help me and my dog

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

caroltan5762
Novice

Jan 6, 2003, 6:58 AM

Post #1 of 40 (2549 views)
Shortcut
help me and my dog Can't Post

hello,i am carol. Last month when i bath my dog ( golden retriever) i found his both hind legs become grey and i very worried about that. But when i took him to the vets, they didn't say anything bout that problem.They thought that were only dirt....but as i scrub his hind legs i found it was not dirt and my dog struggle when i touch that part...please help me to solve this skin problem
Smile

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jan 6, 2003, 7:01 AM

Post #2 of 40 (2547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [caroltan5762] help me and my dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

What type of shampoo that use for bathing your GR

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

caroltan5762
Novice

Jan 6, 2003, 7:19 AM

Post #3 of 40 (2544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] help me and my dog [In reply to] Can't Post

i use two type
bio groom-bronze lustre and the another one is the medicine shampoo ( i'm not sure of the brand) it's blue in colour start with M'
Smile

caroltan5762
Novice

Jan 7, 2003, 6:38 AM

Post #4 of 40 (2531 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] help me and my dog [In reply to] Can't Post

is that anything thing wrong with that shampoo??
i've been worring bout that...
Smile

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 7, 2003, 9:34 AM

Post #5 of 40 (2525 views)
Shortcut

Didn't the vet comment anything further about it when you pay them a visit??

caroltan5762
Novice

Jan 8, 2003, 1:09 AM

Post #6 of 40 (2513 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] help me and my dog [In reply to] Can't Post

nope
they said nothing...last week i brought my dog to another vet, he just gave me a shampoo withput any brandPirate
Smile

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 8, 2003, 3:06 AM

Post #7 of 40 (2506 views)
Shortcut

wah lau... maybe i am abit scared or 'kia see' about this as I'll keep on asking question to the vet again and again until i get what i want and understand well, otherwise, i will not let the vet just give me some shampoo and ask me to pay the bill!!!

caroltan5762
Novice

Jan 8, 2003, 5:59 AM

Post #8 of 40 (2501 views)
Shortcut

You are right...Shockedi better ask till i understand next time!!!!.Actually it is difficult to tell if the vet don't want to tell you the truth.Sometime they would just say 'it's ok' then gave me some medicine ' he will be better soon'Unsure
Smile

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 8, 2003, 4:55 PM

Post #9 of 40 (2496 views)
Shortcut

yeah, maybe i am from sales.. and dealt with alot of 'nasty' customers before... so if i want to know something, i'll make sure i get it before i pay or leave the vet :) i'll ask alot of 'why' & 'how' kind of question.. i know it might sound like....eerrrr.. kaypo.. but that's how i learn!!

caroltan5762
Novice

Jan 9, 2003, 6:25 AM

Post #10 of 40 (2478 views)
Shortcut

heheheSmileeven sound like kaypo but till learn new thing...but for i am just a teenager, sometime the yet will not even take notice at me..Unsure
Smile

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 9, 2003, 9:24 AM

Post #11 of 40 (2472 views)
Shortcut

have to ler.. no choice! for the love of our dogs... as they can't speak... then can only bark....

caroltan5762
Novice

Jan 10, 2003, 8:33 AM

Post #12 of 40 (2457 views)
Shortcut

hehe..hey ..may i ask you that why can't my dog plat fido,fetch with me??i teach him for more then 20 times???
Smile

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 10, 2003, 5:18 PM

Post #13 of 40 (2450 views)
Shortcut

my dog only know how to fetch, and then walk pass me.. never returns me the ball.. i actually have to run after her.. the more i ran, the more excited she gets and run even faster, i would then end up looking like a fool trying to chase my dog around.. only recently we got her to return back to me, but at times, she bits on the ball and just wouldn't release!!!

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jan 10, 2003, 5:44 PM

Post #14 of 40 (2448 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Lisa, Yippi will fetch the ball and back to me... but .... not return the ball to me, he just sit beside me and play with the ball Crazy ...

Smile Eliza

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 10, 2003, 6:31 PM

Post #15 of 40 (2446 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] help me and my dog [In reply to] Can't Post

exactly! they get so excited chasing the ball and run back towards us, but then last minute they will sway away and go to one corner and start chewing or attacking the ball!!! and just won't give it to you, once you pull it away from them, and throw, the same thing repeats... sigh...

some dogs are smart enough to actually fetch and bring it back and actually drop the object infront of thier owner!!!

caroltan5762
Novice

Jan 11, 2003, 8:30 AM

Post #16 of 40 (2436 views)
Shortcut

Yeahh...you boht are right...i am just facing the problem same as you...sign...Frowni've read from the book but it won't work FOR MY DOG...maybe he is too old to learn fido,fetch. Coz the book says that to learn fido,fetch must start at age around 6-8 months.Crazy
Smile

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jan 11, 2003, 5:49 PM

Post #17 of 40 (2429 views)
Shortcut

hi Carol,
Retriever has "built-in" distinct to fetch..so, particular easy to train on 'fetch'..
How old is him now? Rex was trained on fetching at 3 months..
There's some tips on 'fetching' somewhere...where I posted..but can't remember where Crazy. Pls. check out if u have time..
Smile
regards,

CD Moo

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 12, 2003, 3:39 AM

Post #18 of 40 (2421 views)
Shortcut

YES, Carol, sure your golden knows how to "retrieve", just that it may take you a while to train him to "letgo" stuffs from his mouth!Tongue

When I trained mack to fetch, i use high pitch tone. Just to get him excited during the training sessions. and praise him a lot a lot.... and everytime i ask him to fetch from far, i'll clap until he retrieve. so sometimes, when i ask him to get things for me, say from downstairs to upstairs..... i'll ask :" Ball-Ball leh?? Go, Go get it!" and clap-clap-clap.... then he'll go and get me the Ball.

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

caroltan5762
Novice

Jan 12, 2003, 6:17 AM

Post #19 of 40 (2417 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack]&[cdmoo] help me and my dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you cdmoo!!!my dog is 1 year old

Just now i teach my goldie bout the fetching stuff, firstly, i use a rope and ask him to fetch it back to me....it's successWink.....but when i throw another thing such as rolled paper ,Frown he didn't fetch it back,but he go and find the rope which i throw b4 that to meCrazy
Smile

boon
Doggyman

Jan 12, 2003, 8:50 AM

Post #20 of 40 (2413 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] help me and my dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ying,

wah mack is so clever, can go down stair and get the ball and climb up again. wish bonney can do it. But in hte first place, how do u train her ah ? must make sure he recognize the word Ball then follow by....................?

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 12, 2003, 12:35 PM

Post #21 of 40 (2412 views)
Shortcut

Carol,

please allow me to comment a bitTongue.
Dont use paper roll or the empty toilet-paper-roll or newspaper roll....etc. What I mean is dont use anything that you don't wish to see your goldie ruin your house (bite bite) for the purpose of training/playing games. If he is interested in the ROPE training, then keep it up, just make sure he'll retrieve to you before he torn it up. Once he manage the "command" then proceed on other objects.

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 12, 2003, 12:40 PM

Post #22 of 40 (2411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] help me and my dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Boon,

First, mack could learn "new vocab" in less than 30 min.Wink Ball-Ball is just one of his toys, he has "money, tiger, wit-wit, chewy-chewy, bone-bone" etc.... Since Ball will bounce, that's the first object I taught him to retrieve. He likes to chase the ball and will play by himself to throw the ball (make it bounce) from his mouth and then catch it again. If he wants me to play with him, he knows he has to give me the ball so that i could Bounce it. From there, he learned to fetch back. um.... the KEY is: make it fun!
Sometimes after he went downstairs, he will be distracted by other things.... then i have to clap and remind him to retreive.

caroltan5762
Novice

Jan 13, 2003, 6:53 AM

Post #23 of 40 (2403 views)
Shortcut

Thank you mack,Smile i'd follow the command
which are you saying, but when my dog didn't seem to have the mood of learning, it's difficult to make it. When he does has mood, it is only the mood of playing. I've mostly given upFrown
Smile

boon
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2003, 10:33 AM

Post #24 of 40 (2401 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ying,

Thanz for sharing, OK will try this on Bonney. Hope that she won't put me down.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2003, 12:11 AM

Post #25 of 40 (2390 views)
Shortcut

Of course our pets do have MOOD and EMOTION as we have, right?Wink
Just have the training sessions when he has the mood, as long as you also have the mood for him at the same time.Tongue When he has the mood of playing, sure there's "something" really really catch his attention. Then you use it to train him loh.... once i only used the shadow of my hands and fingers to train him. Mack likes to play with torch-light! I actually used torch-light and "shadow chasing" to train him get into the crate! and now he loves to stay in the crate as that's his KINGDOM. He never ever bring forced to get it and when he's in it, he has all the toys with him and no one could get in there to beat him. i guess that's the reason.... HE ENJOYS.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my