Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
Help, Luckey's become realllly naughty!

luckey
ALPHA

Dec 17, 2002, 8:32 PM

Post #1 of 12 (1423 views)
Shortcut
Help, Luckey's become realllly naughty! Can't Post

Hiya, my wonderful pup Luckey ahs developed into this little "ruffian" (how my hubby puts it). Ever since moving into our new house, she has been tearing around like a racecar round our house...

Las night was the third night we are living in our new house. First night, she was ok, second night, we woke up with our new bedspreads chewed up at the edges... third night (last night) she destroyed my fibre-optics lamp and I woke up with the fibre optic strands strewn EVERYwhere, she chewed through our pillows (while I was sleeping), ate the feathers inside, then promptly vomited all the feathers out onto my hubbby's head while he slept. He woke up at 2am to this slimey feathery solution all over his side of the bed and on his hair...

This morning we also discovered she had bitten the new paint off the walls in our bedroom.

I tried to get her really tired at nights before sleeping, but she seems to have endless energy... nothing seems to work Unsure Help!!! She is a real sweety, but lately she has turned into this really infuriating puppy. She also growls and plays rough with her sister Brinkley Pirate

I'd really really love some advice if anyone has good solutions. My hubbby has suggested a muzzle, but she is only 5 months. Or throwing her outside (which I really can't do coz our house is still under renovation and it's not safe with all the construction materials still lying around). Or locking her in a room by herself when she's naughty, but then she'd probably get bored of barking and start chewing all the paint off THOSE walls. *big sigh* Crazy

cdmoo
ALPHA

Dec 17, 2002, 9:32 PM

Post #2 of 12 (1420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Help, Luckey's become realllly naughty! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Luckey,

So.. Luckey is running out of luck.. and may get whacked by mummy afterall! Smile . Not sure this is her version of house warming ! Smile

Well, try to crate her ( in your room ) and see.... Must bring her to KK, let Rex to check on her.

Do u crate Brinkley? How is he? Still too young to play rough, I suppose..

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

luckey
ALPHA

Dec 18, 2002, 8:16 PM

Post #3 of 12 (1403 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Help, Luckey's become realllly naughty! [In reply to] Can't Post

haha... yeah... she'd better watch it if she wants to keep her namesake... hehe

but the good news is she was much much better last night for some reason. I went to bed earlier than my hubby, so it was just me and luckey, and she went right to sleep. Seems she is only extremely naughty when Brinkley's around.

No we do not crate Brinkley, she's playful too, but not so rough and easier to handle. Maybe it's the "golden" way. Laugh She is about 2 and a half months now i think...

cdmoo
ALPHA

Dec 18, 2002, 8:23 PM

Post #4 of 12 (1402 views)
Shortcut

Hi Luckey,

Another reason could be teething issue. .. Rex also bite off a small section of the wall during teething. As u probably aware, 4 - 5months is the teething period.

Get her some chew toys.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

luckey
ALPHA

Dec 18, 2002, 10:49 PM

Post #5 of 12 (1392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Help, Luckey's become realllly naughty! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah spent so much money on her last night buying her bones and tones of all varieties. Maybe that was also part of the reason she was better last night Tongue thanks for the tip. Hope that doesnt mean we have to go through the same thing with Brinkley when she gets to that age !!

makrawl
Canine Addict

Feb 6, 2003, 12:45 AM

Post #6 of 12 (1340 views)
Shortcut

Smilei might be late for this disscusion but my black ECS is having the same problem too. 3 months old, chewed my mom's slipers (she yelled at me and the puppy). she also "minced" my garden plant into small pieces (kesian saya punya bunga). she also chewed the plastic sheet that i use to cover her compound (to keep her away from rain), now it becomes a "net" rather a plastic sheet. i bought something for her to chew but she seems like more prefer to "other things".

my plants is going to extinct soon. please help

luckey
ALPHA

Feb 7, 2003, 8:30 AM

Post #7 of 12 (1324 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] Help, Luckey's become realllly naughty! [In reply to] Can't Post

hehehe,.. well luckey hasnt chewed up any of our possessions lately )ooh, but she did manage to pluck off an angpow from our pussy willow and tipped the whole vase over last night though Crazy)

but she has taken to hunting instead.

Last night she gave me the fright of my life... she ate a frog (or tried to anyway) and I think its skin was toxic coz she was drooling and foaming at the mouth, i was so worried. Gave her egg white to eat to dissolve any poison she mightve eaten.

Then tonight (she doesnt learn!) she and Brinkley decide to chase this cat that came into our garden... they actually chased the cat out of our compound, but luckey was not satisfied, so she continued to sniff for the cat and sniffed the scent to the pool, decided the cat was in the pool and jumped in! At 11 o'clock at night! Chris had to dive in to grab her out.

Oh well.

makrawl
Canine Addict

Feb 7, 2003, 4:57 PM

Post #8 of 12 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Shockedmy god......... fortunately my house doesn't has any pool or i'll be a wet duck like your husband.Laugh by the way, my 3months old evil is getting too much. she chews and now she even jump on my bush! the bushes become flat rather than bushy now. make me heartache.

well, mine also like to "play" with toads. it happens just like what your's experienced. white foam all over the mouth! but u know what? yes they just didn't learned from it. coz they repeated it 5 times! imagine that!Mad the poison is not very harmful (according to my book) and all i do is just washed his mouth with plenty of water and i also "washed his ears" by lots of "NO NO NO NO NO NO"Frownbut they seems to enjoy playing toads untill today. i think this is one of their instinct i guess.Unsure

lulugurl
ALPHA

Feb 7, 2003, 9:38 PM

Post #9 of 12 (1309 views)
Shortcut

eww...its funny how their little brains work ey..? cute thou..hehehLaugh
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

makrawl
Canine Addict

Feb 11, 2003, 5:14 PM

Post #10 of 12 (1294 views)
Shortcut

Smilei don't know what to say about my 4 months old ECS lah. now she have learn a new trick to entertaint herself............ she like to "dive" in the drinking bowl now!Shocked after playing in the garden, her head and ears are full of sand, mud, dirt bla bla bla then.. she decide to take a "swimming". she drink a bit first then she dive her whole head into the bowl (the bowl is deep)!Shocked the drinking water has become "Milo" and it looks terrible. my god, then she realise it is fun and now, she keeps on diving and diving and diving! i have to change the water non stop! help! coz i don't want my other dogs to drink that "Milo". gosh.......... i'm going to get insane. kekekeSlyLaugh

luckey
ALPHA

Feb 11, 2003, 9:48 PM

Post #11 of 12 (1285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] Help, Luckey's become realllly naughty! [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha.. you know, our juno used to do this dive thing into all her water bowls too, until one day she fell into the fishpond while playing with our other dog, and got the fright of her life. She hasnt been so into water ever since!

makrawl
Canine Addict

Feb 12, 2003, 12:50 AM

Post #12 of 12 (1277 views)
Shortcut

SmileHmm.......... wait a minute, that's a good i dea. now i remember that i have a 200 gallon tank planted with water lily, maybe i can "give her a dive" haha. jokingLaugh

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my