IN

Home: Poll: Suggestion for POLL Topics:
Malaysian Laws for Animal Welfare and Protection

rasebastian

Apr 26, 2004, 9:15 PM

Post #1 of 2 (831 views)
Shortcut
Malaysian Laws for Animal Welfare and Protection Can't Post

After reading the recent news articles and posts on cruelty to animals, esp dogs. I'm wondering if there are enough laws and level of punishment for cruelty to animals, in our country. Are bodies like SPCA and PAWS doing enough to educate pet owners bringing enough public awareness to cruelty commited againts animals in our country? Are they also working with th authorities to ensure there are stringent laws and punishment that will deter cruelty to animals, inlcuding indescriminate breedings (i.e. breeding pets e.sp dog with known gene problems, e.g HD).

As pet lovers, what should and can we do? I'd love to hear from all of you.

Thanks.
-------------------------------------------------------
Gurdian of furkids:
On Earth: Max
In Heaven: Mani (1991), Bonnie (1997), Musso (1999), Brunno (2003), Shadow (2010), Rover (2011)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Apr 26, 2004, 9:40 PM

Post #2 of 2 (826 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rasebastian] Malaysian Laws for Animal Welfare and Protection [In reply to] Can't Post

don't really see any laws being implemented even if there is any. SPCA can only take measure on those extreme cases but what abt those that is being kick, hit, thrown daily by the owner but otherwise was treated ok by the owner like gave them food, wash and proper care ? no one can take any action against those bully/abuser rite.

cheers,
minglmy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my