Anyone with lemon white beagle ?

ohmybeagle
Dog Kichi

Jun 4, 2004, 4:43 AM

Post #1 of 12 (3325 views)
Shortcut
Anyone with lemon white beagle ? Can't Post

Howdy everyone,

I would like to know if anyone of u own a lemon white beagle. For as many members i have browsed thru here i didnt see anyone posting a lemon white beagle's picture, so i assume there are either very few or just none up here. Thus, i would like to call out for anyone with this rare colour beagle so that my lemon white male Beagle can meet some new friends or even get a girlfriend one day. So guys, pls respond if u have a lemon white beagle male/female or if anyone of your friends has....please....thank you...you guys are great with a beagle with you....stay cool and love them with all your heart.

jonathan
Novice

Jun 4, 2004, 7:16 AM

Post #2 of 12 (3324 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ohmybeagle] Anyone with lemon white beagle ? [In reply to] Can't Post

HEY JUDE,

Sounds like a song.LOL.Good to see someone appreciate tan and whites for a change.They are not very popular here.But for all the wrong reasons unfortunately.I am sure you will find others with tan and whites.I used to have two.But I have since fostered them off as I had to downsize my numbers.

Just a word of advice regarding breeding tan and whites...I hope you will not put a tan and white to another tan and white.You will have an entire litter of tan and whites and that may result in some genetic problems that if you are interested I will be able to explain.You can email me privately if you are keen.

Good luck with your little tan and white beagle.

Here is one of my tan and whites from some years ago.

Jonathan

email

Attachments: Budveron Sandman.jpg (15.4 KB)

jaytan
Canine Addict

Jun 5, 2004, 2:56 AM

Post #3 of 12 (3302 views)
Shortcut

hi, welcome. Lou looks handsome. My 10-month old Picnic is a lemon-and-white. Her brother Sparky is a tri-color. There should be a number of lemon-and-white around cos I have come across many litters with mixed markings, meaning tri-color and lemon-and-white puppies in the same litter. The dark colors tend to become dominant but I imagine that my tri-color Sparky has got lemon-and-white genes as well. Er, Picnic is spayed. Best regards,J

ohmybeagle
Dog Kichi

Jun 6, 2004, 7:08 AM

Post #4 of 12 (3291 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaytan] Anyone with lemon white beagle ? [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah thanks jonathan and jay, i reckon i would probably look for a tricolor bitch to mate lou with when he grows up so i could get a mixture of lemon white and tricolor. The reason why i didnt get a tricolor and plan to breed only lemon white is because my parents are "pantang" about the triclor marking, as though they are wearing a "dead people" suit and their feet are all white in color,although i tot that's really cute like wearing white socks. I love tricolor initially but i had to get Lou as he is by far the best lemon white i have come across during my search. Yah one more thing....didnt u guys ever thought of showing your beagle in a dog show? i had such intention before i bought Lou but unfortunately he has a defect on its tail so i guess he wouldnt make it. i think it's a good scene to see more beagles taking part in MKA championship show or even winning a significant title so ppl out there will start to recognise beagle. we could even have an unofficial gathering or something like a beagle outing there. hehe.

wong_fui
Novice

Jun 10, 2004, 8:22 AM

Post #5 of 12 (3265 views)
Shortcut

hello,

My name is randall and I owned a white lemon beagle.her name is lola.she is very very naughty!I guess all beagle owner is facing the same experience.She is 7 mths old.Can be girlfirend but do not intent to breed because 1 beagle is sufficient!Ha!Ha!Tongue.Unless ready buyer la.........SlyJust joking!!Do not intend to be breeder also.

So.......wanna plan lola to meet new friends????Mail me.....Smile

tan_ling
Dog Kichi

Jun 20, 2004, 9:16 AM

Post #6 of 12 (3209 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaytan] Anyone with lemon white beagle ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi jay tan,my dog paws seem very itchy and redness...how i going to do??pls help...Frown

jaytan
Canine Addict

Jun 21, 2004, 10:03 PM

Post #7 of 12 (3203 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tan_ling] Anyone with lemon white beagle ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I dont have experience here. Can anyone else on the forum help out?

Is the problem with all 4 paws? I would consider allergy, infection and excessive wear. Why dont you ask your vet? Make sure to trace the source of the problem so you can address it. Only treating the symptoms wont do. Good luck,J

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jun 29, 2004, 6:26 PM

Post #8 of 12 (3158 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wong_fui] Anyone with lemon white beagle ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I am interested to meet your Lola.. Do let me where to meet you. Because the beagal of your color is rare i think.. If i can get one, i am happy. Wink And at the same time to get some advice.. I am a new trainer.. Laugh

wong_fui
Novice

Jul 5, 2004, 7:59 PM

Post #9 of 12 (3098 views)
Shortcut
Re:to misterstan........... [In reply to] Can't Post

welcome to the world of beagleWink.no problem for us to meet but ur beagle has to grow bigger 1st,otherwise my lola will be too rough for her if they are playing.whre is your location btw?

as for your pee pee n poo poo prob....u must train immediately.u will of coz experience these stuff everywhere,@ least for the 1st 2 weeks or more.I suggest you paper train her.as soon as you find pee pee spot else where,get some newspaper immediately n absorb it.then clean the spot with soap or floor cleaner to eliminate smell.Then place the paper to where you wan her to pee pee next time.u must find a permanent spot and dun change all the time,eventually it will find the spot because of the smell.

poo poo in the cage?not advisable....u must make a small partition in the cage if the cage is too big.the reason is if there is no xtra space,he won't poo poo inside but u must be committed to bringing him out to poo after each meal.

of coz,for best tips of taking care of beagle,pls go to kinokuniya and invest in a book about beagle.trust me,it really helps........

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 7, 2004, 3:39 AM

Post #10 of 12 (3084 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wong_fui] Re:to misterstan........... [In reply to] Can't Post

i am staying in bangsar.. i do not intend to bring it out because he (beagal) have not complete the vaccination. just wanna see your beagal... i do not know if my beagal can poo and pee in newspaper because he can't stop chewing newspaper...
haiz...

ohmybeagle
Dog Kichi

Jul 9, 2004, 5:54 AM

Post #11 of 12 (3064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Re:to misterstan........... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi stanley,

Yes No offense to jaytan but i have to say that it's almost impossible to train a beagle using newspaper cos he will cause too much trouble and even worse if left alone for a long time. He will turn ur place upside down when u are not in and in the end u will be having a headspin at cleaning the mess of the pee and the newspaper of course !! Furthermore, if train him using newspaper to pee at one place the pee will be flowing everywhere and u just gotta clean it everytime. I used to try that method but i find it troublesome and he just wont stop biting the newspaper and in the end u will be the saddest person cleaning up the mess. It will work better if u train him directly in your toilet and place a cloth that was used to wipe his pee there then make him sniff it everytime u bring him there. dont forget to praise him exuberantly by offering treats for the 1st few times. For my case...i gave up with the newspaper as i dont have the time and energy to clean up the place everytime he pees there so i use a crate now to serve as his "business ground"....well if u can afford a bigger crate it shouldnt be a problem even his size increases fast. what i used to do is i would just push him inside the crate when he shows signs of peeing. he might be lazy and pee outside once in a while but u just gotta be patient and show him strictly that he should pee inside. dont forget the praise!! If u use this way u dont have to worry the whole day and all u need to do is to clean the waste container underneath once in a day. For Poo Poo wise i just make him do it near the crate without any newspaper and i just use a thick kitchen tissue roll to pick it up it and flush it down the toilet bowl...nice and easy...usually he will choose to do it somewhere near his "business ground".

Of course if u choose to keep ur beagle outside one day u can also use the same way that is to place the crate outside in ur garden and release him from his sleeping crate from time to time to let him do his business. Better still if u can bring him for a walk and make him do his business then with a proper disposal of his waste,ie. bring tissue along with u to pick up his poo and dispose it nicely.

please learn that beagles are very active breed and they just wont stop moving around and giving u headspin. So u just gotta live with this fact and be very very patient. They will only start to calm down a little when they reach one year in age. They are nice to play with and always have alot of energy so make sure u dont neglect them the whole day. They need alot of attention or else they are very likely to turn ur place upside down when u r not at home...so make sure that u put them into their sleeping crate when u are not at home. Beagles bark very loudly also so u must make sure they r not too bored if not they will just bark non stop in the crate. make sure that u release them more often and play with them before u put them into the crate. In the beginning he will surely bark non stop to get ur attention so u shouldnt attend to him immediately...try to stay cool with his barking and dont respond until he stops barking. scold him when he barks and reward him when he stops.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 9, 2004, 6:11 AM

Post #12 of 12 (3063 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ohmybeagle] Re:to misterstan........... [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the advice ohmybeagle.. I will whichever is best for him and is best for me.... The good thing about the beagle that i have is that he barks before/after poo/pee... I think he wants to alert us that he is going to do his business and have completed his business.... Either i let him poo in crate or i bring him out and poo out. Thanks once again.. I just wish he have completed all 3 jabs and he is well trained, then can bring him go out..

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my