The cost of adoption at PAWS

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 10, 2005, 12:44 AM

Post #26 of 45 (2365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] The cost of adoption at PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

just curious, who u think should replace the old lady? as in order to vote her down, we need to vote somebody up. if i register as a member but i have to vote somebody who is just like the old lady up, i dont have the interest. but if the person is a good person, in other words care for the animals, im very interested. especially if the person can assure PAWS reject any new comers (animals) until the place is not too crowded. PAWS promised no-killing, so this is the only way out. I really hope there is no-killing in PAWS by voting the right person.

as im still young & i need lots of advices, pls correct me if i said something wrong. thanks.

Regards,

Yang

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Mar 10, 2005, 9:07 AM

Post #27 of 45 (2346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] The cost of adoption at PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

You will have ample chance to find out exactly who are all the characters in the present committee who must be kicked out.

Th last group of nominees had someone from WWF who had a proven track record on paper, loves animals and was willing to give PAWS her time and support. Maha relatives out-voted the real members and chose someone who I believe is a retiree or a housewife who has never even stepped into PAWS before (she was not at the AGM either). When the time comes, you will get the AGM notice and people will be after your vote claiming that they look after animals for the handicap, pawn their jewels to save PAWS, put PAWS in their last will (so if they die, PAWS benefit) but of course they must run PAWS now without being questioned -- for the good of the dogs, it is their personal backyard. No one else cares, no one else can do the job properly, everyone wants to steal PAWS's money etc etc . You will hear it all.

Aiyah... trust your head and your heart. Open your eyes and listen to both sides. As a member, you need people whom you trust to run a facility like PAWS. It is not fundraising, jumble sales and pretty faces/pictures in the newspapers, BUT the lives of unwanted animals at stake. And at the rate they process MPPJ/MPSA dogs , surrendered animals (without payment), they kill hundreds every month. You claim that you saw with your own eyes ... so you know what is going on.

Its time to 'kick-ass' and get those people who ran PAWS into the ground for years and years OUT and keep them OUT for good.

In my opinion, we find people who are willing to come to PAWS every week, two weeks... clean the shit in the dog and cat cages, wash the dogs and treat the animals like they would their own pets are the true animal lovers. There are few already in the current committe who are true and dedicated, but too many are time wasters who do not even believe in neutering animals before they are allowed out of PAWS... Why on earth are these people running an animal shelter when basic concepts about proper animal control //population management are beyond their comprehension. So we let these animals leave with any Tom Dick and Harry without being neutered, and they breed and PAWS gets more money from good people who bring in stray puppies... Figures

You are young you say... but your youth is actually an asset. PAWS needs young people to inject new ideas, new and up to date policies about humane care and management. And your youth is exactly what frightens the old lady and her pet vet.

(This post was edited by Cynhor on Mar 10, 2005, 9:14 AM)

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 10, 2005, 6:11 PM

Post #28 of 45 (2326 views)
Shortcut

thanks for advices & guidience, i learnt a lot from here.

it is not my youth who the old man & lady afraid of, is a group of youth...

well, we gotta write a formal thingy up to PAWS comittee

abt the registering of member thingy, i will really think abt it. will either find a 1 big sum of ppl to go for voting & win win or else we donwan to show our face at all. we donwan to let them to be aware of us, they will plan something like wat they did previously.

but through publicity, we are already start that war.

hope we will say (BYEBYE not hi!) to

Malaysia's Animal Humiliation Ambassador (MAHA)

Aunty Jahanam In Terrorist (AJIT)

the above name is only a proposed name for a society, if the name is somebody's name, it is just an coincident only...

Regards,

Yang

MisterStan
Doggyman

Mar 10, 2005, 10:44 PM

Post #29 of 45 (2298 views)
Shortcut

Morphware
Novice

Mar 11, 2005, 3:35 AM

Post #30 of 45 (2280 views)
Shortcut

About getting complaints acted upon – I understand earlier complaints to the previous PAWS Committee may have fallen on deaf ears but I have spoken with our new President, Dr Nadzariah Cheng, who says she would be very interested to hear about your experiences at PAWS and give serious attention to any complaints. (And anyone else who has concerns or suggestions).

She invites you to contact her directly on

PAWSfeedback

Please consider emailing her. PAWS is so badly in need of improvement and she is truly trying to get somewhere.

feipor
Novice

Mar 11, 2005, 3:52 AM

Post #31 of 45 (2276 views)
Shortcut

Hi Leecy,

allow me to make some name suggestion

MAHA-Malaysia Animal Hopeless Association

sounds familiar isnt it?

MOrpware.

keep up the good work. we are afraid our email will be unread. why not u compiled all those complaints u get and hand it to Dr Cheng? i m also not too sure whether she know how to open her email or not? hahahaha

feipor
Novice

Mar 11, 2005, 4:00 AM

Post #32 of 45 (2273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [feipor] The cost of adoption at PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

lets say my friend really do a report accusing maha of wrong doing.

so what will happen? it will become--either she will read or not--if she read, what would she do?

my guess is, she would say wait. we havent got enuf evidence. nobody videotape the thing. this is only accusation. she wont even dare to face dr maha let me tell u. she is a chicken lah. hahahahha'

already so many many scandals but yet she is keeping quite only, say want to hear complaints, hear for fun isit? there isnt any improvement to paws sadly, after she step in for 2 months. dr maha is still there. maha can be terminated purely on non competent ground, U dont need too many and so many excuses.

how to prove that he is imcompetent? its peanuts isnt it? just ask him to perform a open stomarch operation, not for spaying but for other operation. and UPM can send in a group of vet to witness how imcompetent maha is, isnt that enuf to sack him.

i find that paws, somehow must give many many excuses to retain MAHA. i just donno why.

u will be sure i wont bother to email dr Cheng. she is just looking for excuses not to ACT. she is justifying her inaction to maha and arjit by asking ppls to give feedback and suggestion.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 11, 2005, 6:40 AM

Post #33 of 45 (2258 views)
Shortcut

I was wondering... What can Dr. Cheng/current comittee do by reading the official letter/complaints? can u pls give me a clear image?

Dr. Cheng being the new president/new committee, what had she/they do so far? (Im asking, as i dont know)

What is the difference if we send an official letter or we dont?

she/current comitee can do extra if we send?

"earlier complaints to the previous PAWS Committee may have fallen on deaf ears but I have spoken with our new President, Dr Nadzariah Cheng, who says she would be very interested to hear about your experiences at PAWS and give serious attention to any complaints"

Is Dr. Cheng/current comitee know abt what is happening previously? if yes what she/they had done? y she/they cant sack Dr.Maha? anybody send the previous complains to her/them? if yes, what can she/they do? just like if i send an official letter? what can she/they do?

anyway, no harm i try email her & might send an official letter too. but i got a society to run also, whic i think is most important thing for me. My priority is to solve & improve my society which have more than 40 animals now. & this is the most efficient way (starting a new, clean society) to fight with devils in PAWS.

Regards,

Yang

j-wong
Dog Kichi

Mar 11, 2005, 7:49 AM

Post #34 of 45 (2252 views)
Shortcut

Hhhhmmm i got a suggestion, one of the ways to get a witness to the wrong doing's of this vet Maha....Is to bring a lawyer to see the thing's he has done....and later this lawyer can be a key witness to the thing's he has done........

Anyone know any lawyer's?

KarenLoke
Novice

Mar 11, 2005, 7:49 AM

Post #35 of 45 (2252 views)
Shortcut

I really fethup with u all animal rescue ppl! previously SPRV who stupidly pay that much for a pup. now PAWS?! more crazy!!!

hey u PAWS ppl hear. no need pretend u dont know anything in PAWS & try to ask from here ok?!

if u guys really worj inside for that long, suppose u all see a lot! y never seen u guys take action?!

cynchor! i dono who the h*ll u are but u r too timid! hiding behind, even dare not go face maha but ask ppl to face.

dont waste time here at PAWS or SPRV. they are juz wasting their time!!

puppy.com members oso. i dono y u all see dogs like ur mom's life. nobody understand me!! i thinkl alll of u juz talk only animal lovers.

ask urself!!! wat's ur different with me??!!!
SPRV = A group of ppl who have too many time, wasting their time, wasting other ppl's time. y rescue? there are just endless strays.

j-wong
Dog Kichi

Mar 11, 2005, 8:18 AM

Post #36 of 45 (2247 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KarenLoke] The cost of adoption at PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Lovely, polite,kind, smart, karen..........you lack of love or something???makin so much noise

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 4, 2005, 4:54 PM

Post #37 of 45 (2121 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] The cost of adoption at PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

do you have any idea of where is the MPPJ dog pound?

i lost my dog at Seksyen 5 last saturday.

or where do you think i could go to look for her?

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Tiggykoh
Dog Kichi

Apr 4, 2005, 8:23 PM

Post #38 of 45 (2105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] The cost of adoption at PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Amanda,

Go to the spca website www.spca.org.my, then choose "support us" from the tool bar, choose "lost and found". This should give you three addresses and maps to paws, setapak and puchong dog pounds.

Hope you find kinki!

no7
Novice

Apr 4, 2005, 9:46 PM

Post #39 of 45 (2093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KarenLoke] The cost of adoption at PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Be cool , be cool. You are not alone.

I understand your predicament. No7 was also bitten by a mad dog before and worse cos the pack of mad dogs will attact you at the same time.You being newbies and all alone here is very dangerous. dont worry too much for justice will prevail very soon.

He who walks with integrity
walks securely,
But he who perverts his ways
will become known.

Therefore, they shall eat the fruit of their own way, And be filled to the full with their own fancies.
So are the ways of everyone
who is greedy for gain;
It will takes away the life of its oweners.
Cheers.

FrownFrownFrown

Morphware
Novice

Apr 4, 2005, 11:56 PM

Post #40 of 45 (2079 views)
Shortcut
The cost of adoption at PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope you find your lost dog soon.

Please help PAWS by being a member and voting at the AGM, then you can make a difference to how animals are treated by ensuring the right people are voted in to make the changes that PAWS is long over due for.

http://www.geocities.com/avid_petlover/

no7
Novice

Apr 5, 2005, 3:06 AM

Post #41 of 45 (2066 views)
Shortcut

dear girl,
My heart sank when I hear the news. I read about you and your dogs in the magazine. Its a touching story indeed. You may not know me but I know you. I will pray that your dog will find you soon.
Recently my friend lost his dog during a thunderstorm. The dog was missing for almost two weeeks. But my friend never gave up. One fine day he just ronda round the housing estate not so near where the dog was lost , the dog follow his car and scratch the back of his car. My Gosh its was his lost dog

Maybe you could just do the same. Just a thought only. Good Luck dear.
Frown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 5, 2005, 6:16 PM

Post #42 of 45 (2034 views)
Shortcut
Re: [no7] The cost of adoption at PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

thanx alot.

i will give up looking for her

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 5, 2005, 8:10 PM

Post #43 of 45 (2027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tiggykoh] The cost of adoption at PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for ur information

Pacco de Mongrel

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 5, 2005, 8:13 PM

Post #44 of 45 (2022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Morphware] The cost of adoption at PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

will you be at PAWS quite oftenly since ur a volunteer.

plz do help me to keep an eye if by chance kinki will reach there.

Pacco de Mongrel

Morphware
Novice

Apr 5, 2005, 8:16 PM

Post #45 of 45 (2017 views)
Shortcut

Yes we are all looking out for her.Unimpressed

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my