Clearing teeth tartar

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

a_evie
Doggyman

Jul 20, 2004, 10:19 AM

Post #26 of 40 (794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tan_ling] Clearing teeth tartar [In reply to] Can't Post

hmmm...in normal circumstances when ear infections are bad etc, an ear flush is recommended. furkid goes under GA. then they will clean etc. poor kid will get up a bit blur blur and will lose sense of balance for a couple of hours but after that with proper maintenance, the ear infection shd not repeat itself.

in dog dog's case...it was the ant that was still very alive and creeping in his ears or biting him...so he tried to shake and scratch the naughty ant out.

am not too sure whether it works for shakes when furkid is excited. check with your vet.

a_evie
Doggyman

Jul 20, 2004, 10:50 AM

Post #27 of 40 (794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweet] Clearing teeth tartar [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm...she does not want the scaling is it?

sweet
Dog Kichi

Jul 20, 2004, 7:48 PM

Post #28 of 40 (792 views)
Shortcut

You see when she sees us eating, she gets so excited that her head went shaky, but after sometime, her head doesn't shake anymore. It happened whenever she sees us eating dinner.

Whether this is a problem, you have to see it for yrself. Let's say, my friends' dog get excited when visitors come, that she started to pee. I believe this is their reflex action. Leave it alone. If you are still worried, you can either consult yr vet or read up on bks. HTHs.Wink

sweet
Dog Kichi

Jul 20, 2004, 7:51 PM

Post #29 of 40 (791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] Clearing teeth tartar [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, even the vet also laughs at her!Sly The only thing I can do now is to ask my husband to spray her mouth after food.

tan_ling
Dog Kichi

Jul 22, 2004, 7:26 AM

Post #30 of 40 (762 views)
Shortcut

THANKS FOR U ALL....I WILL ASK MY VET AND SEE HOW.....:)sweet...u mean spray something in ur dog mouth ???wat it tat??

sweet
Dog Kichi

Jul 22, 2004, 10:07 PM

Post #31 of 40 (758 views)
Shortcut

Oh there is tartar buildup on her teeth, and she hates brushing, the only way we can do is to use the doggie's dental spray to prevent dental disease. In fact, I consulted the vet and she told me I can buy the dental spray containing fluoride from pharmacy.

How is yr dog? A beagle rite? What leads yr dog to get excited?

a_evie
Doggyman

Jul 23, 2004, 4:08 AM

Post #32 of 40 (754 views)
Shortcut

hmm...the spray that you used is human ones?

am not too sure about that. read somewhere...but can't remember which material or file that human tooth paste is a no no...so i would assume that the same applies to the sprays for humans.

would you like to double check...i'll check my end too.

sweet
Dog Kichi

Jul 23, 2004, 8:24 PM

Post #33 of 40 (752 views)
Shortcut

No, I am using doggie's dental spray known as Nova teeth and gum spray, which is easily available in pet shop. However, my vet advise me to use spray containing fluroide from pharmacy.

I have Pet Dental toothpaste too, but hardly use it. Not advisable to use human one cos it is too foamy, no good for our sweeties.

tan_ling
Dog Kichi

Jul 24, 2004, 7:27 AM

Post #34 of 40 (737 views)
Shortcut

Smilemy dog is about 10 months ...he very very naughty..no energy lo...my dog always excited when he wan to go out or whenever i wan to catch him...hmm..he always shake his head afraid her ear got something...:)

a_evie
Doggyman

Jul 24, 2004, 8:23 AM

Post #35 of 40 (735 views)
Shortcut

oic...

anyway, still cannot find teh info i want...will post when i find it.

sweet
Dog Kichi

Jul 26, 2004, 1:46 AM

Post #36 of 40 (717 views)
Shortcut

Yrs is still a puppy, wah, can play catching with him everyday. Do you check and clean his ear since he always shake his head? Does he scratch his head as well?

sweet
Dog Kichi

Jul 26, 2004, 1:53 AM

Post #37 of 40 (716 views)
Shortcut

Dun worry, I got the info, do readup, now reading dog owner's home veterinary handbook borrowed fm library, pretty informative. Thank you!Smile

a_evie
Doggyman

Jul 27, 2004, 6:16 AM

Post #38 of 40 (702 views)
Shortcut

great. so what does it say? and which library?

sweet
Dog Kichi

Jul 27, 2004, 7:56 PM

Post #39 of 40 (698 views)
Shortcut

For brushing the teeth and gums, it mentioned that do not use toothpaste made for humans. Its foaming action is unpleasant to dogs, and dogs cannot spit and rinse after using it.

I borrowed this bk from the library near Causeway Pt shopping centre in Singapore. Smile

a_evie
Doggyman

Jul 28, 2004, 6:46 AM

Post #40 of 40 (695 views)
Shortcut

aha...spore...not too sure whether our national library is equally good....maybe i shd give the msian library a try too.

what i read about the human toothpaste was more of its effect on the furkid's digestion..still haven't had time to look thru the files.Blush

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my