Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Soft Stool

j_ove2

Apr 12, 2004, 8:02 PM

Post #1 of 5 (526 views)
Shortcut
Soft Stool Can't Post

hi all,
my little jerrie was down with mange. so we changed his diet too California Natural Lamb n Rice. evern since then, his stool became soft. (like cream) . at the same time, he's oso teething. but the soft stool prob has been about 2-3 weeks. this morning i realise there's a jelly like thing in his poo. i did ask the petshop where i bot the CA NAt, they told me to feel him less, but i'm onli feeding him 100g perday.
any ideas?

Cheers!
jaclyn n jerrie

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 12, 2004, 8:50 PM

Post #2 of 5 (521 views)
Shortcut
Re: [j_ove2, Riccaval, arthur] Soft Stool [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Assume Jerrie is the sweet little dog in your avatar ... and is about 4 or 5 months old ...

Some things to consider:

(A) If the soft poop is caused by overfeeding, then reducing the amount of food may be correct ... But only if you are overfeeding in the first place.

(B) But if you are already feeding minimal amount, then it may not be correct to keep on reducing the amount of food, especially if the dog is still a puppy and growing ...

Well ... poor Jerrie has several things to contend ... (i) the mange (and medication for mange) ... (ii) teething ... and (iii) the change in food ... Any or all of which can account for or contribute to having soft poop ...

NaturaPet produces CalNatural ... and here is their guide to how much to feed your dog:

www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=profile-wiz

But I think you should post Riccaval or Arthur (forum members) for advice ... they are both experienced with small breeds.

Cheers Smile

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Apr 12, 2004, 8:54 PM)

j_ove2

Apr 13, 2004, 6:54 PM

Post #3 of 5 (513 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Soft Stool [In reply to] Can't Post

hi hi,
thanks for the opinion. i personally oso doubt that.
n yes that's jerrie in my avatar. just changed it last week. anyway, how do i post to Riccaval or Arthur? hehe still blur in using this forum.Blush

Cheers!
jaclyn n jerrie

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 13, 2004, 7:41 PM

Post #4 of 5 (510 views)
Shortcut
Re: [j_ove2, Riccaval, arthur] Soft Stool [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

If you look at my posting above, at the place marked "Subject" ... you will notice that I have already posted Riccaval and arthur for you ... Smile ...

Basically, to specifically post a forum member ... you can do as follows:

(A) Click the "Post Reply" icon on a posting made by that particular member, and post your message.

(B) Alternatively, when you are typing a post ... add the member's forum handle/nicknames into Subject: [... ].

And the member will get a message that you are trying to post him/her ... and most times, they will respond and make reply.

Cheers Smile

j_ove2

Apr 13, 2004, 7:45 PM

Post #5 of 5 (509 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Soft Stool [In reply to] Can't Post

ohh ok ..thanks a lot

Cheers!
jaclyn n jerrie

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my