Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Augustmoon
Dog Kichi

Jun 17, 2004, 9:48 PM

Post #26 of 37 (2147 views)
Shortcut
Re: [loafer] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, is just the tip of the iceberg? But the problems with our law is, no follow up. When something happened everyone would gives his or her comments. Within day’s thing are forgotten and back to square one.

rasebastian

Jun 18, 2004, 12:46 AM

Post #27 of 37 (2145 views)
Shortcut

Guys and gals, we can talk (e-mail) till the cows come home. Unless some sort of an action is initiated, nothing will change. Is there a place we can send a signed pettion to? perhaps we should start a signature campaign to review animal welfare laws, and include some of the stuff I had written as well ladee's pledge. Incidents like this have happened in the past and will continue to happen. Malaysian society in general, doesn't give a hoot about dogs, esp in a muslim country. It's up to us dog lovers to unite and take action. Anyone know of a dog-loving MP?
-------------------------------------------------------
Gurdian of furkids:
On Earth: Max
In Heaven: Mani (1991), Bonnie (1997), Musso (1999), Brunno (2003), Shadow (2010), Rover (2011)

loafer
Dog Kichi

Jun 18, 2004, 1:56 AM

Post #28 of 37 (2142 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Augustmoon] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

yep i totally agree with what you've said august. more of like nobody takes much of an action. the problem is, we as citizens don't have much of a right to go against the government. even the media is afraid to print certain articles. there's just no real freedom of speech here. how can one practise our rights when we aren't given the freedom of speech? all we can do is post about it in random forums on the internet, but there's no real concrete action anyone can or would take for fear of being taken in by the infamous ISA.

Unless of course, as per what rasebastian suggested, we get help from an animal-loving MP to present the case. Anyone with the right contacts willing to help? SmileSmile or we can always get everyone to email the A-G's office Wink

Join the JRT Zone

May
Old Hand

Jul 7, 2004, 6:54 PM

Post #29 of 37 (2123 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good News!!! Check out The Star Paper, Nation pg 23.

"Breeder Ordered to Surrender 13 dogs

A breader, who was fine RM200 for abusing 13 pedigree dogs under his care has been ordered by the High Court to hand them over to the Veterinary Services Department.

Justice Abdul Hamid Embong, who set aside a lower court's decision on June 7, said veterinary officers would treat and rehabilitate the dogs for a month before handing them over to the SPCA.........Justice Abdul Hamid Embong said the magistrate's court's decision was not accurate as the accused was allowed to keep the dogs despite causing suffering to them."

eli
Enthusiast

Jul 8, 2004, 3:34 AM

Post #30 of 37 (2113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

i've been told all the (pedigree) dogs will soon be put up for adoption by spca.
bookings open, i think! :)

loafer
Dog Kichi

Jul 8, 2004, 4:11 AM

Post #31 of 37 (2111 views)
Shortcut

Did the paper state if there is to be a harsher punishment for the breeder? Hope he lands himself in jail for a year at least. IMHO, slapping such people with fines just won't do the trick. They should be put to jail for a year, and get harrassed by the inmates there. Mad

Join the JRT Zone

paulynn
ALPHA

Jul 8, 2004, 6:05 AM

Post #32 of 37 (2108 views)
Shortcut

hi,

yes i've read about it too and am quite esctatic about it albeit i have no time to visit the shelter till this coming sunday for an event htat emphasises on mongrel dogs. Can't wait to hear more from the animal inspector.

loafer
Dog Kichi

Jul 16, 2004, 6:55 PM

Post #33 of 37 (1968 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

Did anyone read the writeup on animal cruelty Star Metro 14th July. ABOUT TIME I SAY !!!

Join the JRT Zone

rasebastian

Jul 20, 2004, 10:33 PM

Post #34 of 37 (1895 views)
Shortcut

For beginers, why do we all write in to Pet World. May be they'll take it up as a story and write on it. Alteast it'll creat some awareness and also the views of pet lovers. When other pet lovers (subscribers of Pet World) read, it'll create a larger coverage.

Robert
-------------------------------------------------------
Gurdian of furkids:
On Earth: Max
In Heaven: Mani (1991), Bonnie (1997), Musso (1999), Brunno (2003), Shadow (2010), Rover (2011)

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 20, 2004, 11:28 PM

Post #35 of 37 (1893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rasebastian] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just read the new issue of ... got a few pages on this topic......well done to !!

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

je$$ica
Novice

Jul 29, 2004, 8:20 PM

Post #36 of 37 (1823 views)
Shortcut

Hi, in reply to your post regarding talking to an MP who might be able to bring about this issue in the parliament, I'm more than willing to help. I work in the parliament house itself, for an NGO called the Asian Forum. We are in contact with all malaysian MPs. I totally agree with whatever that has been said about animal welfare in Malaysia.

there is also anuther thing which i'd like to bring up. i was at the a'famosa gathering last week and i'm not sure if any of u noticed this- there is a 'picture-taking' section at the waterworld entrance where they have a baby elephant and two orang utans i think. what i couldnt help noticing is the baby elephant- i mean, the poor thing has got colored-chalk all around its eyes - like colorful eye make-up kinda thing! I was horrified! i was so pissed it didnt occur to me to ask in detail- how many hours do they make them work, how long is break..etc..that kinda thing. i would have taken a photo with my camera, but oh of course thats not allowed!

i'll do whatever i can to help- please lemme know if u guys are gonna start like a petition or whatever it is.

(This post was edited by je$$ica on Jul 29, 2004, 8:24 PM)

loafer
Dog Kichi

Jul 30, 2004, 4:18 AM

Post #37 of 37 (1818 views)
Shortcut
Re: [je$$ica] Rm200 Fine For Dog Abuse-Give Me a Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jessica,

I believe SPCA Malaysia has a petition going at the moment. They're planning on submitting it on World Animal Day sometime in October. Perhaps you can offer your assistance to them in regards to that matter. I'm sure any help would be greatly appreciated by SPCA.

Cheers.

Join the JRT Zone

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my