Home: Behavioral Problems: Barking & Growling Problems:
Have u heard of dogs howling at Mosque prayers

wpheng
Novice

Jun 7, 2004, 9:21 AM

Post #1 of 6 (2605 views)
Shortcut
Have u heard of dogs howling at Mosque prayers Can't Post

Almost all the dogs at my street howl when the Mosque broadcast the prayers. These howling remind me of those found in "werewolves" movies.

Why are they doing this?

Are the dogs happy ie.. this is equivalent to singing, or sad... like "crying"?

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 17, 2004, 12:50 AM

Post #2 of 6 (2559 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wpheng] Have u heard of dogs howling at Mosque prayers [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Dogs howl to communicate with one another over distances ... the tone & timbre of a howl carries much further than an ordinary bark ...

So ... not to worry ... dogs howling together with Quran prayers is not unusual or anything strange ... Smile ... the dogs probably think they are howling in reply.

Dog howling is triggered when they hear tones/sounds that resemble another dog howling ...

Passing sirens can trigger the dogs in our neighbourhood into howling ...

Cheers Smile

bubbles2004
Novice

Aug 6, 2004, 11:22 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wpheng] Have u heard of dogs howling at Mosque prayers [In reply to] Can't Post

My Lab also howling this morning ! Dunno why ? Mine is an adoption and only 2 months ago, never had this problem until this morning.

Also......when I walk him and saw another dog, he will actually growling ! Why ?

khoo262
Enthusiast

Jan 7, 2005, 11:39 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Have u heard of dogs howling at Mosque prayers [In reply to] Can't Post

My opinion on why they howl is probably they 'see' something we can't see. if ye know what I mean!
finally..... khoo262 has come back to puppy.com

yjchong
Novice

Jan 24, 2005, 10:58 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1876 views)
Shortcut

Hi- my JRTx cross howls when the van that comes round honking with speaker voice "old newspaper, suratkhabar lama..." collects newspapers for recycling. She sounds really funny like singing to it.

I used to have a Shih Tzu (died more than 10 yrs ago)... whenever we played the recorder flute, he howls with it too!

But really, I don't know what there were trying to say.

;o) yj

kwlean2002
Doggyman

Jan 31, 2005, 7:48 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yjchong] Have u heard of dogs howling at Mosque prayers [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi- my JRTx cross howls when the van that comes round honking with speaker voice "old newspaper, suratkhabar lama..." collects newspapers for recycling. She sounds really funny like singing to it. (maybe she wish to speak as same, but the voice out are doggie sound !!!Crazy just kidding !) my previous furkids also doing the same thing. sometimes i `speak' on behalf them, like thier bark tone... x xx xxx xxx xx stop making nosiy, my seat dream gone.... woww !

I used to have a Shih Tzu (died more than 10 yrs ago)... whenever we played the recorder flute, he howls with it too!

But really, I don't know what there were trying to say.

;o) yj

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my