Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
PLS HELP!!

tan_ling
Dog Kichi

Apr 19, 2004, 7:49 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1921 views)
Shortcut
PLS HELP!! Can't Post

Frownmy dog skin seem got red spot ..about 1 month already...i have seen doctor but doctor say nothing wrong just give pills and cream..but the conditon still the same...this moorning i saw the back of the tail he bite until redness and his paws always itchy too he also lick and bite...i stay in johor..n batu pahat here only got 2 doctor...they seem not care..got any other method to help my dog?/i feed my dog eat chicken & rice..now i trying to change lamb & rice...hope got improvement//FrownUnsure

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 19, 2004, 9:12 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tan_ling] PLS HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Please try not to post the same issue in different threads ... that will confuse forum members (and perhaps yourself) ... It's very hard keeping track of your issues, if they appear all over the forum ... And makes for difficult follow-up.

Start with one post ... for example this one ... "Red Spot" ... keep to this thread, and if you find a need - follow up in this thread ... until you are happy with the situation ... Smile

Just a few questions:

(A) If I remember correctly, in reply to your other post - I suggested that you give your dog a good bath/shower with a medicated shampoo ... have you tried that yet? *** If you have used a medicated shampoo ... What is the name of the shampoo you used? What are the ingredients (check the label)?

(B) When did your dog last see the vet?

(C) Did the vet closely examination or run tests on the red spot? ... Like for example, did the vet take a skin scraping and examine it under a microscope?

(D) What medication did the vet prescribe? Antibiotics? Steroid cream? *** If you are not sure, call the vet and find out.

(E) How often or frequently does your puppy itch? Where did you get your puppy from? Petshop? Breeder? Friend?

Will wait to hear from you ...

Cheers Smile

tan_ling
Dog Kichi

Apr 19, 2004, 10:42 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] PLS HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi ...

Please try not to post the same issue in different threads ... that will confuse forum members (and perhaps yourself) ... It's very hard keeping track of your issues, if they appear all over the forum ... And makes for difficult follow-up.

Start with one post ... for example this one ... "Red Spot" ... keep to this thread, and if you find a need - follow up in this thread ... until you are happy with the situation ... Smile

Just a few questions:

(A) If I remember correctly, in reply to your other post - I suggested that you give your dog a good bath/shower with a medicated shampoo ... have you tried that yet? *** If you have used a medicated shampoo ... What is the name of the shampoo you used? What are the ingredients (check the label)?
i use the pet shop recomemded 1 is called virbac...is anti fungal and anti dandruff...
(B) When did your dog last see the vet?
last 3 week..
(C) Did the vet closely examination or run tests on the red spot? ... Like for example, did the vet take a skin scraping and examine it under a microscope?
the vet didn't run any test he only see and hen give me the pills and medic only...
(D) What medication did the vet prescribe? Antibiotics? Steroid cream? *** If you are not sure, call the vet and find out.
tes is antibiotics and cream prevent itch
(E) How often or frequently does your puppy itch? Where did you get your puppy from? Petshop? Breeder? Friend?
my dog always itch...he been sheeding a lot..the hair look thin already...i bought from breeder. i afraid is mange...how mange look like??
Will wait to hear from you ...

Cheers Smile

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 19, 2004, 11:27 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tan_ling] PLS HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

(a) Virbac ... Vibrac is a pretty good brand, and they do a whole range of shampoos ... I suspect you are using Sebolytic ... or Sebolux ... But this shampoo will only help if its a fungal/yeast infection ... it will not help much if it's a mange infection.

(b) Vet, antibiotic & cream ... It can be difficult to without doing a scraping test, to distinguish between a fungal/yeast infection from Dermodectic Mange infection.

Dermodectic Mange (Dermo Mange) is a particular type of mange infection that is a pretty common problem amoung pups who have not been bred by responsible breeders or pups purchased from petshops.

If your dog has Dermo Mange infection, then the antibiotics and cream may only help with the secondary symptoms and may not remove the Dermo infection.

Dermo Mange is characterised by scratching, hair loss and redness of skin ...

www.lbah.com/Canine/demodex.htm

www.canismajor.com/dog/mange1.html

I suggest you do some research on the different types of mange on the internet and a search in the forum threads. The issue of Dermo Mange has been much discussed, and plenty of suggestions provided.

I will also suggest that you raise the possibility of Dermo Mange with your vet ...

Cheers Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my