Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

paulynn
ALPHA

Jun 8, 2004, 4:08 PM

Post #1 of 37 (4056 views)
Shortcut
Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! Can't Post

If you read today's The Star Newspaper's Page 4 Nation News you'd be as outraged and as unhappy as i am! For those who catch up with updates and other news at my SPCA thread you'd know who this guy is.He's the one who's the "owner" of all 13 pedigree "breeding machines" dogs.

If u use a little math on this case, u'll come to know that he's only charged Rm15.38 per dog. Please, give me a break! What type of government are we having? The best part about this?There's this lady by the name of Nurul Izwan said it was reasonable to give Lau a second chance since he had "paid" the medical fees and " the dogs are healthy now"? Just because one pays the medical fees doesn't make one a "free man". And by the way, he was instruted by the Gov's Vet Department to do so.And no offense taken but what does she ms nurul knows about "how it feels like if your dog happens to be one of the 13 dogs"?She is probably not an animal lover (you don't have to be a dog lover to feel disgusted by such "expensive" fine by the way!) that's why she thinks that it's alright! All 13 dogs is under his custody by the way. He'll probably start over the same routine - get another diff sex of the same breed-wait for mating season-get them to breed-sell off the puppy-earn some dosh by that-buy another dog and do it all over again.Come on, i as a student not fully employed TOO can pay that such fine! Do u honestly think that he'll stop mistreating his dogs? I've seen pictures of the dogs' condition and trust me, it's not as "not serious" as u think is.

This shows how much the gov is not concern about animal welfare and animal related issues. Why? Take this as an example. A man in Canada tied his dog behind his truck and DRAGGED HIM ALL THE WAY.He's probably a psychopath but what's most important is that he was given a 4-figure fine and was sent to jail! It did stated in the newspapers that THAT francis will be fined rm200 or jail six months or both. Do u ACTUALLY think that it'll happen? Nada.

tpsing
Dog Kichi

Jun 8, 2004, 5:52 PM

Post #2 of 37 (4053 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

A maximum sentence of six months jail term will be appropriate in this case. The fine of RM 200.00 will not be a deterrent to others to commit the same offense. As reported, this is only the 2nd similar case in 40 years that dogs are brought to court and greatly reported by all media. This will no doubt put some shame on this irresponsible breeder.

kesuke
Doggyman

Jun 8, 2004, 8:05 PM

Post #3 of 37 (4048 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi paulynn.

i just read the papers this morning and i am as outraged and disgusted as you are. and i totally agree with you that by paying the medical fees of the dogs doesn't mean that this idiot will turn over a new leaf and should be given a chance. he'll just do it all over again. and it's not like he could choose not to pay the medical fees ..it's merely RM1500 (plus the fine) and he could make that money back just by breeding and selling ONE pup from his dogs. and just becoz his dogs are all "healthy" now means they can go back to their useless "owner" and be abused and ill-treated again? where is the justice in this?! Mad

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jun 8, 2004, 10:58 PM

Post #4 of 37 (4043 views)
Shortcut

Here are the links,

Pirate http://www.guangming.com.my/...p;artid=200406070614

Pirate http://www.thestar.com.my/...62721&sec=courts

Smile Eliza

(This post was edited by elizatye on Jun 8, 2004, 10:59 PM)

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 9, 2004, 8:17 AM

Post #5 of 37 (4028 views)
Shortcut

way to go!! another encouragement for idiots to abuse pets!!MadMad

seriously, deserve a 2nd chance?? what second chance?? like the mad man is gonna change. how could she(the magistrate) allow him to have all his dogs back??

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

gaudygoddess
Dog Kichi

Jun 9, 2004, 7:53 PM

Post #6 of 37 (4018 views)
Shortcut
Re: He's a Puppy Miller!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah, I knew it that this would be a hot topic in Puppy.com.

Paulynn, the Star report was just a tip of the iceberg.The night before, it was reported in the TV news.

One of the dogs had its eyes gouged out!!!!

Only one thing... why did the news not report that this @$$ is in actual fact a PUPPY MILLER?

This concept has not been recognised in Malaysia yet. Are the media people afraid that it would pecahkan the rice bowl of these people?

PLEASE PEOPLE STOP BUYING PETS FROM PET SHOPS!!! I was at Petaling Street 2 days ago and saw those bloody shops (the so-called clean ones) well stocked with these pups. Who knows they may have gotten them from this person.

I agree, RM200 is nothing more than a slap on the wrist!!!

dodo888
Dog Kichi

Jun 9, 2004, 10:30 PM

Post #7 of 37 (4011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

Why isnt any second chance given to the maid abuse case that was widely reported? before the employer was proven guilty, she was already detained and denied bailed like a serial killer.....do u think the judge will said give her a 2nd chance la, after all, the maid is healing and get so much donation fr the public, fine her rm 200 enuf la...

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jun 9, 2004, 11:34 PM

Post #8 of 37 (4008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was speechless when I read all that .... MadMadMad

cheers,
minglmy

Augustmoon
Dog Kichi

Jun 10, 2004, 2:32 AM

Post #9 of 37 (3997 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

Very sad. MadMadThat idiot only pay RM200 fine and given second chance to make thousand.
Regards.

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jun 10, 2004, 6:10 PM

Post #10 of 37 (3984 views)
Shortcut

What a lousy judge to sentence only by paying fine for RM200. What sort of sentence is that ?PirateUnsureMad

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

paulynn
ALPHA

Jun 10, 2004, 9:18 PM

Post #11 of 37 (3975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Replying to everyone in one shot since i have french exams this coming sunday (oral) and next week (written). You see, many people still do not regard our soulmates (yes i thinkmy dogs are my soulmates.Proven till i've found a "human" formed soulmate(s) lol) and our best friend in the whole wide world as a living thing, part of god's creation (nothing to do with religion,just my point of view) Thus, if compared to that poor Indon Maid's case, most will take this case as "nothing serious, only a bunch of dogs being treated as breeding machines.Big deal!" For us, we feel heartbroken because not only we feel sad for those who have no clue about puppy mill but only thinking of getting a companion like most of us do, but also to those dogs who were and will be under his care.

I was at the SPCA (as usual!) on the day i've found out about the case's results and talked to my friend, Sabrina (Animal Inspector) about it and she's appealing again. Apparently that Nurul lady that i mentioned was infact, the useless,brainless,stupid judge that gave that so-called second chance to that man.I'm sorry but i do honestly think that she has no brains or whatsoever. Sab's trying to make that man pay Rm200 * 13 dogs instead of Rm200/13 dogs. Yes, although the amount's still little but it's better than nothing. I know one of you has mentioned about six months in jail and all that but just like what the Noah's Ark Sanctuary founder mr Raymond (was honoured to have met him at spca the day we were discussing about the case.He was there to pay a visit to the kl's spca!!) says, this is a muslim country.It's hard to fight for animal's justice because these are how things go in a muslim country like Malaysia. But i think that we animal lovers can make a slight difference by voicing out our dissatisfaction towards the current law for animal rights. What say you all?

Apart from everything i've said, me and a friend Dawn who's an animal Welfare officer we think that the government too should start stopping un-license breeders or whatsoever regardless of what sort of animals they're breeding.Whether it's a dog,cat,rabbit,snake etc...whoever who wants to be a breeder should have a license for it because if anyone can breed for the sake of money and not for breeding for improvement in terms of health, this world will be crammped with overbred animals and unneccesities of having to put unwanted animals to sleep.

(This post was edited by paulynn on Jun 10, 2004, 9:23 PM)

tpsing
Dog Kichi

Jun 10, 2004, 9:24 PM

Post #12 of 37 (3972 views)
Shortcut

The Law need to be changed too. RM 200 or Six Month Jail Term. An average man will make says RM 1000 per month and the penalty should be RM 6000 or Six Months in Jail.

kesuke
Doggyman

Jun 11, 2004, 7:13 PM

Post #13 of 37 (3955 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn, all] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

there's another dog abuse case on today's thestar..on page 22.

"...the owner was jailed a day and fined RM150 for abusing a Daschund dog named Tim.."

"..(the owner) was also ordered to settle the RM490.35 medical cost incurred by the Selangor Veterinary Department in treating a 10cm wound on Tim's neck which was caused by a chain.."

MadMadMad

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

paulynn
ALPHA

Jun 12, 2004, 2:02 AM

Post #14 of 37 (3941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke,ALL] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

If u've seen the pictures like i did u'd feel like vomitting. Apparently the metal chain around Tim's neck was so tight that it SLICED through his skin...yes the chain actually sunken into his epidermis! i wished i'd scan the pics and showeveryone here but i'm not sure whether it's possible.

Hate to say this but what the hell are those judges thinking? Don't they have a sense of humanity in them?

kiyomi
Novice

Jun 13, 2004, 2:48 AM

Post #15 of 37 (3928 views)
Shortcut

Attached is the poor dog's picture,the wound has been recovered. Almost caused his life and the owner only fine 150 & jailed one day, should jailed him 10 days & fine 1500....Mad

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 13, 2004, 8:17 AM

Post #16 of 37 (3923 views)
Shortcut

i've seen the same thing happen to a labrador sent in to spca a few months back... the neck was cut coz of a tight chain around it... Frown

Unimpressed
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Augustmoon
Dog Kichi

Jun 15, 2004, 8:53 PM

Post #17 of 37 (3897 views)
Shortcut

Good newsSmileSmileSmile A-G to review dog abuse files. Today Star Newspaper, Nation page 15. Let those culprit goes to jail. Most important, those dogs must not be return back to them, there are innocent and deserve better treatment. Pls give our full support to A-G.

loafer
Dog Kichi

Jun 15, 2004, 11:42 PM

Post #18 of 37 (3892 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Augustmoon] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

it's about time somebody did something about it....maybe he should also review the nation's law on animal rights while he's at it. Mad

Join the JRT Zone

Augustmoon
Dog Kichi

Jun 16, 2004, 12:23 AM

Post #19 of 37 (3890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [loafer] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes ur right, good suggestion. All puppy. com members, pls give ur full support.

annjou
K9 Maniac

Jun 16, 2004, 1:53 AM

Post #20 of 37 (3886 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Augustmoon] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

i m sorry if i interrupted...but wats an A-G?? wat does he do??...can he relly do somthing to change the law / at least get tat two a**hole in2 a big hot oil wok....

loafer
Dog Kichi

Jun 16, 2004, 5:52 PM

Post #21 of 37 (3880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [annjou] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

A-G = Attorney General. Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail.

Here's what the Attorney General's Office does.

http://www.agc.gov.my/

Join the JRT Zone

Augustmoon
Dog Kichi

Jun 16, 2004, 9:50 PM

Post #22 of 37 (3874 views)
Shortcut
Re: [loafer] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for replying on my behalf. At least someone is taking action and reopen the book. There is nothing much we can do except to voice our dissatisfaction. Keep our fingers cross and wait for the result.

annjou
K9 Maniac

Jun 17, 2004, 12:57 AM

Post #23 of 37 (3867 views)
Shortcut

any news 2day??

Augustmoon
Dog Kichi

Jun 17, 2004, 8:00 PM

Post #24 of 37 (3852 views)
Shortcut
Re: [annjou] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

Rather quiet, no news so far. Maybe still investigating. There are many such cases happening everyday unreported. Pay a visit to SPCA or PAW look at the condition of those animals it really pitiful. If the owners have self-discipline all this would not have happen. Even the 2 are landed in hot wok they are many more out there!

loafer
Dog Kichi

Jun 17, 2004, 8:08 PM

Post #25 of 37 (3851 views)
Shortcut

that's just the tip of the iceberg Shocked

Join the JRT Zone

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my