Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Help ! Fungus Attack my Shih Tzu !

ikevin
Novice

Apr 2, 2004, 9:42 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1900 views)
Shortcut
Help ! Fungus Attack my Shih Tzu ! Can't Post

Recently, my Shih Tzu hair is dropping until can see the skin on her forehead. I consulted the vet doc. and she said my Shih Tzu has been infected by Fungus.Frown She gave me a cream to apply on it. I told the doc. that it looks like the Fungus is spreading. She said try the cream she gave. I totally don't have any ideas about this fungus??? But it make my little Shih Tzu become bold (some portion). Doc said maybe the bold part will not grow hair anymore. FrownFrown Anyone expert can help my Shih Tzu here??? SOS.... Cure her and Grow hair please.....

gillian923
K9 Kaki

Apr 7, 2004, 12:26 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1886 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ikevin] Help ! Fungus Attack my Shih Tzu ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

My dog already having the fungus problem. His fur drop untile can c the skin too, now he is slowly recover. I went to SPCA and they gave injection to my Mon Mon (my dog) and recomment one shampoo for him. i cant remember the name of the shamppoo,but i will give u the name once i back home. You can get it thru pet shop or vet....

dont worry for ur doggie, but please make sure that ur shih tzu attacked by fungus...I may suggest go to vet look for expertist

risamasuda

Apr 7, 2004, 4:36 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gillian923] Help ! Fungus Attack my Shih Tzu ! [In reply to] Can't Post

my shih tzu x pekingese also got a fungus problem.... i didnt know until today.. the previous owner for my doggie told us its just a allergy but my bf discovered its a fungus.... its spreding as well.... the previous owner took him to vet (i think) and i have to put him cream and medicine for him to drink but i feel sorry to look at my babie drink the medicine and stuff.... how to prevent a fungus spreding around his body? does it recovers in the future?

gillian923
K9 Kaki

Apr 7, 2004, 4:44 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [risamasuda] Help ! Fungus Attack my Shih Tzu ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have to take care if a dog having the fungus problem. They sure will recover back, but take some times onli. Well, i sent my dog to SPCA to take injection and they recommend me to take this shamppoo which named " Dermcare natural Shampoo" , it's a blue color bottle. After the injection and the continues using the dermcare natural shampoo, my dog was slowly recover now. The fur become more n more, but dont stop to using this shampoo,if not their fungus will start to growth again.

Better to double confirm with the doc whether is u dog is fungus or allergy? It can be skin allergy due to the hot weather, some of the dog may have this kind of problem due to they too many fur. So better bring him to see doc first onli u take action!

good luck and wish ur dog recover soon.Smile

les
K9 Maniac

Oct 17, 2004, 8:26 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1630 views)
Shortcut

My poor baby sunny been attacked by fungus.. and its spread ard neck area.. i tried Malaseb shampoo and Virbac's product, it doesnt seems to work.

And i saw your post which mentioned about injection, would like to know more details of it. How much the injection cost and which vet u bring ur dog to?

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

gillian923
K9 Kaki

Oct 19, 2004, 1:46 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1619 views)
Shortcut
Re: [les] Help ! Fungus Attack my Shih Tzu ! [In reply to] Can't Post

icic, r u sure that he is fungus affection? caz u have to with out and make sure whether this is a fungus or maybe alergy with food environment or etc.....

If this is fungus infection, you can either try to apply those fungus cream. do u know chinese medicine shop got one fungus cream, if not mistaken cream with white color, round short bottle with silver cover 1...i cannt remember the name. Or u can seek for doctor, caz they will either give u medicine to control or they will do injection. But still u have to bath him 4 days a time, continuously used abt 2 mth then u will see the result.

Will look for u the name of the cream n shampoo

les
K9 Maniac

Oct 19, 2004, 6:19 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1613 views)
Shortcut

very much appreciated.. i will go to chinese medication shop to look for the medicine.. thx~

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my