CoolDrew,

Your B&S looks so cool and laid back, hahaha ... just like the owner? According to the breed standard, Black & silver has the same color pattern as the salt & pepper, but with black replacing the salt & pepper body coat, and silver replacing the white areas found on a salt & pepper. In other words, where there is pepper color, it should be black, true black, not mostly black. Thus, judging from the pic, your lovely pooch looks like a very dark S&P. The ears are a dead give-away. One can tell by looking at them. If they are not a solid black like the rest of the body (not the underside though), then the pooch is a S&P.

And of course, the other part to look at is the area just above the nose. B & S and those S & P that carry the B&S genes have a ring of white hair around the nose. Hahahaha, I'm speaking like a pro here, but really all this information can be gleaned from the internet ... no big deal! But really, whether the pooch is B&S or S&P, I'm sure you love it just the same, and that's all that matters.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my