IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Tangle up hairs!

risamasuda

Jun 14, 2004, 8:01 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1599 views)
Shortcut
Tangle up hairs! Can't Post

i took my shih tzu mix pekingnese to grooming yesterday... after he came home, my bf found a chunk of tangle up hairs around his neck area.... i told him to not cut it coz i scare he cut his the skin... but he cut the hairs.. is it true that if u dont cut the tangle up hairs, the hair wont grow????? and is it okay to cut the tangle up hairs????

<<Risa>>

nathalie
Doggyman

Jun 14, 2004, 9:15 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1591 views)
Shortcut
Re: [risamasuda] Tangle up hairs! [In reply to] Can't Post

cutting the tangled hair is the best option or else:

a) the hair won't grow..true..

b) the tangle will be more intense causing bigger chunk of tangles

c) usually the matted area will be smelly coz u can't dry it properly..ticks will infest n it's hard to get rid of them in tangles.

cutting it off will ensure the new hair growth n brush it at least 3 times a week or else it's gonna get matted again.

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jun 18, 2004, 3:44 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1567 views)
Shortcut

Hi there,

I will suggest you to comb the hair everyday. For shih tzu and pekingnese also have long hair. I am sure your dog have long hair also. So combing hair everyday is important.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

risamasuda

Jun 18, 2004, 9:13 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1563 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Tangle up hairs! [In reply to] Can't Post

yah.. thanks! you have so many dogs yah?

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jun 18, 2004, 10:47 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1561 views)
Shortcut

Yeah I have 5 dogs. I used to have a shit tzu very cute but died when is around 4 months old. She got distemper.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

risamasuda

Jun 19, 2004, 7:45 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1555 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Tangle up hairs! [In reply to] Can't Post

oh sorry to hear... my dog is with my bf.. cause it belongs(!?) to him..LOL Actually i told him to have a dog so when i go over sea to study he wont be so sad...Sly he got my doggie to accompany him...

but b4, we were thinking to buy silky terrier! ive found one silky terrier so cute but pet shop is very expensive hehe!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my