Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Dog crying outside,help please

uk_jatt
Novice

Dec 31, 2002, 8:25 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1411 views)
Shortcut
Dog crying outside,help please Can't Post

hello, im a new member, introduced myself a few days ago.

im having a problem with my japanese akita, when ever i leave him alone outside, he starts to bark and whine constantly, and also scratch at door to inside. even if it is only for 5mins, i tryed giving him kong toy, and also feeding him outside, but he only plays when someone is with him. he is 13 weeks old, is this an ok age to put him outside, he is a very good boy inside, but we need him outside as a guard dog (crime is very high hereFrown) i hope someone can help me. thanks in advance for any and all suggestions

cowcow
Dog Kichi

Jan 2, 2003, 8:04 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [uk_jatt] Dog crying outside,help please [In reply to] Can't Post

same with my doggie here. When she is alone, tend to be too noisy and crying. but then will stop after got tired. maybe try for few days and let ur doggie get use to it(just tahan a bit loh)? however i just felt it is just to young to be outside, pittiful...

the worries might be... what if the ur japanese akita got kidnape instead of ur house got broke in? hehe, just kidding!

uk_jatt
Novice

Jan 6, 2003, 1:53 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1361 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cowcow] Dog crying outside,help please [In reply to] Can't Post

not to worry, it was a slow process, lucky i had a weeks holidays!. at first i left him alone for 5mins, then if he didnt bark, i gave him a treat and incresed the time alone by 2-3 mins. if he couldnt manage a time, he got no treat, like the first time at 20mins, he started barking, so i and i started on the time he was last succesfull on, 17 mins.

this was a very slow process, but well worth it, its good to know my little friend is not distressed while im away during the day

astrojulie
Novice

Jan 19, 2003, 1:27 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1342 views)
Shortcut
Re: [uk_jatt] Dog crying outside,help please [In reply to] Can't Post

Some dogs get very lonely when they are left alone otuside; especially if someone is INSIDE, that only makes them feel lonelier. It's best to keep them inside. Besides, if crime is so high, they may steal the dog Frown jsut my advice.
~Many Good Dog Years!~

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 20, 2003, 6:29 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [astrojulie] Dog crying outside,help please [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeap agree.... unless you have a garden with other dogs to acompany with, it's best to keep them indoor... they are to guard the house, and they can still do so even if they are left indoor...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my