First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 3, 2004, 8:55 PM

Post #1 of 94 (7648 views)
Shortcut
Medium size dog grooming. Can't Post

Hi,

Anyone have experience in grooming a border collie? Any information will be much appreciated.

Anyway any good grooming service to recommend for border collie?

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

chrisong
Doggyman

May 4, 2004, 4:05 AM

Post #2 of 94 (7643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Medium size dog grooming. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi !!!Wink

Wah now u got a border colie?Laugh Are u going to Ipoh show?

Regards,

Christopher

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 4, 2004, 2:26 PM

Post #3 of 94 (7637 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Medium size dog grooming. [In reply to] Can't Post

No lah Ipoh show sure die one. So don't want to go. Tongue hahahah........

So what about you. Are you going?

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

kesuke
Doggyman

May 4, 2004, 10:21 PM

Post #4 of 94 (7627 views)
Shortcut

wow you have a border collie? i would love to see his/her pix! Cool

as for grooming..border collie dosen't need much grooming coz their hair is supposed to be long. not sure about show grooming though.

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 5, 2004, 2:44 PM

Post #5 of 94 (7619 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] Medium size dog grooming. [In reply to] Can't Post

I will be uploading the pic soon. Once is up I will let you know Wink

This is the first time having a border collie. Have no experience of how to maintain its hair.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 5, 2004, 5:07 PM

Post #6 of 94 (7617 views)
Shortcut

wah connie! another dog? Shocked and this time a medium size one wor! what is the name of the border collie? Cool

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 5, 2004, 6:37 PM

Post #7 of 94 (7613 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Medium size dog grooming. [In reply to] Can't Post

Heheheheh................... Tongue

My new dog's name is magic. Will post the picture later. You can view when is up............. Cool

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

kesuke
Doggyman

May 5, 2004, 7:45 PM

Post #8 of 94 (7608 views)
Shortcut

thanks!!

wow...you have so many dogs!!!!!! and all small dogs...now you have a bigger dog..hehehe....Tongue

actually the main thing is what you feed the dog if you want it to have healthy hair..like your silky also has long hair right? just let the border collie's hair grow naturally...no trimming or cutting at all. just brush the hair a few times a week...is not hard to maintain.

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 5, 2004, 10:20 PM

Post #9 of 94 (7602 views)
Shortcut

Hope the bigger dog can take care of the smaller dog ........hahahaha Cool

I am feeding my dogs with california natural. It seems to be a good dog food. Now my female silky is still botak, lets hope when her hair is long I will know how good it is. It seems that golden retriever has almost the same coat as border collie. I hope her hair can grow long. Sly

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

nathalie
Doggyman

May 6, 2004, 12:40 AM

Post #10 of 94 (7596 views)
Shortcut

Smilewah..border collie?

not much grooming, juz make sure u comb her hair at least 3 times a week coz they are quite heavily coated unlike Silky terrier which does not have undercoat.

grooming would be juz bathing and properly drying her, trim her paw pads & nails...the hair wise u dun need to trim it unless u want it to be short or u want to trim it for a neater look Smile

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 6, 2004, 2:20 PM

Post #11 of 94 (7585 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] Medium size dog grooming. [In reply to] Can't Post

YEAH.......... Wink border collie. Is quite a nice dog. Is really a smart dog.

Thanks for your information. It seems that there should not be too much problem of taking care of her coat. Not sure how thick the coat are at the moment as she is still a puppy. Not too thick yet.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

kesuke
Doggyman

May 6, 2004, 8:54 PM

Post #12 of 94 (7577 views)
Shortcut

haha..you're not scared that your bigger dog will topple all over the smaller ones? hehehe...Laugh

in a way you can say that GR's coat is like the BC...except i think that BC has longer and thicker coats. how old is your magic? am still waiting for her pix...hehehe....Sly

nathalie
Doggyman

May 6, 2004, 10:26 PM

Post #13 of 94 (7574 views)
Shortcut

Smilethey are ranked the smartes dog in the world

anyway is your dog bred in Malysia? if yes then u don't have to woryy coz they'll have thinner coat. However if it's imported then u have to trim it or thin the fur every 2 months or else i'll be too thick to handle...avtually quite easy to care..imagine a huge pomeranian? that's how it'll look, only that the coat's not as coarse a a pomeranian's coat Tongue

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 7, 2004, 2:58 PM

Post #14 of 94 (7557 views)
Shortcut

No lah, so far magic doesn't really mix with them yet. She like to watch them play around in the house while she sits there..... Cool so obedient..........hahahahaha Tongue.

Magic is now 3 months old. Still quite small. Just bigger than my silky. I will post the pic as soon as possible.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 7, 2004, 3:19 PM

Post #15 of 94 (7556 views)
Shortcut

Hopefully she is smart Tongue.

Both of my dog's parents are from Australia. She is born in Malaysia tough. I think she will have thick coat. So far her coat is building up already. She is still young so I just let it grow first and the coat is also changing. She will definitely be a big pomeranian Cool

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

kesuke
Doggyman

May 7, 2004, 9:22 PM

Post #16 of 94 (7550 views)
Shortcut

ehhe...good thing that she's obedient...bet she's soooo cute!!! btw, what's her color?

how much did you bought her? just wanted to know the price of a border collie.

nathalie
Doggyman

May 7, 2004, 10:45 PM

Post #17 of 94 (7546 views)
Shortcut

she'll be don't worry Smile

in Pg there's a couple who has 7 BC. the parents are fully imported also but the pups born in M'sia but the coat is not as thick as the parents....the sire is really huge and has super thick coat..the pups just acquire half of the sire's coat. just be prapared fpr the shedding coz it's gonna shed a lot if it's heavy coated Smile

kesuke
Doggyman

May 10, 2004, 7:14 AM

Post #18 of 94 (7511 views)
Shortcut

eh wow 7 BCs? Shocked

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 11, 2004, 4:21 PM

Post #19 of 94 (7488 views)
Shortcut

Yeah she is very cute. Her is colour is black and white. I bought her for RM2800. I am not sure is that the market price or not. Tongue

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 11, 2004, 4:35 PM

Post #20 of 94 (7486 views)
Shortcut

So far the coat is not fully grown yet. Hopefully she doesn't shed too much. The hair seems to be getting quite thick for the body. The coat is also fluffy. Still not sure what she will be like. Smile

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

nathalie
Doggyman

May 12, 2004, 7:15 AM

Post #21 of 94 (7478 views)
Shortcut

the couple lives in Fettes Park with a 10 months old baby...imagine the baby playing in a circle of BC? and their one ACS? Wink

nathalie
Doggyman

May 12, 2004, 7:16 AM

Post #22 of 94 (7478 views)
Shortcut

Smile don't worry,

she/he'll just grow out to be a fine, obedinet lad..so it's worth the shedding & work u have to go thru Smile

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 12, 2004, 2:42 PM

Post #23 of 94 (7462 views)
Shortcut

Cool Lets see what she will turn out.............hahhahahaha. So far is still obedient. Lets hope my other dog won't not give bad influence. Tongue

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 12, 2004, 2:43 PM

Post #24 of 94 (7461 views)
Shortcut

Wah must be very nice. Introduce the owner of the BC to me. Maybe next time can use the male dog for stud......Wink

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 12, 2004, 2:46 PM

Post #25 of 94 (7460 views)
Shortcut

The pic of magic is up already. You can get it from the photo gallery.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my