Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Mixed Breed: Mixed Breed and Mongrels:
Can an owner of a mixed breed/mongrel register with the MKA?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

mk_sara84
Dog Kichi

Apr 11, 2004, 12:29 AM

Post #1 of 42 (7073 views)
Shortcut
Can an owner of a mixed breed/mongrel register with the MKA? Can't Post

I just wanted to know if owners with mixed breed or mongrel dogs and puppies register with MKA.

Sara

mk_sara84
Dog Kichi

Apr 14, 2004, 5:14 AM

Post #2 of 42 (7055 views)
Shortcut
Can an owner of a mixed breed/mongrel register with the MKA? [In reply to] Can't Post

Since there are people reading this thread i just wanted to let ppl know that mixed/mogrels can't register with MKA but their owners can.The payment in RM100 for registration(one time) + yearly fee.Once you have registerd you can send your dogs to obedience/behaviour class for RM120 per dog.Hope this post helped someone.

shlee
Doggyman

Apr 15, 2004, 2:38 AM

Post #3 of 42 (7049 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mk_sara84] Can an owner of a mixed breed/mongrel register with the MKA? [In reply to] Can't Post

So, did u register urself already? Thanks for your update. I also only realise it now Smile

*****Pls help to look for my MiMi (refer to my avatar for her pic)*****
*****MiMi, where are you now? I miss you.....*****

mk_sara84
Dog Kichi

Apr 15, 2004, 5:40 AM

Post #4 of 42 (7045 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shlee] Can an owner of a mixed breed/mongrel register with the MKA? [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't registered yet Frown, but as soon as my boyfriend finishes his exams we will.You should consider enroling your furkids.It would be benefitial for you and for them.Smile

shlee
Doggyman

Apr 15, 2004, 4:46 PM

Post #5 of 42 (7041 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mk_sara84] Can an owner of a mixed breed/mongrel register with the MKA? [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't register.....all of my dog is mongrel too Tongue

Btw, where is office of MKA ah? I also know nothing about it.

mk_sara84
Dog Kichi

Apr 16, 2004, 6:11 AM

Post #6 of 42 (7036 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shlee] Can an owner of a mixed breed/mongrel register with the MKA? [In reply to] Can't Post

Acording to they guy my boyfriend talked to owners of mongrels can register it's just thier dogs that can't because they aren't pedegree dogs.

Their office is located at

8A Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad Dua
Taman Tun Dr. Ismail
60000 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

Phone: 603 7729 2027
you can also check out their website at .

shlee
Doggyman

Apr 16, 2004, 10:52 PM

Post #7 of 42 (7032 views)
Shortcut

Why they tend to bias to mongrel doggie? Unsure

mk_sara84
Dog Kichi

Apr 17, 2004, 1:18 AM

Post #8 of 42 (7029 views)
Shortcut

Yeah thats trueUnsure.I wish i was rich then i could set up a dog association for mix-breed and mongrel dogs.With shows and obedience classes.I think that there shouldn't be any prejudise in anything.Nobody animal or human ask to be the way they are.God made them that way.And besides some mongrel/mixed dogs are cuter thatn even teh best pure breed dogs.Smile

shlee
Doggyman

Apr 17, 2004, 1:55 AM

Post #9 of 42 (7026 views)
Shortcut

For me, all the dogs is the same regardless what breed they are. Mongrel dog could be very cute and pretty too. I agreed with u, if i could, i would like to fight the right for mongrel doggie! Smile

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 18, 2004, 8:24 PM

Post #10 of 42 (7019 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mk_sara84, shlee] Can an owner of a mixed breed/mongrel register with the MKA? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Don't worry about not being able to register your mix breed with the ... Smile ... registration at MKA is only for purposes of keeping record of bloodlines ...

Other than dog conformation shows, mix breeds can participate in all other activities ... such as OB ... agility ... etc ...

Cheers Smile

mk_sara84
Dog Kichi

Apr 19, 2004, 5:35 AM

Post #11 of 42 (7014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Can an owner of a mixed breed/mongrel register with the MKA? [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you an MKA member?where did you get the info.Thanks though!! Smile

I just got the form today my boyfriend will be filling it in.By next week my babies will be registered for puppy kindergarten.I can't wait.

My bf and i are still brainstorming on how to creat a mongrel or mixedbreed association.Not really to rebel against MKA or anything but it would be nice to have gatherings and stuff like that.Wink

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 19, 2004, 6:55 AM

Post #12 of 42 (7009 views)
Shortcut

If you are prepared to spend the effort and time required to organise ... there is nothing to stop you from setting up an organisation for mix-breeds ...

All the best Smile

mk_sara84
Dog Kichi

Apr 19, 2004, 10:55 PM

Post #13 of 42 (7001 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Can an owner of a mixed breed/mongrel register with the MKA? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah i really hope i can set spmthing up one day.I'm planning to take veterinary medicine soon so i hope once i have become a vet it'll be easier for me and i'll also know a lot of ppl.

Do you think if i can get enough ppl interested they would be willing to help out in the organisation of the "mix club"?Wink

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 19, 2004, 11:08 PM

Post #14 of 42 (7000 views)
Shortcut

Are they enough people interested? ... Hmmm ... you can try putting up a post in this forum and see what kind of response you get ... Smile ...

absolute
Novice

Apr 22, 2004, 11:22 AM

Post #15 of 42 (6991 views)
Shortcut

I think they dont allow this because people dunno much about the breed after mixing. Only "pure" dogs can register with the because they've already know something about one's breed. :) Just what i think la.

mk_sara84
Dog Kichi

Apr 23, 2004, 9:48 AM

Post #16 of 42 (6985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [absolute] Can an owner of a mixed breed/mongrel register with the MKA? [In reply to] Can't Post

I suppose you're right.But i still think i want to set up a mixed club so that ppl can get together and maybe show their doggies then maybe we might run into ppl with te exact same looking dog as us...hihihih that would be sooooo cute...do you own "pure bred" or mixed dogs?

i think after i finish my studies im deffinately gonna do that, start a mixed club.....

-

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 7, 2004, 8:47 PM

Post #17 of 42 (6955 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I hope your dream will come true. I am sure there are many people oout there that have mix breed and will like to have club of their own. All dogs are the same. Wink

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

clangan
K9 Maniac

May 16, 2004, 1:43 AM

Post #18 of 42 (6873 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Can an owner of a mixed breed/mongrel register with the MKA? [In reply to] Can't Post

To set up a registration body? Hmmmm, maybe puppy.com bosses can pool resources and start a registration body for mixed breed? That will be nice right??

GAN WY

mafia
Canine Addict

May 25, 2004, 8:00 PM

Post #19 of 42 (6758 views)
Shortcut

I'm in for it...

let me know!

This message is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly pang-tang persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or sexual religious beliefs.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

mk_sara84
Dog Kichi

May 27, 2004, 9:51 PM

Post #20 of 42 (6693 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] Can an owner of a mixed breed/mongrel register with the MKA? [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like there's a lot of support going on.I really hope we can get this club going i'm all for it since i am a mongrel myself (malay-british mix). Maybe we could start the thing as just a "fill in a form and be a memeber and have get together thiny" what do you think?. If i were to e-mail to you the form would you be willing to mail the form back to me?.Mean while i could find out how we can make the Mixed/Mongrel Breed Association (MMBA)[any ideas for a better name let me know Tongue] a legally registered thing like MKA.The thing is once it's legal would everyone be willing to pay fees like the fees you need to pay for joining MKA?.We need this kind of feed back before we start anything serious.We also need to know if people owning mongrel dogs are willing to join.Please send me any feed back that you all have.if possible ask friends and family for their fee back too.I really hope we can make this dream a reality.

regards,

sara

-

gillian923
K9 Kaki

May 28, 2004, 7:07 PM

Post #21 of 42 (6682 views)
Shortcut

hey sara,

I didnt receive ur email regarding on the admission on posting vet info thru net..so can u email me to this email add

gillian923@doramail.com

Beside, i will happy to c ur initiative to organise a mix breed assosiation....i'm fully support. For me, watever breed of doggies also a nice doggie and we cant "dog discrimination". Then, we should ask ourself whether we agree on those ppl who r mix r excellent then pure...? in term of pretty, quality and smart....they normally better then those pure human...so in my mind i will think that mix breed absord their advantages or best thing of their parent. So, it is actually better then other rite???

mk_sara84
Dog Kichi

Jun 15, 2004, 9:00 AM

Post #22 of 42 (6471 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gillian923] Can an owner of a mixed breed/mongrel register with the MKA? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi sorry for the late reply been having exams...i'll email you the info today!Thank you for your support now that i have finished my exams i'll have a bit more time to research the setting up af the mix breed club Tongue.

take care.

-

mk_sara84
Dog Kichi

Jun 28, 2004, 2:38 PM

Post #23 of 42 (6387 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gillian923] Can an owner of a mixed breed/mongrel register with the MKA? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

Did you recieve my email?? i hope you did have you been able to aproach any pet stores and vets? I hope you have!please let me know.Will you be going to UPM this weekend??I heard there's an open day with a lot of activities and even free check uo for our pets.There is also an event going on at Ikano power centre the 1st shopping mall in malaysia that allows pets inside.They will be celebrating the pet shop there it's the biggest in malaysia.I might be going for both events but don't know yet la.

take care

-

yuanyuan
ALPHA

Jun 29, 2004, 9:55 PM

Post #24 of 42 (6379 views)
Shortcut

wat event will be held at Ikano.. as for the UPM vet faculty day.. me and some frens from here will be there...

**YY(Yuanyuan aka Erica), VV (Eevee Daphne) & DD (Edy Skippy) with loves**

mk_sara84
Dog Kichi

Jul 1, 2004, 10:52 PM

Post #25 of 42 (6359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yuanyuan] Can an owner of a mixed breed/mongrel register with the MKA? [In reply to] Can't Post

HI,

Ikano is haveing a lot of events i'm not sure what exatly the safari pet shop is haveing hamster racing,water dragon sleeping contests, biggest cat and best dressed dog if i'm not mistaken.They are also having a lot of promotions going on.

I can't make it to UPM so hope you can post somthing to tell us what it was like.

take care

-

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my