kscheong49
Novice

May 31, 2004, 6:03 AM

Post #1 of 14 (554 views)
Shortcut
doggie's paradise in "Noah" Nanas Can't Post

WinkHi Friends,

Dog lovers’ paradise “Noah” Nanas

I’d been back to Pekan Nanas for nearly a year, yet I never been to Noah till today when my new friends from Pontian called me, on his way to Noah.

For dog lovers, Id say this is a paradise, you can walk freely in this 10 acre of land, 80% of the animals here are dogs. When we reached there, there were a numbers of Singaporean coming in cars and motor bike. Noah is formally located in Singapore, form by the public Singaporean sheltering the stray animals, mostly dogs and cats. Unfortunately, when the lease expired, it wasn’t allowed to renew, luckily, these volunteer manage to get this piece of land and transformed it into an animal paradise.

When I visited Noah today, welcoming us is a two storey hall, we were sitting on the bench around the hall in a circle. Beside us, there are dogs, dogs and dogs, and many kinds of pure pedigree dogs. To my knowledge, there are German shepherd, Labrador, Golden, Maltese, Irish Setters, Jack Russell, Damaltian, Greyhound and others.

Nearly 50 over dogs sitting, standing, sleeping and running beside us. On and off, there are dogs running up and down the staircase.

Though there are so many dogs in the hall, yet this place is clean and odorless. When we started walking into different parts of the shelter, we can see there are many other dogs running freely on the field, only a small number are locked up due to quarantine or sick.

Beside dogs, we can see cats, horses, goats, and wild geese too.

So, dog lovers in the south of Johor make yourself free one weekend and visit this doggie paradise. Don’t forget to donate a little by buying their T-shirt or key-chain or be a volunteer to help there if possible.

We know so much, we talk so much, but how much have we done to help our friends?

Thanks

Kelvin
To You he is only a dog. To him you are everything.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

May 31, 2004, 6:15 AM

Post #2 of 14 (552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kscheong49] doggie's paradise in "Noah" Nanas [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, I've heard about this place, it came out in newspapers once..... My bad luck is I live in KL and have no time or transport to go down there.... Have been trying to beg my parents to let me go.... have to wait....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 31, 2004, 6:48 PM

Post #3 of 14 (542 views)
Shortcut

Wow.........really sounds interesting. The problem is, is it possible to bring dog over there?

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 31, 2004, 7:07 PM

Post #4 of 14 (538 views)
Shortcut

Hi kscheong49,

welcome to the forum and thanks for letting us know of this place.... sounds great but too bad its in JB and not in KL...

cheers,
minglmy

yuanyuan
ALPHA

May 31, 2004, 7:17 PM

Post #5 of 14 (535 views)
Shortcut

can i hv the full address pls.. or got location map or not... can we bring our own doggie to there...

would like to go there one day when go to visit my dad and sis at JB...

**YY(Yuanyuan aka Erica), VV (Eevee Daphne) & DD (Edy Skippy) with loves**

kscheong49
Novice

Jun 1, 2004, 12:37 AM

Post #6 of 14 (526 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] doggie's paradise in "Noah" Nanas [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kit,

For Noah's Ark Lodge, this doggie paradise, I'd like to thank Larry who brought me there. I got to know him here. I do agreed with him it's not advisable to bring our doggie in.

Imagine there are hundred of dogs running freely in this big compund, and our doggies are new to them, there might be a fight, then our doggie will be in big trouble. more over, the managemen wont allow us to bring our doggie in too.

kscheong49
Novice

Jun 1, 2004, 12:42 AM

Post #7 of 14 (524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yuanyuan] doggie's paradise in "Noah" Nanas [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Yuanyuan,

I 'd email the map of "Noah's Ark lodge" the doggies' paradise. If you happen to come down to JB, try to visit this place. if you.re a dog lover, I'm very sure you wont regret of spending so little time and you gain so much.

yuanyuan
ALPHA

Jun 1, 2004, 1:03 AM

Post #8 of 14 (520 views)
Shortcut

thanks for it..

already receive the location map.. but not really familiar with it lor. .will try to ask my fren in JB abt this...

where are u now? u working in KL??

kscheong49
Novice

Jun 1, 2004, 5:14 AM

Post #9 of 14 (517 views)
Shortcut

Hi Yuan,

I'm a Singaporean, Pekan Nanas is my hometown. I'd retired last year, and prefer to come back and live in this kampong with my doggie.

The URL for the doggie paradise is www.noahsarklodge.com

Thank and good luck good health to all.

rocz

Jun 1, 2004, 8:18 AM

Post #10 of 14 (514 views)
Shortcut

Just let me know n bring along one pack of dog treats and I will bring u there...lol

anyway u can only go there on Sunday.Quite deserted place I must say.

Probably pple fr KL can form a Nanas tour and I can be ur guide,,,

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jun 1, 2004, 3:50 PM

Post #11 of 14 (513 views)
Shortcut

I see. Anyway I am sure that this is a nice place to visit.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

yuanyuan
ALPHA

Jun 1, 2004, 6:37 PM

Post #12 of 14 (511 views)
Shortcut

thanks for the URL... surfing now... looks interesting

(This post was edited by yuanyuan on Jun 1, 2004, 6:37 PM)

yuanyuan
ALPHA

Jun 1, 2004, 7:02 PM

Post #13 of 14 (508 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rocz] doggie's paradise in "Noah" Nanas [In reply to] Can't Post

after seeing so many dogs and cats' pics... i am really interested to go to hv a visit to noah... but my dad is staying at JB... is it quite far to pekan nanas?? if go morning.. wat time must i left... wow... i must really think of a place to stay nearby leh

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Jun 1, 2004, 8:01 PM

Post #14 of 14 (503 views)
Shortcut

Hello and welcome!!

If this place is in KL, it will be THE most happening place for furkids! Wink

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my