IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
Peeing on all the trees

rasebastian

Jun 10, 2004, 1:26 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1036 views)
Shortcut
Peeing on all the trees Can't Post

Need some expert help...my boy Max wants to pee on every tree in the park where we go for walks. He pulls and runs from bush to bush, tree to tree, even though we go over the same area everyday. What can I do to make him stop pulling on his leash?
-------------------------------------------------------
Gurdian of furkids:
On Earth: Max
In Heaven: Mani (1991), Bonnie (1997), Musso (1999), Brunno (2003), Shadow (2010), Rover (2011)

KawChai
Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2004, 5:09 PM

Post #2 of 4 (996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rasebastian] Peeing on all the trees [In reply to] Can't Post

hihi,

i think its habbit, my pug (yoda) also does the same, as if the all the trees at the park belongs to him,
worst still, he will still lift up his leg even though there is no more pee liao. I guess he just want to mark, mark & mark. & he behave very kan cheong like you said, pulls & runs....Crazy

We are using a retractable leash, so we can let him run as far as 5 meters, just let him have fun lor

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 2, 2004, 12:01 AM

Post #3 of 4 (980 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

Nothing wrong with your dog ...

If your dog didn't want to pee on trees and bushes ... or ignored scent markings of other dogs ... then that might be a sign that something is wrong ... Tongue ...

So ... no worries ...

Your issue is teaching your dog not to pull your arms off when on a leash ... for that you need to train your dog how to walk on a leash ... Check threads ... plenty of info available ... Or better still, go and get a good dog training manual (also check threads, plenty of suggestions on what are good beginner training manuals) ...

Cheers

jaytan
Canine Addict

Jul 8, 2004, 6:42 AM

Post #4 of 4 (965 views)
Shortcut

hi, I really appreciate the trees cos they are so effective to get doggies to pee. Is there anything as good for pooping as well? That would make toilet training easier. Best regards,J

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my