IN

Home: General: Chit Chat:
Something about cocker spaniel!

alvin_augustus

Jun 11, 2004, 9:37 PM

Post #1 of 5 (712 views)
Shortcut
Something about cocker spaniel! Can't Post

SmileHello....helloo....can anyone tell me please about cocker spaniel...? The question is..."Will English / American Cocker Spaniel shed alot? How long the period they will change after once? And when is the most suitable time frame for them to get pregnant?"

Because I have one female(Full 8 months) and one male(going to 4 months) I really wish to improve and enhance the knowledge about cocker spaniel for myself; its also to help me and teach me what is the better way to take care my two little fur-angles. Thank you very much ya!

Wish you guys to have a nice weekend. Bye.Cool

Alvin Augustus Ng
[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/537768_10151485094615786_1774682625_n.jpg[/image]

nathalie
Doggyman

Jun 11, 2004, 10:23 PM

Post #2 of 5 (709 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alvin_augustus] Something about cocker spaniel! [In reply to] Can't Post

theoritacally long haired dogs normally shed twice a year but this is not conclusive coz actually dogs shed everyday but particular heavy shedding occurs 2 times a year. daily combing will ensure that the shedding's controllable.

pregnancy...it's often advisable to breed them only after their 3rd heat. if u feel doubtful get a book on CS coz u have both of them rite? it'll be very useful & handy for u Smile

dogslover
Canine Addict

Sep 12, 2004, 10:34 PM

Post #3 of 5 (679 views)
Shortcut

I think the best time for ur dogs to pregnant is the 2nd time when she on heat....but for me i'll wait untill it on heat at the third time so tht ur female will become more stronger....

Do remember this guide...giv ur female eat more protein tht can provide it calcium when she was pregnant if not u will get a lot of trouble of ur C.Spaniel.Dont let it jump,run after one month from mating.On the first time ur female cs cross wth ur male cs u hav 2 start count it,then after 63-65days later u will see the puppies.(if ur female dogs havent giving birth on63 days then u had 2 take it to find the veteranien).Before a few days she 1 2 giving birth she will pee something steaky..then 2-3days later she will giving birth.Accompany wth ur dog(if she allow)when she 1 2 giving birth...u can try to help when she totally not enought energy.After the first meal of giving birth u can try to let it eat the shark meat(boil it)it will provide more milk.

As a healthy puppy when thy had born thy will directly go 2 find whr is their mother nipple and thy will whelp it.It normally will b ok when she was pregnant u more take care of it......I was feel sorry if not so understand wht i mean cz my Eng was so lausy

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Sep 13, 2004, 8:41 AM

Post #4 of 5 (676 views)
Shortcut

If you know nothing about cocker spaniels, why are you interested in breeding from them?

If you are interested in improving your knowlegdge of them, breeding from them is not the place to start. Reading books and articles about cocker spaniels is the place to start, so is talking to cocker spaniel owners and breeders BEFORE getting the dogs.

It is especially shocking that you would want to perpetuate a breed when you obviously don't even know how much your dogs will shed or not - a basic breed characteristic that you should have known about before acquiring your dogs.

If the female cocker spaniel is already 8 months old, she will go on heat soon. What contigency plans have you made to separate her from the male to prevent accidental mating? No reasonable person will mate a dog on her first heat as the female is too young and physically immature to carry a litter of puppies to term without complications.

I suggest you keep your cocker spaniels separated until you know what you are doing.

Too many people get dogs because they like the look of them without knowing anything about them causing shocking misery to the dogs. Worse is when they breed "for fun".

It's not about doing what you want because you can - treating your pets with consideration is about being a human being.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

dogslover
Canine Addict

Sep 15, 2004, 11:37 PM

Post #5 of 5 (652 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] Something about cocker spaniel! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey i totally agree wth u wht u telling him....nice to meet u..

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my