Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Looking for a quiet Dog

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

vivtan

May 31, 2004, 7:14 PM

Post #1 of 155 (3908 views)
Shortcut
Looking for a quiet Dog Can't Post

Hi all, thinking to have 2nd dog to company my chow chow.

Im staying in a condo which can't really have a medium/large breed, wondering any advise from the members, any suggestions or advises?

Thx.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 31, 2004, 7:35 PM

Post #2 of 155 (3905 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vivtan] Looking for a quiet Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

For a quiet dog, you can contact Sony and get an Aibo - it will definitely listen to ur command without any fuss. (just joking ya) not sure where u can get a quiet dog though... but definitely not pomeranian, minpin, chi hua hua lor... they can be a bit noisy.

cheers,
minglmy

vivtan

May 31, 2004, 7:48 PM

Post #3 of 155 (3903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Looking for a quiet Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Thx minglmy, actually my question is which breed is more quiet type. A few friends told me to hv PUG, but i'm still considering!Smile

Rgds.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 31, 2004, 11:13 PM

Post #4 of 155 (3885 views)
Shortcut

quiet dog... hmmm... i can only think of pugs lor... coz i have one... very quiet... sometimes i wonder if she can bark... Tongue but of coz can lar... but not unnecessarily... and definitely not high-pitched... very suited for apartments and condos life... do join us in the pug thread for more info about our beloved puggies if u r interested to know more... Cool

btw, i think bulldogs tend to be quiet too? not sure...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jun 2, 2004, 9:35 PM

Post #5 of 155 (3867 views)
Shortcut

i have a bulldog hmmm...bulldog ok also... he only bark when he see u r making his meal hehe.. but after he know he have to WAIT for meal.. then he will not bark any more..
can say really quiet.. and he is fine for small area also... i mean condo..but he snore kuat kuat when sleeping (very noisy) hahhaTongue

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!
THE BULLDOG STATION **drop us a visit **
PHOTO ALBUM : PUPPY.COM & OTHERS
Ref: Pg 18; 19

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

(This post was edited by Bull Lover on Jun 2, 2004, 9:40 PM)

vivtan

Jun 2, 2004, 10:32 PM

Post #6 of 155 (3863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bull Lover] Looking for a quiet Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Bull Lover,

I like bull dog as well, they r considering midium breed or small breed? as my hse already got 1 chow chow, if both of them oso midium size, tak boleh juga!!Crazy BTW, where can i buy this bull dog? hardly can find in the pet shop.

How old is yr baby? got picture ah?

Rgds.

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jun 2, 2004, 11:56 PM

Post #7 of 155 (3859 views)
Shortcut

hi,

bulldog is a medium breed, he is abit bit smaller than chow chow.. but he can grow up to 25 - 30kgs. bulldog is very gentel and friendly. bulldog loves everyone.. and he like to share.. will not have problem to get along with ur chow chow, is ur chow chow like to share?

yes its about difficult to get in kl, johor have a special breeder. actually i got my Taro from my frined, he know some breeder..

Taro is 3 mths +, yes u can go 'utility group' to have a look, i have some there.. and also some in photo gallery, just look for 'bull lover'..

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 3, 2004, 5:18 AM

Post #8 of 155 (3856 views)
Shortcut

Hey vivtan,

I have to agree with the others, try getting a bull dog or pug. They are not noise makers.... But bull dogs are a bit pricey coz they it is hard for the pups to be born in the natural way. Many female bulldogs have to go through cesarean coz the pup's heads are too big to go through the birth canal. The hips of a bulldog is also narrow, making it difficult for them to have birth the pups....

But if you really want a no noise dog ah, you'll have to find a basenji, a dog that can't bark at all. They are called African bush hunting dogs, they can only make whimpering sounds.... If I'm not mistaken my knowledge...... I'm still learning about various dog breeds hehehe....Blush

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jun 3, 2004, 7:23 AM

Post #9 of 155 (3852 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Looking for a quiet Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

yes wor basenji is a good one.. barkless dog.. but can we get in m'sia?

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

vivtan

Jun 3, 2004, 7:59 PM

Post #10 of 155 (3840 views)
Shortcut

Hi Bull Lover,

Tkx for d info, ya I just show TARO's pic to my hubby and both of us oso said toooo cute la.... thinking to hv one.

my chow is very friendly as well, but now he is abt 26 kg and only 11 mths old, very fat...Smile

If you got the breeder's number, pls do let me know ok! Tkx.

vivtan

Jun 3, 2004, 8:03 PM

Post #11 of 155 (3838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Looking for a quiet Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ai-ney,
Yr pug sooooo cute, how old is he/she? where u bought it?

rgds.

vivtan

Jun 3, 2004, 8:07 PM

Post #12 of 155 (3837 views)
Shortcut

Hi crazymouse-yyh,

what breed is dat (basenjji), im not familiar with breed as well, u got pic?

Anyway, thx to everyone and all the advises n info.Smile

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 3, 2004, 8:14 PM

Post #13 of 155 (3835 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

thanks for the compliments... Cool my pug, sookie, is rescued from spca ampang... no one knows her actual age, but we figure she's about 6 yrs old now coz of her white facial hair... she's been with me for less than a year...

of i forgot... not sure if chow chows and pugs are a good match... i mean not sure if they can be fren fren... Tongue

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jun 3, 2004, 8:50 PM

Post #14 of 155 (3832 views)
Shortcut

vivtan,

my friend is not a breeder, but he is reliable to look for a healty and nice one for u, if u r still interested.. email lah.. i will send u his phone. coz i think we are not allow to adv. here.. so better not to brake the rules yaSmile wlfoo pls write the subject as ' bulldog vivtan' hehehe coz there r lotsss of virus around now. i always delate directly if i see someone i don't know..Frown

ur chow chow is oledi in max size right.. taro will reach his max on 9 mths also.. so 6 mths to go..

hahah can u still pull ur chow when he is not willing to move? hahahaSly. i don't think i will be able to carry my baby 2 mths later haha.. now i still carry him here and there like a baby.. hehe Tongue

good to hear ur chow chow is friendly.. so u don't have a problem to get a new member in.. what ur chow name?

french bulldog id quite too..

show u that i take on 27/05/04

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

(This post was edited by Bull Lover on Jun 3, 2004, 10:59 PM)
Attachments: Taro270504 (8).JPG (53.7 KB)
  Taro270504 (4).JPG (71.1 KB)

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2004, 12:12 AM

Post #15 of 155 (3823 views)
Shortcut

Actually Basenjis are rare in Malaysia.... but I read from a website that a basenji was exported to Malaysia. Here's the pic of Ch Wazazi Tailor Maid - Tayla that was exported here..... I'm not too sure lah but they make good indoor dogs, never shed fur, are very clean like cats and have no doggie smell. Try calling MKA at 603-7729 2027 and ask, I'm sure there might be a breeder..... if not then I suggest you go for a bulldog as a companion for you chow chow.Cool

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2004, 7:09 AM

Post #16 of 155 (3813 views)
Shortcut

hey do u think french bulldog is good for vivtan too? they r quiet too wor..

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2004, 9:32 PM

Post #17 of 155 (3808 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, French Bulldog also good! They are one of the healthiest bulldog breeds to have and are very affectionateTongue. Can also try Maltese, miniature dachshund and boston terrier!

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2004, 9:46 PM

Post #18 of 155 (3807 views)
Shortcut

aiyah! will us make vivtan confuse ah! HAHAHA more more breed to tell hahahahaha....Wink

some breed can be noisy also right..

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2004, 11:00 PM

Post #19 of 155 (3806 views)
Shortcut

Yah loh... hehehe I think dia sudah confuse hahaha.... but really lah, I think it all depends on the way the dog ic brought up. My friend lives in an apartment that doesn't allow dogs.... she secretly have a mix terrier and the terrier never barks! So good....Laugh

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jun 5, 2004, 6:32 PM

Post #20 of 155 (3790 views)
Shortcut

tell u something ah!!i am so angry with and sad to hear...i got one friend's friend ah.. i don't know that lady... she got some small breed also.. and she move from terrace house to apartment.. then because it is not allow to have dog... u know what she did?? she go and cut the dog 'voice line' ah!!MadFrown poor doggie!!!

they only can bark!!! they are not like human still can show things or feeling with hand!!! how can she do that on the doggie, which she said she love so much!!! toooo bad!!!MadMadMadMadMadMadMad X 10000000000

now the dog no voice at all!!

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 5, 2004, 7:40 PM

Post #21 of 155 (3789 views)
Shortcut

HUH?! Teruk lah that person..... A vet can only cut a dog's voicebox when all the other methods of making a dog bark less fail. It is inhumane and in some countries... cruel! I think the vet is also an irresponsible vet, no dog should have his voicebox cut when the dog has to live in an apartment. The vet can only do that when the dog cannot control its barking.... I watched this on Astro, a lady had a poodle mix terrier that cannot stop barking. She tried all the training, therapy, voice control collar... but never work so the vet can only cut it if all other methods fail but the vet didn't cut all the vocal cords so the dog still can bark but very soft............

MadMadMadI think your firend's friend is very stupid..... If want to live with dog don't live in apartment lah, if still want dog, find lah a place whick allows dogs... she very mean......Mad How can she say she loves the dog so much when now the dog nofreedom to run or play in grass and show its emotions.....

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jun 6, 2004, 7:33 AM

Post #22 of 155 (3783 views)
Shortcut

yes wor... too bad lah right.. ai..... if the lady is my friend sure kena me scold her!!! stupid one!.. poor doggie.... ai....

heay! why always only we 2 left for all the forum we go!!! tooo talkative? until ppl don't know what to talk with us ah! HAHAHA....

i gonna rest early today.. tired.. write u next day ok!

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

vivtan

Jun 7, 2004, 7:05 PM

Post #23 of 155 (3776 views)
Shortcut

Hi all,

really confusing now, but nvm la not dat rush to get another one, i better studied all the breeds 1st then only decide which is suitable for meSmile!!!

the cruel story dat u told us, dont think is real la..... where got a dog lover can do dat to her own lovely dog even bcoz of staying in the condo!Unsure cant believe dat!!Unimpressed

Cheers!

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jun 8, 2004, 12:00 AM

Post #24 of 155 (3769 views)
Shortcut

hmm i hope its not true too.. but unfortunately its true...Frown i saw the puppy before.... nice cute doggie..

hmm yes ah.. never rush to look for a dog.. take ur time sure u will found someone u really love..

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

vivtan

Jul 13, 2004, 7:38 PM

Post #25 of 155 (3636 views)
Shortcut

Hi Foo,
Guess wat! Finally just bought another baby, haTonguechow chow again......

Very headatche and worried now, 1 boy 1 girl, if put them togetherUnsure anything oso can b happened, susah susahCrazy

how's yr cuty bully, is this the latest pic? wat's the weight now?

Cheers!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my