Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Show and Championship:
Points System...

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Feb 8, 2002, 11:13 PM

Post #1 of 16 (3905 views)
Shortcut
Points System... Can't Post

Can someone please explain to me the points system for dog showing?? thankies Smile

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 9, 2002, 6:37 PM

Post #2 of 16 (3900 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rainbow] Points System... [In reply to] Can't Post

Twonsand apologees, soo besi chat chat chat lastnite totoly forgetten about tis.
Bepor you ask sum more questons. I gave you fool the tails.
Definition of Classes offered at ABC(All Breed Championship) dog shows.
"The word DOG where applicable also include Bitches"
Minor Puppy: 3 and not exceeding 6 calender months of age on the day of the show.
Puppy: 6months and not exceeding 12 calender months of age on the day of the show.
Junior: Above 12 and not exceeding 24 calendar months of age on day of the show.
Maiden: Dogs which has never won a 1st prize at any Shows.
Veteran: Dogs above 5 years of age on the day of the show.
Open: All dogs are legible.
Mal Bred: Open to all dogs conceived and whelped in Malaysia.

Prizes will be award as follows:
Less than 5 exhibits in the ring 1st & 2nd only. 5 to 8 exhibitors 1 2 3. 8 or more exhibitors 1 2 3 & VHC

Challenge Certificates(C.C.) & Champion dogs - The title 'Malaysian Champion' may be awarded to dogs that have accumulated 36 points at MKA Championship Dog Shows.
C.C. Award = 12 points
Res.C.C. = 4 points.
VHC placing = 2 points.

To be a Grand Champion, a dog requires 150 points and it must either placed once 1st in Best in Group
or twice 2nd in Best in Group, or Once in Best in Show or Res.Best in Show.

Still wanna sow ah?
We sow dogs & go all over dar kantree are gila.Crazy

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Feb 9, 2002, 7:27 PM

Post #3 of 16 (3897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Points System... [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL..tis I know..sow people are gila...post oso english one kind..

kenghume
Novice

Aug 25, 2002, 8:04 PM

Post #4 of 16 (3871 views)
Shortcut

Excuse me, sorry for bothering you, i have some inquiry. what you mean for placing is that for each group? if yes, how many points a dog can win as 1 2 3 placing? How does a minor puppy group show go on? Will they still get CC or RCC? Thank you for answering!

mackay_low

Sep 1, 2002, 11:59 PM

Post #5 of 16 (3842 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kenghume] Points System... [In reply to] Can't Post

What Derrick means what when there is a certain number of dog in a class, then there will be a certain number of winners. Eg. When 5 Goldens is in the puppy class, then, the judge will place 1st prize, 2nd and third prize. If 3 exhbits, the judge will place 1st and 2nd only. The judge have the right to witheld any 1st prizes and CC. There is no points awarded when you win 1st, 2nd or 3rd in class. To be a champion, you need 36 Championship points, which can only be collected by winning (a) CC-12 pts, (b) RCC-4 pts and (c) R-up with only 2 pts. Points for DOg of the year, and Toy of the year is accumulated by winning Best In Group (15 pts) or Reserve Best In Group (10pts). Winning BIS will gain another 60 pts, and Reserve Best In Show will gain another 35 pts. Mal. Bred Dog of the year is accumulated is another different manner.

Mackay

luckey
ALPHA

Sep 30, 2002, 2:55 AM

Post #6 of 16 (3805 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackay_low] Points System... [In reply to] Can't Post

Are Golden Retrievers and Cocker Spaniels in the same GROUP?

I read somewhere they are both in the gun dog group, so would they compete against each other for Best in Group?

Just wondering coz the cocker is quite a bit smaller than the golden...

mackay_low

Sep 30, 2002, 3:06 AM

Post #7 of 16 (3803 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Points System... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, they are.

Mackay

luckey
ALPHA

Sep 30, 2002, 3:28 AM

Post #8 of 16 (3801 views)
Shortcut

Thanks. Hey, are the judges biased towards goldens? I notice there are a lot more goldens around than cockers at these MKA do's... also, how to judge closest to breed ideal when the diff. dogs are so different?

Khoobg
Webmaster

Oct 2, 2002, 9:57 AM

Post #9 of 16 (3790 views)
Shortcut

While the dog that compete in Best in Group may be so different, the Judge will see which dog conform to the its own breed standard most. The showmanship of the dog will also be taken into consideration.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

luckey
ALPHA

Oct 3, 2002, 3:06 AM

Post #10 of 16 (3777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Points System... [In reply to] Can't Post

How did you train your dog to stand still for the judge in that elegant fashion? I've been trying to get my pup Luckey to try, but she hates me touching her tail and when i do, she sits down immediately on my hand.

Was hoping to learn some of that from the courses at the padang, but apparently those are obedience courses and not really show prep courses...

CasperSkywalker

Oct 3, 2003, 12:02 AM

Post #11 of 16 (3643 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
What Derrick means what when there is a certain number of dog in a class, then there will be a certain number of winners. Eg. When 5 Goldens is in the puppy class, then, the judge will place 1st prize, 2nd and third prize. If 3 exhbits, the judge will place 1st and 2nd only. The judge have the right to witheld any 1st prizes and CC. There is no points awarded when you win 1st, 2nd or 3rd in class. To be a champion, you need 36 Championship points, which can only be collected by winning (a) CC-12 pts, (b) RCC-4 pts and (c) R-up with only 2 pts. Points for DOg of the year, and Toy of the year is accumulated by winning Best In Group (15 pts) or Reserve Best In Group (10pts). Winning BIS will gain another 60 pts, and Reserve Best In Show will gain another 35 pts. Mal. Bred Dog of the year is accumulated is another different manner.

Mackay

So how to win a CC ? Wink

mackay_low

Oct 3, 2003, 3:51 AM

Post #12 of 16 (3636 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CasperSkywalker] Points System... [In reply to] Can't Post

CC is awarded when a judge thinks a specific specimen (Exhibit or dog) is qualified or deserved the title of champion. To win a CC, a dog needs to be entered at an All breed championship show or breed show (if applicable) organised by MKA. Minimum age to qualify to win a CC is 6 months and above, and enter in either one or as many as you can, of the classes offered. At normal championship shows, classes offered are Puppy (6 months to 12 months), Junior (12 months to 24 months), Maiden (dogs never won 1st prize), Veteran (5 years and above), Open (open to all dogs above 6 months) and/or Mal. Bred (dogs bred in Malaysia). All dogs that won 1st in any of the above classes will compete for CC. In other words, unbeaten dogs in all classes listed above will enter the CC line up and the best dog there will be picked and be awarded CC. If your dog enter 2 or more classes, you will have a risk of your dog being beaten again, so lots of people will only enter their dog in ONE class. Lets say your puppy is 10 months old, entered in puppy class, and also Mal. Bred class. There is only 1 entry in puppy class and 4 entries in mal. bred including yours. You will get a red ribbon from puppy class, and you will enter the ring again for mal bred class, and if a judge put you 2nd or 3rd.... you don't even have a chance to enter the CC line up to compete for CC.

Mackay

CasperSkywalker

Oct 3, 2003, 4:57 AM

Post #13 of 16 (3631 views)
Shortcut

now i understand ...thanks alot !

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Nov 7, 2003, 8:20 AM

Post #14 of 16 (3576 views)
Shortcut

hi derrick,

just curious ya..how do we know how many points our dog collected? do we have to remember it or Mka will notify when we have enough points to become champion or grand champion? aand also is there any place tht i can take my pup to trained her for the show?? i mean any professional guidance or claasses available to guide? im new in dog showing therefore am thinking of trying it out with my little pup...she's only 8 weeks now...pls adviceSmile
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

lulugurl
ALPHA

Nov 10, 2003, 8:23 AM

Post #15 of 16 (3556 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] Points System... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello

if u get 1 CC = 12 points, 1 RCC = 4 points, u have to collect 36 points to be a Mal Ch. Everytime u get a cc or rcc, u will get a certificate. Smile erm, i think most of us dont actually attend classes for show but we learn thru trials and error when we enter for shows Wink
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

doodle
ALPHA

Nov 25, 2003, 11:26 PM

Post #16 of 16 (3514 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] Points System... [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there...
doodle manage to get a yellow ribbon in the previous show...
how do we get the cert?
thank u!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my