Rottweiler Breed

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

ngkl
Novice

Jul 4, 2005, 8:00 PM

Post #76 of 98 (2462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Booker] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Very nice, so how many dogs are you going to compete during the show? Ipoh ah, not too familiar. Got map or not? Might go and jalanx2.

Booker
Dog Kichi

Jul 4, 2005, 10:33 PM

Post #77 of 98 (2456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ngkl] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Hei,nice to hear from u. This round I will just show Furst.By the way,am not very familiar either. So, if u really want to go,give me a call and I shall arrange so that u can follow some of my friends from KL since they are also taking part in this event.

Booker
Dog Kichi

Jul 4, 2005, 10:43 PM

Post #78 of 98 (2453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanleyee] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
wow.. rottie pups.... hey ur fren wanna sell or give any to ppl a not??

Code

i need a male to company my female la...no cert also never mind...

Code
 Hi Vinkuan, good to see you on board.Just would like to express my opinion to you that Certificate is very important if we are a dog lover. We shouldn't encourage back yard breeding or puppy millers who only thinking about mass breeding & $$$$. With certificate at least we can make sure that the dog is register with MKA and we can always trace back their bloodline and previous owner. Besides, we can also make sure that the breeder is serious enough for their breeding and it is not an accidental breed.If 

Raphael
Dog Kichi

Jul 5, 2005, 1:47 AM

Post #79 of 98 (2444 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Sorry Raphael, my email should be booker_sim@ .com

yo booker

cant read the rest of your adress

please call me when free to celcome seventy seven,nine hundred thirty nine,one,nine

thnxWink

Booker
Dog Kichi

Jul 5, 2005, 6:14 AM

Post #80 of 98 (2438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Raphael] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Rapheal,

My email is booker_sim@ hot mail. com By the way,ur phone no look a bit "Special". Does it WORK?Ahaha...Tongue

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Jul 5, 2005, 7:08 AM

Post #81 of 98 (2432 views)
Shortcut

Hi Booker,

Best of luck wt Furst tis coming specialty, . .. I understand tis time the competition will be kinda HOT...!!!

Woof-Woof . . .

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
(GSD Founder - Capt Max V Stephanitz)

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jul 5, 2005, 7:31 AM

Post #82 of 98 (2431 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ngkl] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Didnt know that there is another strike...Can tell me the detail? Never heard of it yet...even the new in JB, i am not sure, the one they are about to ban certain breed in JB.. U heard?

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

ngkl
Novice

Jul 6, 2005, 3:43 PM

Post #83 of 98 (2422 views)
Shortcut

Don't know can come n support Furst or not? i just move in to bdr mahkota cheras, sg.long. maybe on that day i'll have open house... hmm.. dilemma now..

vinkuan
Enthusiast

Jul 6, 2005, 8:44 PM

Post #84 of 98 (2405 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
wow.. rottie pups.... hey ur fren wanna sell or give any to ppl a not??

Code

i need a male to company my female la...no cert also never mind...

Code
  Hi Vinkuan, good to see you on board.Just would like to express my opinion to you that Certificate is very important if we are a dog lover. We shouldn't encourage back yard breeding or puppy millers who only thinking about mass breeding & $$$$. With certificate at least we can make sure that the dog is register with MKA and we can always trace back their bloodline and previous owner. Besides, we can also make sure that the breeder is serious enough for their breeding and it is not an accidental breed.If

Certificate can't show that you are dog lover. For those people that mass breeding and only think of $$$, those are the ppl that always register their puppy. It's not that hard to get 2 rottie (or other breed) with cert. With the cert, the price can go a lot higher. MKA registered does not proof that, the puppy bloodline. The puppy is MKA registered, just because it's parents is MKA registered. And it's parents is registered, just becasue their parents are registered too..... so, does any of those part tell you that the owner is a serious breeder? or the owner does not breed for money? or is the owner is a dog lover? No rite??? The puppy do not have cert normally due to either one of the parent is not MKA registered. This does not proof that the owner does not love the dog or so. If you are really serious dog lover, you would care more about the enviroment, the way breeder handle the puppy, and the puppy itself, and what can u give to the puppy after this, and NOT the cert. If you do not plan to show your dog, it's not a big deal that is the puppy MKA registered. To me, home breeder/back yard breeder might even put more efford that those who claim they are "pro breeder" (I think they breed at back yard too..:D). The only thing i would like to say is.....It's not the cert, but the love from you to the puppy. p/s: I am not sure my friend puppy have cert or not. I only know that they are healthy, and cute puppy.

===================================

Photos.......(Last Update- 08/09/05)
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gordenthebox/

Raphael
Dog Kichi

Jul 9, 2005, 8:40 PM

Post #85 of 98 (2366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinkuan] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

WELL said vinkuan

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jul 9, 2005, 10:25 PM

Post #86 of 98 (2363 views)
Shortcut

HI,

Do not actually see your point here as I do feel stronly if done properly the certification is important. Please do take a long hard look at Singapore, look at all crap there in house politics has done and do attend their show, their dogs are pathetic. Malaysia will soon fall into this if people are accepting pups with out cert. Why buy a boxer, a mongrel will do as well as one is looking at how well the dog is kept.

Price of a certified dog is higher simply because the public accepts it.....you know "supply and demand" in short if you are willing to take a non-certified dog for free then I am certain prices of a certified dog would come down too.

On good bloodlines "the buyer is free to check and choose" but they prefer not to do so.... again do not blame the breeder.

How to check.... well if you really wish to find out you will instinctively know how to and beside it may cut down badly bred pedigrees.

Just some room for thoughts.

vinkuan
Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2005, 2:26 AM

Post #87 of 98 (2361 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
HI,

Do not actually see your point here as I do feel stronly if done properly the certification is important. Please do take a long hard look at Singapore, look at all crap there in house politics has done and do attend their show, their dogs are pathetic. Malaysia will soon fall into this if people are accepting pups with out cert. Why buy a boxer, a mongrel will do as well as one is looking at how well the dog is kept.

Price of a certified dog is higher simply because the public accepts it.....you know "supply and demand" in short if you are willing to take a non-certified dog for free then I am certain prices of a certified dog would come down too.

On good bloodlines "the buyer is free to check and choose" but they prefer not to do so.... again do not blame the breeder.

How to check.... well if you really wish to find out you will instinctively know how to and beside it may cut down badly bred pedigrees.

Just some room for thoughts.

Hi, PSY....

1. Getting a boxer is because, I like "BOXER". Not "The Dog". When I purchase my boxer, I didn't purchase it due to the cert, but, I just love the pup while the 1st itme i saw him.

2. I am not trying to say that the cert is useless, but...to certain extend, it's not "THAT" important. If you want to just keep it as a pet, then, a cert does not bring much meaning to you.

3. I do agree if you want to go for show dog, you should check on the bloodline and so.......

Just imagine, if gov come out with a law that, for those IQ more than 200 should not marrige someone IQ less than 180, due to the IQ 180 will just waisted the "IQ 200 Gen". What you think about this statement?

Sometime, it might be an "accident breed". And, the breeder need to pay for the expances for the puppy. I do think it's fair to give an amount to the breeder. But it shouldn't be over paid.

At least to me, the cert is an Add-on. Not the main point. Would be great if the puppy MKA registered, but if it's not, and I feel "Ngam" with the pup, why not?

p/s: My friend pups are all MKA registered. I say all this is not trying to help him to sell the pups or wut, just feel that, we should give some space for those "Non-MKA" pup.

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jul 10, 2005, 4:55 AM

Post #88 of 98 (2357 views)
Shortcut

No,

The isuue here is if why you bought your pup is valid but there are people out there that would breed from these pups and here is where the problem starts actually raising the value of the certified pup plus adding to a pool of non quality bloodline dogs. This is the issue I am saying. As you may be aware or may not be, I have a weimer, no cert and I did it because of the breed but I know it is just and ordinary dog so I spayed it, no intention of breeding it and it ends here. As for my dob, I got it for obedience competition and may even show if the developement is good and I do have intention to breed it but after saying all that my dog structure do not look to good so I may not. Temperament is very good and for working she is great so ....I do not know.

These are feelings anyway and I certainly do not wish to bring wishy washy puppies into this world ven if they are eligible for certification.

I do value your thoughts though.

vinkuan
Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2005, 4:02 PM

Post #89 of 98 (2351 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
No,

The isuue here is if why you bought your pup is valid but there are people out there that would breed from these pups and here is where the problem starts actually raising the value of the certified pup plus adding to a pool of non quality bloodline dogs. This is the issue I am saying. As you may be aware or may not be, I have a weimer, no cert and I did it because of the breed but I know it is just and ordinary dog so I spayed it, no intention of breeding it and it ends here. As for my dob, I got it for obedience competition and may even show if the developement is good and I do have intention to breed it but after saying all that my dog structure do not look to good so I may not. Temperament is very good and for working she is great so ....I do not know.

These are feelings anyway and I certainly do not wish to bring wishy washy puppies into this world ven if they are eligible for certification.

I do value your thoughts though.

I am not sure, if there are no more non-MKA registered pup, will the price fro MKA registered going up or down. But, I agree with you that, it should imporve the quality of the pup in overall. Again.... same example.... 2 group of people, poor group and rich group. Of course, rich group stay in a better life. But does that means, we should stop all poor group for "production"? So that, there will be no "poor people" next time? Or a group of smart people and a group of stupid people....shall we just stop the stupid group for "production". Of course....we try.... if we know there is already genetic issue, or it's something serious, then we try to avoid it. But, for normal case, it should be okay rite? Who knows, stupid group might have a healthier, happier life than those smart group? What if one day, US gov said "Asain should stop "production", we are better, so, we should be the only human in this world", what's your feeling? Of course, we not going to agree with this rite?

As you mention, your dob is good. Why not give her a chance? I don't think if the parents is bad, then forever, the generation will be bad. OR if the parents is good, then forever the generation will be good.

I don't know.... I am just not agree with the type "I am better than you due to my bloodline and my cert"....It might due to I, myself not from a "good bloodline" too. Laugh If you were look down by someone b4, due to your "bloodline" (Asian), u might have different though for this matter.

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jul 10, 2005, 10:45 PM

Post #90 of 98 (2342 views)
Shortcut

See your point but humans are not being sold so here it just do not apply. There is no monetary value on humans.....well not yet, not in my life time, however if when that happens it will be just like that, Adolf Hitler did that once but he lost out, in some way so did our island neighbour, so they have a dying population now.

vinkuan
Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2005, 12:25 AM

Post #91 of 98 (2339 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
See your point but humans are not being sold so here it just do not apply. There is no monetary value on humans.....well not yet, not in my life time, however if when that happens it will be just like that, Adolf Hitler did that once but he lost out, in some way so did our island neighbour, so they have a dying population now.

Not going to continue with this..since it will be an endless discussion. Sly I can't change your mind, and you can't change mine too...

There is not 100% correct or wrong on this matter, I guess.....

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jul 11, 2005, 6:48 AM

Post #92 of 98 (2328 views)
Shortcut

Yeah,

however do appreciate knowing your point of view.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 26, 2005, 7:47 PM

Post #93 of 98 (2207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinkuan & PSY] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

vinkuan & PSY

wish to add some points here. Certificate do trace back the ancestors of a dog. A responsible breeder will not & should not breed a dog without cert. This is important so that the dog wont be inbred. There are many other reasons but in short, breeding without a cert means breeding without knowing the background of the dogs.

A person who loves their dog wont breed without knowing the background of their dogs since this might be harmful for the pups. The buyer might bought a pup which he/she doesn’t expect to turned up so differently from what they expect from a purebred.

An advantage of owning a purebreed dog is that we will know or expect generally how a particular's dog temperament. A dog without cert might be inbred which cause unstable temperament, deformed, weak or it might even not a purebreed. Imagine u wish to purchase a less energetic dog but it turns up to be so hyperactive as it is not actually purebreed.

Despites irresponsible breeders which makes no difference no matter they breed with cert or not, for those responsible breeders who loves their dogs & care for them, they hardly earn much profit. Pls take note that in order to register a pup need lots of money, time & effort spent. Thus, it is not unreasonable for a MKA certified pups to be sold at a higher price.

Of corse, Im not trying to say purebreed is better than others, but my point is if a person breed without a cert, he/she is not responsible. If a person claimed that his/her dog is purebreed without cert, then we will lose out the benefits to own a purebreed since the background is uncertain.

Regards,

Yang

(This post was edited by leecy on Oct 26, 2005, 7:55 PM)

koolfang

Oct 27, 2005, 6:07 PM

Post #94 of 98 (2183 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
vinkuan & PSY

wish to add some points here. Certificate do trace back the ancestors of a dog. A responsible breeder will not & should not breed a dog without cert. This is important so that the dog wont be inbred. There are many other reasons but in short, breeding without a cert means breeding without knowing the background of the dogs.

A person who loves their dog wont breed without knowing the background of their dogs since this might be harmful for the pups. The buyer might bought a pup which he/she doesn’t expect to turned up so differently from what they expect from a purebred.

An advantage of owning a purebreed dog is that we will know or expect generally how a particular's dog temperament. A dog without cert might be inbred which cause unstable temperament, deformed, weak or it might even not a purebreed. Imagine u wish to purchase a less energetic dog but it turns up to be so hyperactive as it is not actually purebreed.

Despites irresponsible breeders which makes no difference no matter they breed with cert or not, for those responsible breeders who loves their dogs & care for them, they hardly earn much profit. Pls take note that in order to register a pup need lots of money, time & effort spent. Thus, it is not unreasonable for a MKA certified pups to be sold at a higher price.

Of corse, Im not trying to say purebreed is better than others, but my point is if a person breed without a cert, he/she is not responsible. If a person claimed that his/her dog is purebreed without cert, then we will lose out the benefits to own a purebreed since the background is uncertain.

leecy, u really know & write a lot eh... well... i'm not as knowledgable as u in the dog world but i love dogs... n i agree that pedigree is also important but not always, depends... i love my dog very much and he's a working and tough dog. maybe i'm thinking of breeding but my dog doesn't have a cert but i somehow get to trace his line... since and i quote u said that a person that breeds without a cert is irresponsible, can u teach me how to register my american pit bull terrier.......?

- its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog...

koolfang

Oct 27, 2005, 11:35 PM

Post #95 of 98 (2168 views)
Shortcut

hi leecy,

from my last reply, u can see how sarcastic i was. anyway, i wasn't trying to be rude. somehow i agree that we should know the pedigree but is that really necessary....? this is not about being responsible or not... i know there are some backyard breeders that breed only for money but some really can't register. if evryone thinks like u, malaysia will loose many good breeds...

think about it... do we know the pedigree of the 1st gsd/rott or whatever dogs...? as in the pit term... "winner & winner doesn't mean u get a winner". eros maybe 2 times wusv champion but can u ensure his pups can do the same thing...? all this is from the point of view of working dogs. i dunno about the toy dog lovers...

my apbt can bite and hang at the age of 6 weeks and attack on command at 3 months. i like his drive and nerve and he has no cert. what if i want another apbt like him...

- its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog...

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 28, 2005, 11:26 AM

Post #96 of 98 (2154 views)
Shortcut
Re: [koolfang] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

koolfang

nice to meet u there, I dont mind ppl to be sarcastic & I love rude ppl. As long as u forget abt my username & focus on the topic, no matter how rude or how sarcastic u r when u reply, I don't mind.

Well, I am not trying to discuss a dog with cert is better or a dog without cert is smarter. Definitely there are many of good traits mixed breeds & bad health's pure breeds.

What I am trying to tell is we shouldnt BREED a dog without cert. Telling this doesnt means we shouldnt OWN them.

Of corse, a dog with cert doesnt means it review ALL the generations of the ancestors. But this is the best we can trace, & the best choice in malaysia is through MKA.

Although the certificate only listed 4 generations of the ancestors but at least it is better than we don't know at all.

As u said a champion dog doesnt means will passes a champion traits. Thus, it is irrelevant here if u feel that ur APBT should be bred.

Unlike humans, dogs matured & capable to mate after 1 year old, they are not going to recognise who are their brother & sister, who are their parents, grandparents... ...

For ur example, u are proud of ur dog without a cert. Im glad, & congrats u abt that. Then u said as he posseses good traits, u wish to breed him.

My advice to you is dont breed as you dont know his background. You might inbred him. He wont recognise if a female APBT is his family or not. You might want another APBT like him but it might turn out with something else.

You said you able to trace the background of ur APBT. But lets be realistic, as i said earlier a dog can produce spring after 1 year old, & they will produce not only 1 pup, sometimes dozen. Your APBT might have thousands of "family members" & it is impossible to trace all. with a MKA certificate, at least u can compare four generations.

Unless you do own bro, sis, parents, grandparents, grandgrandparents and so on under 1 roof, or else you might risk ur dog to inbreed.

A purebreed being registered is a result of the expert breeders who able to breed a particular dog with constant characters, looks, temperaments, behaviours, abilities for a specific purpose or some purposes for many generations.

Well it is impossible to register your dog to MKA but you can find another APBT which posseses the same trait as yours. But if you are keen to register, then you have to create a new breed, and make sure your breed of dog will constantly posses the same traits as the previous generations, then u might be able to register 1.

Well abt breeding for money, it is not an issue here since we shouldnt breed juz for money no matter breeding with a cert or without.

& of corse we wont know who is the 1st to born, but u must understand that no matter what breed of dog, toy breed or working breed, the 1st to register have to be one which have proven results of consistency which means the we can expect what the future litters will be.

What i mentioned applied to all breed of dogs since im discussing abt BREEDING. And for ur info, Im not only toy breed lover, I used to raise champion rottie & GSDs since small.

If you really proud of what your dog is now, & wish to get another like him, the best way is not breed him with another female, the best way is to trace back who is their parents since your dog posseses their traits, and here comes the importance of RECORDINGS on the cert, not the sheet of paper.

Regards,

Yang

(This post was edited by leecy on Oct 28, 2005, 11:35 AM)

koolfang

Oct 28, 2005, 5:58 PM

Post #97 of 98 (2140 views)
Shortcut

leecy,

aaahhh...Wink very long statement... i get what u're trying to say here... we're talking about not accidently in breed rite and being responsible about it... actually we do keep track on our dogs since the dun recognise apbt. what we can do is only limited. as responsible as we can be, we cannot control other people's action. we know where our dogs are from and we dun inbreed but we believe in line breed...

if and i quote "we shouldn't breed a dog without a cert", where can we get new dogs since apbt is banned bcoz it was tot to be a vicious dog. for all i know, the incident that happened in shah alam didn't involve an apbt...no offence... and less than 10% dog attack cases involve an apbt...

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 29, 2005, 6:34 AM

Post #98 of 98 (2125 views)
Shortcut
Re: [koolfang] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

koolfang

Well, I have no comment for ur specific case though. Wink

Regards,

Yang

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my