Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Poll: Suggestion for POLL Topics:
Should Pet owners be made to attend compulsory Pet appreciation classes before they can obtain a license or buy a pet?

rasebastian

Apr 26, 2004, 9:26 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1460 views)
Shortcut
Should Pet owners be made to attend compulsory Pet appreciation classes before they can obtain a license or buy a pet? Can't Post

Over the weekend my family and I attended the pet carnival in Atria. I'm not sure if any of you were there as well...I do know there were lots of toy dogs there for the fashion show.

Anyway, the speakers spoke a lot about how responsible pet owning will actually help to create pet onwnership awareness as well as go a long way in helping to have more pet friendly public places. What mall and shop owners don't want is dogs and cats running around the place, making noice and generally being a nuisance to all. So speakers like Dr. Susanna Brida (a vet from Austria) as well as Mr. anthony Balan appealed to pet owners to educate themselves to become a responsible pet owner.

My questions:

1. should pet owners be made to attend compulsory pet appreciation classes before they can get a license?

2. should there be a strick code of ethics for local breeders to ensure dogs/cats are bred responsibly and should they be licensed so that no one who's got a male and a female dog become a 'breeder'?

3. should obidience classes or basic training be made mandatory for pet (esp dogs and cats) owners and their pets?

I believe when we prove that we are all responsible and educated pet owners more and more facilities will become pet friendly,as they are in many countries around the world.

What say you?
-------------------------------------------------------
Gurdian of furkids:
On Earth: Max
In Heaven: Mani (1991), Bonnie (1997), Musso (1999), Brunno (2003), Shadow (2010), Rover (2011)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Apr 26, 2004, 9:41 PM

Post #2 of 9 (1456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rasebastian] Should Pet owners be made to attend compulsory Pet appreciation classes before they can obtain a license or buy a pet? [In reply to] Can't Post

hmmm.... i like ur post. my answer is YES !!! YES !!! YES !!!

cheers,
minglmy

melissa
ALPHA

Apr 28, 2004, 10:22 PM

Post #3 of 9 (1445 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rasebastian] Should Pet owners be made to attend compulsory Pet appreciation classes before they can obtain a license or buy a pet? [In reply to] Can't Post

Me too Laugh, the answers are YES, YES, and YES!!

Click here to join Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

My three furkids ^_^ Gigi, Cherry & Belle ^_^

rasebastian

Apr 29, 2004, 5:43 PM

Post #4 of 9 (1438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melissa] Should Pet owners be made to attend compulsory Pet appreciation classes before they can obtain a license or buy a pet? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dissappointed.....I expected more replies from the dog lovers, Frown
Gurdian of furkids:
In Heaven: Mani (1991), Bonnie (1997), Musso (1999), Brunno (2003), Shadow (2010), Rover (2011)

Khoobg
Webmaster

Apr 29, 2004, 5:55 PM

Post #5 of 9 (1437 views)
Shortcut

The Canine Good Citizen program is a short and simple programme that normally last for 10 weeks that is good enough to educate dog lovers on basic responsibility of dog ownership.

Read this URL for more
http://www.akc.org/love/cgc/index.cfm

At present, many dog lovers attended the CGC program organized by MKA out of their own initiative.

If the relevent authorities can make it a requirement to be met before issuing a license, then it will a good thing for ALL, Dog Lovers and Non Dog Lovers.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

kesuke
Doggyman

May 4, 2004, 10:13 PM

Post #6 of 9 (1422 views)
Shortcut

you got my support. yes to all 3 questions. Cool

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

mochacappucino
Enthusiast

Jun 18, 2004, 12:46 AM

Post #7 of 9 (1275 views)
Shortcut

My answer is yes to all 3 questions.

However, will this move shy away people from actually obtaining licenses? Unless you are only referring to MKA registrations. Are you?

Regards,
~!@Mocha@!~

Come to the Chit Chat Thread with MochaCappucino @ the Chit Chat Section !
Or come join the Klang Division Thread !

rasebastian

Jun 18, 2004, 1:06 AM

Post #8 of 9 (1273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mochacappucino] Should Pet owners be made to attend compulsory Pet appreciation classes before they can obtain a license or buy a pet? [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually I was referring to all dog owners. If they don't get a license, well they stand a chance of loosing their dogs as well.
Gurdian of furkids:

goldilock
Enthusiast

Aug 22, 2004, 5:58 PM

Post #9 of 9 (1187 views)
Shortcut

most probably is yes to all question

it'll benifit for both dog owner and your pet

`*:·.Gö|d!lôck§.·:*´

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my