Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
Pulling non stop

Dandelion
Novice

Apr 5, 2004, 2:50 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1583 views)
Shortcut
Pulling non stop Can't Post

i just got a new dog from my friend. she's 2 years old. however. my friend did not do a good job training it to walk and not pull. can i still train her? What can i do? thanks

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 6, 2004, 7:09 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1574 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dandelion] Pulling non stop [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Yes ... never too late to train a dog ... dogs learn at all ages ... so no worries ...

If the dog has not been trained or properly trained before - then it is probably best to start from the beginning and train the basic commands of sit, stay and recall ... before trying to train a dog to heel (walk by your side) ...

Starting training with basic commands has many advantages ... (a) First, it gives both of you a chance to learn about each other, and how you each approach training ... and allow both of you to bond one with the other ... (b) It will allow the dog to learn basic commands that will assist with day-to-day dog management ... (c) Give your dog an understanding of how training and commands work, and how she should respond.

Check the threads on training a dog in the forum ... there are lots of tips on how to train a dog for sit, stay, recall and heeling posted.

Cheers Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my