Home: Breed Specific: Gundog Group:
Golden Retriever

junkgirl
Dog Kichi

Apr 15, 2004, 3:52 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1302 views)
Shortcut
Golden Retriever Can't Post

I have a question for the Golden Retriever owners.....do these dogs require a lot of exercise. I read that they should go for daily walks for about 30mins to 1 hour. What sort of exercise do you guys give your goldens? How about grooming? Do you brush them weekly?
JunkGirl
- Dogs R For Life -

boon
Doggyman

Apr 15, 2004, 4:44 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1299 views)
Shortcut
Re: [junkgirl] Golden Retriever [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

oh yeah....i walk my Belle twice a day, morning and night.........about 20 to 30 minutes per walk normally........exercise level i would say moderate if u compare to a lab...........slow walk to built up the stamina and slowly jog with them is good.......

Grooming ?hahhahahhahah.....u new few towel to properly dry them up after shower and a hair blower to blow them dry.....for hair cut..the important part is the golden ears and the tail......the rest are pretty simple and fast..........

am not good in grooming....KBS is the one u should look for in GR, she has a GR call Skye, a very 'leng chai' male golden retriever............

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

junkgirl
Dog Kichi

Apr 15, 2004, 8:40 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Golden Retriever [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Boon,

So is Belle a Lab? Is Belle hard to maintain? From your pic, she seems very dignified...u must be proud of her?
JunkGirl
- Dogs R For Life -

boon
Doggyman

Apr 15, 2004, 9:03 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1295 views)
Shortcut

Belle is a GR bitch, the one in my avatar is Bonney, my lab.

yeah GR clearly need to spend more time to keep them clean and look fresh......

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

yenlai

Apr 16, 2004, 6:49 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1289 views)
Shortcut

hi, GR needs daily exercise...as for me, i walk with my GR 3 times a day...each time takes around 10 min. besides, brushing is good for them..it's a kind of massage for them...they love it!!

junkgirl
Dog Kichi

Apr 16, 2004, 2:58 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1286 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yenlai] Golden Retriever [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Yenlai,

The pic of ur GR is so cuddly. Is it a boy or girl? How old is it now? Hmm...i know that GRs are active dogs and needs plenty of exercise that why i m holding back on getting one cos i won't be able to bring it for daily walks due to work. It'll not be good for them to just run around limited space in the garden. Maybe when i retire i can get 1 or 2 and bring them to parks or walks everyday. Oh well...i'll just have to find another breed that needs less exercise.

Thanks anyway.
JunkGirl
- Dogs R For Life -

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my