peeing at sleep

xbgoh
New User

Apr 20, 2004, 11:26 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1355 views)
Shortcut
peeing at sleep Can't Post

Hi All,

I kept a girl Labrador for almost 3 months now, she is of age around 5 months and from the second day she lived with me, I have got a really serious problem of her peeing problem, will pee (leak_out?) when she aslept. She will wet herself very badly with all her urine. Poor me here have to use wet clothes to clean it many times a day, and now, everyday must give her a bath(without shampoo). I have asked the man where i got her from and been told that puppy might get this peeing problem but when she grown up it will automatically disappear.

What i really concerned is that, does this peeing problem might somewhat signal a health deficiency of a dog or like most will say:ar.. it's it's temperament, no problem when it grew up... what i really afraid is :what if a year later she still have this problem and couldn't improve?

Other from this serious problem she is healthy and clever and playful and active like most Labrador.

Anybody out there have a good view on this?

POor man here with a wet queen. :(

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 24, 2004, 10:56 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1341 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xbgoh] peeing at sleep [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Sometimes young dogs do suffer from incontinence ... and they grow out of the habit as their bladder control improves ...

But it can also be a medical issue ...

Check these threads for more information:

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=128873;search_string=incontinence;#128873

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=79893;search_string=incontinence;#79893

It would be a good idea to take your dog to a vet for a check up and to make sure she has no bladder infection or such.

Cheers Smile

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Apr 24, 2004, 11:02 AM)

xyne
Doggyman

Jun 15, 2004, 6:25 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xbgoh] peeing at sleep [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there..

hope your peeing prob has gone away.. roxy has peed in her sleep once.. it was quite funny.. harvey did tat too as a puppy once.. looked like a fountain.. LaughLaugh.,... but it just went away after that.. we encourage them to pee before and after they nap.. so i guess emtpying the bladder helps curb the prob a little too.. Smile

hmm.. how i wish i got the fountain thing on video.. kekeee.LaughLaugh

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my