Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
You are the one in reply to "Is my Puppy Deadly Sick??"

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 10, 2002, 8:31 PM

Post #1 of 10 (2730 views)
Shortcut
You are the one in reply to "Is my Puppy Deadly Sick??" Can't Post

I don't know about you, but I am completely, thoroughly and totally convinced your puppy DO NOT have any symptom of any ailments. The vet also shared my view and he had given your Billy a medical checkup.
Now is the time for you to take stock of what the vet had told you, and please don't frighten the daylight out of puppycom as we do not like to see a dead puppy on our computer screen..
Happy New Year and enjoy your holidays.
Your Billy is going to be fine as he has a clean bill of health as of Saturday 4.00PM. Don't over react and keep us posted. OK?

(This post was edited by Derrickok on Feb 10, 2002, 8:39 PM)

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Feb 10, 2002, 9:47 PM

Post #2 of 10 (2724 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] You are the one in reply to "Is my Puppy Deadly Sick??" [In reply to] Can't Post

so nothing wrong with doggie hair drop off?? is it just little bit of hair drop??

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 11, 2002, 12:47 AM

Post #3 of 10 (2723 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rainbow] You are the one in reply to "Is my Puppy Deadly Sick??" [In reply to] Can't Post

Prettycuter has a deep golden reddish mix of ?? 6months+ puppy. The coat is even longer than your Holli. The size is about the same.
As far as I am concerned, the puppy is in perfect condition. There was absolutely no sign of any ailments. Nevertheless, we brought Billy -that's the name of the dog of prettycuter- to the vet for a medical checkup just in case I missed anything. Old man's eyes can be deceiving you know.
The vet checked him over and found that Billy is suffering from nothing. He gave him a clean bill of health.
What is wrong with Billy, is that he is shedding heavily. Being a long-coat and at 6month+ hair is dropping off left right and centre, especially on the back towards the hips. We also discovered that Billy is a fussy eater. Eat what he likes to eat and leave alone those that are not tasty. The owner has to solve this problem.
So basically, this is the problem and I feel that Billy can never be dead from shedding and if he is hungary enough, let's see he eats or not!
That's all for now.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Feb 11, 2002, 8:12 AM

Post #4 of 10 (2720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] You are the one in reply to "Is my Puppy Deadly Sick??" [In reply to] Can't Post

that's good to hear..I also suspected that the hair was shedding..even Holli sheds lots of hair....but was a billy's condition was a bit exagerated..if I remember correctly, it was explained as dropping off in lumps?? But it's good to hear that nothing is wrong....So, good ole Derrick..another case closed!!

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 11, 2002, 8:19 AM

Post #5 of 10 (2719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rainbow] You are the one in reply to "Is my Puppy Deadly Sick??" [In reply to] Can't Post

not jet wait for further feedback loh.

prettycuter
Novice

Feb 16, 2002, 8:35 AM

Post #6 of 10 (2714 views)
Shortcut

Hie Deric....wah..no need to "chiong tong kai" one right?heheh...

Well, right now Billy is okie la...i'm even okie..can sleep better now...what to do..i don't have experience on puppy one mah.Billy is the first Puppy that i'd ever touch in my whole life.I mean he's the first la...then following...i got touched some others puppies also..like shih tzu....so plz...i'm looking for one shih tzu puppy.....plz..contact me..if you ever found one for me...

thanks in advance!!!Tongue

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 16, 2002, 4:17 PM

Post #7 of 10 (2712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prettycuter] You are the one in reply to "Is my Puppy Deadly Sick??" [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad to hear that Billy is OK.
Gong Xi Fa Cai. At least you are happy to know that there is nothing wrong with Billy
As for the hair coming off, I am afraid you will have to put up with it until he has completely changed his coat, Maybe another two.three weeks.
When I have come across a shih tzu puppy, one that is without pedigree and is cheap, I'll let you or Allen know.BTW, puppy dog or puppy bitch?
Hey, now that your Billy is OK, don't just disappear from this forum, please come back every now and then and say hello to us.
Regards.

prettycuter
Novice

Feb 17, 2002, 10:21 PM

Post #8 of 10 (2705 views)
Shortcut

Hello Uncle Deric...How do you do?Ihope that you read this in your pink of health.Hehe..so i hope Billy's shedding will done in this two weeks timeTongue.By the way, to do blood test at the vet will roughly cost how much?I think i wanna take Billy to do the test...what do you think?And as for the shih tzu thing...we actually prefer puppy "boy"..hehhe...or worst come to worst puppy "girl" also acceptable...okie?So,just contact Allen at his Hp okie?thank a lot......Gong Xi Fa Chai...Byebye

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 19, 2002, 5:10 PM

Post #9 of 10 (2698 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prettycuter] You are the one in reply to "Is my Puppy Deadly Sick??" [In reply to] Can't Post

"By the way, to do blood test at the vet will roughly cost how much?I think i wanna take Billy to do the test...what do you think?"
Prettycuter, you are real cute lah!
I tell you what, you wanted to have Billy's blood tested, Right?
IT IS FOC IF YOU CAN TELL ME THE REASONS & WHY?
I have to ask you this question, because I want you to learn so that everything and every treatment to give to your dog has a specific purpose. OK?

prettycuter
Novice

Feb 19, 2002, 5:27 PM

Post #10 of 10 (2697 views)
Shortcut

Don la...Uncle Deric...don laugh at me...you know i got not much experience ondog right..anyway,I planned to do blood is just to see if Billy got suffer from anything else.That's it......aiyah.....you think there's no need to do blood test is it?hehehhe.....don laugh at me again la okie...anyway,Billy still don eat much...how to push him to eat more?and the ticks thing...concern me more...then my another question would be,if i'm gonna feed billy with rice...bread...carrot....pork...what vitamins should i feef him after that so that he got the balance nutriens?thank you.....
---prettycuter---

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my