Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
How to Groom the Leg Pad

cris
Enthusiast

Apr 29, 2004, 5:42 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1795 views)
Shortcut
How to Groom the Leg Pad Can't Post

Can someone tell me how actually to groom the leg pad? I got the clipper but dont seem to be able to get anything done on the leg pad. The clipper i had is those small type which stated for ears and leg pad. Maybe arthur should be able to help me.....

Arthur, where are you????

May
Old Hand

Apr 29, 2004, 6:21 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1790 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cris] How to Groom the Leg Pad [In reply to] Can't Post

How much the clipper cost you? I thought of getting one too. Where do you get it from?

cris
Enthusiast

Apr 29, 2004, 7:09 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] How to Groom the Leg Pad [In reply to] Can't Post

the clippers ...i got two types. One is for the body. The other one is for leg pad and ear. The one for leg pad and ear, i got it from SS2 pet shop and they got different range of price for it. If not mistaken it is around M$300-M$400. As for the body one, the one i had is of brand Wahl which i think you can get from Petaling Street Pet shop. But this one is a bit noisey..unlike those good branded one that sold in puppy.com website. Its cheap and as long as it can cut the fur of my kids, it is fine for me.....smile.

May
Old Hand

Apr 29, 2004, 8:22 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1783 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the info.

Last time I saw a clipper (forgot the brand) for sale at RM299 at the petshop at Atria. Will check it out when I go there again.

thedogghouse
Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2004, 8:17 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1686 views)
Shortcut

is it necessary to get a clipper that so expensive? can i get those clippers like for human one. that one much more cheaper that the dog's clipper. usually i use scissors to cut the leg pad. you can cut more detail and neat. maybe u should try using scissors.

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 2, 2004, 6:41 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thedogghouse] How to Groom the Leg Pad [In reply to] Can't Post

You must use dog clipper for the dog. Human clipper doesn't work and it can't cut any hair from the dog.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

nathalie
Doggyman

Aug 6, 2004, 11:31 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thedogghouse] How to Groom the Leg Pad [In reply to] Can't Post

dun use a human clipper for doggies for the following reasons:

1) it'll cut the skin of the dogs

2) it'll be wornout in less than 3 months coz dog's hair is too fine for the clipper

3) tangles or matted hair will block the blades and resulting the blades to be blunt

3) th length for the blades number eg no 0 is too short and sharp for a dog and i cannot reach hard to reach area causing deep cuts or sometimes peel of the upper part of the skin.

Hence the human clipper is only for those who are experinced in it or else insist on a dog clipper

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my