Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
How often a pup should bath?

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Jan 2, 2003, 5:56 PM

Post #1 of 16 (2742 views)
Shortcut
How often a pup should bath? Can't Post

Anyone know what is the maximum times a pup can take bath in a week?

Sometimes I even give JOJO bath up to 5 times per week, will this cause her sick?Unsure
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jan 2, 2003, 10:58 PM

Post #2 of 16 (2734 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shyeow2] How often a pup should bath? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Shyeow,

I used to bath my puppies twice a week. But had advice by someone that puppy should not bath so often, so now I bath Yippi (Schnauzer) once a week and Yummy (Mongrel) twice a month. But Yippi always smelly 4 or 5 days after bath. The smell of cause is Ok for me Tongue , but my syster always complain that she cannot tahan the smell Crazy . A pet shop had recommeded me to use the shampoo powder. If he smelly, I just apply the powder on his coat and comb them off. I just start trying this product.

Smile Eliza

ashley
ALPHA

Jan 2, 2003, 11:18 PM

Post #3 of 16 (2731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] How often a pup should bath? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi eliza , what type of powder u put 4 Yippi? what happen if other puppy lick him ? i also cannot tahan my shitzu smell loh!Crazy That day u ask me where is November pet shop now u know already? cos yesterday we must pass by this shop !!Smile
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jan 2, 2003, 11:47 PM

Post #4 of 16 (2726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] How often a pup should bath? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Ashley,

I can't remember the brand already. I don't know anything will happen if puppy lick the powder. But the powder have to comb off after applied to the puppy's coat. I'll let you know the details tomorrow Smile , OK.

Ya, I know the shop location, may be will be there this weekend.

Smile Eliza

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 3, 2003, 6:16 AM

Post #5 of 16 (2714 views)
Shortcut

Hello! i've seen ppl using the powder during Dog Shows.. i think they are using Biogroom (not too sure of the spelling) surprisingly i find November's stuff not that cheap.. almost similar or slightly higher than K9. I've been to Ban Leong as well, but they are more to selling dog food for BIG dogs!! I'll vote best dog chain and all those cute cute stuff for dogs at November and care product at K9 store. When I got to Toby, already tutup kedai.. didn't really had time to explore :), but i would use wet towel to wipe Jaz, don't really trust using the powder, as Jaz likes to likeherself...

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Jan 3, 2003, 5:26 PM

Post #6 of 16 (2709 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for your reply.. Powder is a good idea. I think I seen before in Astro that there is a kind of powder is for small pup take bath. Is that the one u talking about? It is same as taking bath.. only thing is 'dry' bath. Yes we hav to comb the powder away after apply on. But won't this be the same?? Please adviseSmile
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jan 3, 2003, 6:15 PM

Post #7 of 16 (2704 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Ashley, Lisa, Shyeow,

The product is ĎTroyí shower powder and deodorant, use to dry clean the coat of dogs/puppy without rinsing. The powder has to brush away after applied to our dog/pupís coat. I donít know the effect of the powder yet b coz I am just starts using the product. I am not sure also is it the one shown in the Astro as Shyeow mentioned. Please give some comments for the member who had used this product before. Thanks Smile.

Smile Eliza

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jan 3, 2003, 6:18 PM

Post #8 of 16 (2702 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] How often a pup should bath? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Lisa,

I prefer K9 b coz it is always new products there. I knew that the price of November would be a bit expensive, just hope that can find some special products that canít be found in K9 Tongue . I will use wet tower to clean Yippi's face too, expecially after meal.

Smile Eliza

May
Old Hand

Jan 3, 2003, 6:22 PM

Post #9 of 16 (2701 views)
Shortcut

Hi Shirley,

I'm using grooming powder on my dog too. Usually I will bath her once a week but sometimes twice a week depending on how dirty she gets.

Grooming powder acts like a dry shampoo. After u put the powder on the dog, distribute the powder evenly on the dog coat and brush it out. After that your dog will look clean and fresh.

Overbathing your dog will removes the natural oils and can dry out your dog's coat. In between bathing you can use grooming powder to keep her clean and smell good.

ashley
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2003, 6:25 PM

Post #10 of 16 (2700 views)
Shortcut

hi eliza , TQ!! i using troy shampoo for all the furkids but i don't like the smell. For the powder u mention i think i will go to find cos i wan to buy shampoo for them also!! Eliza u wan the photo for Yippi? pls give me ur email add TQ!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Liza,
is true November's product is very expensive compare to other shop. Did u use conditioner for Jaz.
what brand of shampoo r u using for Jaz right now?
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jan 3, 2003, 6:34 PM

Post #11 of 16 (2699 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Ashley,

Can you pls send me the photo to elizatye@ . Thanks.

Smile Eliza

ashley
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2003, 6:47 PM

Post #12 of 16 (2696 views)
Shortcut

Hi eliza i send to u already some of the yippi photo i will send to u later ok!!! If u received pls send me a mail that is my company email add!!

OK!! Bye!!
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jan 3, 2003, 7:00 PM

Post #13 of 16 (2693 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Ashley, Sure. Thanks.

Smile Eliza

wkser
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2003, 8:38 PM

Post #14 of 16 (2684 views)
Shortcut

hi,

when my nous he was young i only bathe him once a week....and make sure that dry him/her everytime after bathing with hair dryer or dry cloth........SmileWink

regards

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 3, 2003, 10:23 PM

Post #15 of 16 (2675 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ashley, i think prices at November are slightly higher.

I don't use conditioner.. use to use Pantient ProV for human!!! hahaha! but after reading all the forums here, i stop using it.. i find the BEST conditioner is sea water.. take your dog for a swim by the sea, once they are dry, thier fur feels so smooth and shinning!!! but of course rinse it with water...

ashley
ALPHA

Jan 6, 2003, 6:27 PM

Post #16 of 16 (2653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] How often a pup should bath? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Liza, they all not like ur Jaz like to swim .somemore i seldom bring all of them go to beach.Unsure so i think they are very scare when see the sea.
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my