Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Skin problem?!

Cheryl
Dog Kichi

Dec 30, 2002, 11:12 PM

Post #1 of 14 (4487 views)
Shortcut
Skin problem?! Can't Post

Hi all. I think Spring is facing some skin problem. I’ve been noticing her for the last 2 months... she is dropping lot of her fur (serious until I must swipe the floor everyday)... also have dandruff problem. I just feed her dog food, named as Nature’s Recipe for Sporting Dog (recommended by Vet). I don’t think there is any problem on the food coz beside dog food I just feed her plain bread, pear and apple. What’s wrong with her????? please help!

cdmoo
ALPHA

Dec 30, 2002, 11:34 PM

Post #2 of 14 (4484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cheryl] Skin problem?! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Cheryl,

Have u checked with her other siblings (Luckey, Jumanji).. what diet / kibbles are they on?

I believe it's due to food and/or shampoo.

Do u bath her very often? Certain shampoos are not very mild..hence, need not to frequent bathing.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

wkser
ALPHA

Dec 30, 2002, 11:44 PM

Post #3 of 14 (4481 views)
Shortcut

hi,

Nous had this problem few months ago and he start to scratch ... then we brought him to the vet he was given two jab by the vet with some medicine for him to soak in after his every bathe....he is fully recover now...he really lost alot of fur during that duration .....

regards
ser and nous

Cheryl
Dog Kichi

Jan 2, 2003, 5:32 PM

Post #4 of 14 (4462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Skin problem?! [In reply to] Can't Post

I bath her twice a week with the shampoo that I've bought from the pet shop. Can't remember the brand but will find out and let you know. That shampoo comes with mild fragrance though... that's why I thought this would be good for her coz is recommended from the pet shop…

Cheryl
Dog Kichi

Jan 2, 2003, 5:40 PM

Post #5 of 14 (4461 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] Skin problem?! [In reply to] Can't Post

ya right 'hainam-nang'... she scratch her self quite often... which vet do you normally go? Maybe i should just bring her there... I thought all dogs are dropping lot of fur when they are at 6 months but I have found out that not as much as her...

Jumanji is eating ‘Eagle Pack’… not too sure about Luckey… and Spring’s are eating ‘Nature’s Recipe’… Is there any problem on this brand, CDMoo? This was recommended from the salesperson in pet shop also…

wkser
ALPHA

Jan 2, 2003, 6:25 PM

Post #6 of 14 (4459 views)
Shortcut

hi cheryl,

happy new year......."hainam nang" ...hahahhaa........i went to the vet is located in subang jaya....if you need to details i can email you...anyway i dun have yourt email addFrown........yeap nous shed also when he is 5 to 6 month.....but not that many as when he had the skin problem..........maybe like what moo is due to the kibbles also....nous was having eukanuba before that problem so i change to innova but the skin problem still exist finally i brought him to the vet......Smile

regards
ser and nous

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jan 2, 2003, 8:09 PM

Post #7 of 14 (4454 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cheryl,

refers: "she scratch her self quite often" .. During shedding season, dogs just shed naturally.. and without scratching Smile. So, your case is different.

I dunno about Nature's Recipe and others. Try read out the thread "Specific food for specific dog" in this section. Nature's Recipe might containing some ingredients which allergies to SpringTime.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

htpol
Novice

Jan 2, 2003, 8:49 PM

Post #8 of 14 (4448 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cheryl,

It is not recommending to shampooing dogs too frequently. Once a week is more than enough. Unless they have any skin disorder, otherwise it may diminish the natural protection lipid on the skin and hair coat. Use plain water for bathing in the case of hot temperature. Food wise, I would suggest Califonia Natural if you have doubt on food allergic. Since the Ca. Nat. having only Lamb, rice, sunflower oil, it get rid of the most common allergen and due to the short list of ingredients is more easier for you to determine whether there is allergy to your dogs.

ginl
ALPHA

Jan 2, 2003, 9:55 PM

Post #9 of 14 (4442 views)
Shortcut
Re: [htpol] Skin problem?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi htpol,

Do you know where I can get Ca Natural in PJ/KL? Hv not come across it in any of the petshops I go to...they only carry Innova....wud appreciate it if u can email me the info.....my email is ginl@pd.jaring.my....thanks!

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 3, 2003, 6:43 AM

Post #10 of 14 (4421 views)
Shortcut

Hie! Hie! I thought it's 'normal' for dog to scratch themselves? Jaz does it every now and then. But i doubt that it's because of ticks. However, recently I noticed that Jaz's been shedding especially on her hind legs and as Aust Silky they are suppose to have long golden coat even at her hind legs, but recently i notice that she looks so funny as her front legs are still alright, it's just her hind leg, there are still fur, but they are so short... nearly like BOTAK!! could this be because of:

food she consumed? Taking Purina palates now

she's on heat (first heat - just reach 1 yrs) could this be one of the factor?

shampoo (but her neck, body and front legs are fine)

please help!!

htpol
Novice

Jan 3, 2003, 8:46 PM

Post #11 of 14 (4406 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Skin problem?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ginl,

I bought it from Sea Park located in SS2. Tel:78740682

ginl
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2003, 9:02 PM

Post #12 of 14 (4399 views)
Shortcut

Thanks htpol....I know where it is.

htpol
Novice

Jan 3, 2003, 10:35 PM

Post #13 of 14 (4392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Skin problem?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Jaz, I think your dog having a tick or flea allergic on the skin. My Lucky was having the same problem on his head or localize 'botak' on his body. The skin became black in color. I was recommended by a pet shop : Ado Derm --content: biotin (Orally) and Ado Film --content: Atlantoin fluid plus aloe vera for topical therapy. Infacts, I don't believe on natural ingredients but it took me two weeks time, the skin became better and I have seen the hair is growing back. You can try it just apply the cream on the infected area.

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 3, 2003, 10:47 PM

Post #14 of 14 (4389 views)
Shortcut

hi htpol,

Thank you very much for your advise, but i don't think it's really skin allergy as she's just shedding on both of her hind legs.. there are still fur, but they suddenly became extremely short.. there are still a few long wans danggling here and there.. but i don't think it's really skin problem, could it be?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my