Home: Behavioral Problems: Barking & Growling Problems:
how to teach dog barking

elley_84_17
New User

May 4, 2004, 8:47 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1261 views)
Shortcut
how to teach dog barking Can't Post

I got one problem which is to train my dog barking since i used to play with him during his childhood and he always sleeps inside the house. Now he is 17 months. He likes to play with human. That day got one thief robbed my house, he did not bark to show there was stranger went into my house. It makes my father angry with him.

Actually, he knows how to bark especially when i am holding the chicken and not let him to eat.

Plz help me!

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

May 4, 2004, 9:38 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1255 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elley_84_17] how to teach dog barking [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Sorry to hear that your house got robbed ... Crazy ... that's a real bummer ...

But it is a fallacy that all dogs will bark at strangers and intruders ... It is also a fallacy to think that all dogs make good guard or watch dogs ...

Very often it depends on the breed ... and on the individual dog ...

For example: We have a Labrador, and she welcomes everyone (strangers included) into the house - And that is not really her fault because Labradors were never bred to be watch or guard dogs ... And it would be very unfair to blame her for not "guarding or watching" the house ... It's simply not in her nature ...

Dogs are very much like people in that they each have their own personality and temperament (even within the same breed) ... And depending on how a dog is brought up and/or trained ... each dog will have different reaction to strangers. Even within the same breed, you will find much variation in temperament, in guarding and watch abilities ...

If your dog is by nature a friendly dog ... then I would (personally) not try and train your dog to be otherwise ...

If you wish to have a dog watch or guard your house ... you should (and its much easier to) start with the correct breed and provide it with proper training ...

Cheers

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my