Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Barking & Growling Problems:
Need help! how to stop doggie make noise?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ashley
ALPHA

Apr 26, 2004, 8:55 PM

Post #26 of 45 (5014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] Need help! how to stop doggie make noise? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Once u are good at the art of can throwing.....u will get better arms muscle along the way...lolSly

CrazyCrazyCrazyUnsureUnsureUnsureFrownFrownFrownPiratePiratePirate than i should be say pooooor ashley or pooooor cans !! kakakka
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

(This post was edited by ashley on Apr 26, 2004, 8:56 PM)

gillian923
K9 Kaki

Apr 26, 2004, 10:39 PM

Post #27 of 45 (5010 views)
Shortcut

PSD,

I get wat u mean...what we going to do is sent her to OB class at least she know wat is the right time to bark n which not....I really scared my neighbour will complain abt tat noise , end up is ban dog. Dont forget that i'm staying at Apartment, which actually not allowed to have dog...

So...a question! which is the best n effective method for cold down her for barking....

Thank you for advise

Gillian

PSD
ALPHA

Apr 27, 2004, 9:12 PM

Post #28 of 45 (5005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gillian923] Need help! how to stop doggie make noise? [In reply to] Can't Post

Gillian,

Sending her to OB class is a good idea. However normal OB class does not cover the Barking problem. I think it will be better to work her OB and the bark problem together.

Best way to cool her down from barking is to distract her with another thing but this takes more experience to do as wrongly done could be a reinforcement for the barks. It is all timing and reading the dog correctly.

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

(This post was edited by PSD on Apr 27, 2004, 9:16 PM)

gillian923
K9 Kaki

Apr 28, 2004, 9:10 PM

Post #29 of 45 (4990 views)
Shortcut

PSD,

Izzit mean sent her to OB training as well as train her at home too rite? Mind to share with me on ur experience on training them bark when neccessary?

Gillian

PSD
ALPHA

Apr 28, 2004, 9:23 PM

Post #30 of 45 (4989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gillian923] Need help! how to stop doggie make noise? [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiks.....I tot u wanted to train then to be quiet.....now u want to make them bark arr? lolTongueBlush

Diff dog diff way. To a quiet dog then u have to bring out the bark but your dog being the barkie one u need to stop the bark. Dont worry, other than totally debarking him outright, he will be barking away when there is a threat. What u want to do is to take away the unnecessary barks. Rite?

PSD

Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

gillian923
K9 Kaki

Apr 28, 2004, 10:53 PM

Post #31 of 45 (4986 views)
Shortcut

PSD,

hahah...i confusing myself. Actually i hope my doggies can become quiet and dont bark...and i really worried on the noisywill get complaint by other neighbour here....n i really got no time to train them so..i duno wat i can do for them beside sending them to OB class

PSD
ALPHA

Apr 28, 2004, 11:22 PM

Post #32 of 45 (4984 views)
Shortcut

Maybe u should try anti bark collar. Of course u still must make time to play n train with them.

PSD

gillian923
K9 Kaki

Apr 29, 2004, 8:26 PM

Post #33 of 45 (4971 views)
Shortcut

problem is how i get the anti colar leh???Wink

PSD
ALPHA

Apr 29, 2004, 8:40 PM

Post #34 of 45 (4970 views)
Shortcut

I have a spare one with me. Was bought for someone earlier but then the dog suddenly decides to keep quiet so had been having it in my store room for the last 1 month or so. Mail me if you need more details on how it works and the pricing if you wanted it.Smile

PSD

gillian923
K9 Kaki

Apr 29, 2004, 10:53 PM

Post #35 of 45 (4963 views)
Shortcut

Hey,

send me the detail of the bark collar as well as pricing lo...Caz my fren is going to get one for me, they going to Australia for company trip.

TQ

renaoh
Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2004, 9:48 PM

Post #36 of 45 (4865 views)
Shortcut

Hi PSD,

My brother's 2 year old dog is a habitual barker, barking at anything and everything since he was a puppy. I wonder whether the Anti-Bark Collar will work for on him? I will happily buy the collar for him as a present just to shut up his dog.

So, if you still have the collar, please email me the details n price. My email adddress is: If you cannot see my email address, please check with the forum administrator who I'm sure have access to members details. Thanks.

Rena Oh

PSD
ALPHA

Jul 28, 2004, 7:14 PM

Post #37 of 45 (4851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [renaoh] Need help! how to stop doggie make noise? [In reply to] Can't Post

renaoh,

What type of dog is this? There are different bark collars for different degrees of barkaholic. I do have few ranges from mild to wide spectrum and a very serious one which will stop the bark instantly. This latest one is the most effective and only used on hardcore barkers but guaranteed to work this one. If u need more info I can guide you you can mail me at psd at this site . U dont have to buy from me.

PSD

kitten
Dog Kichi

Aug 25, 2004, 10:53 PM

Post #38 of 45 (4633 views)
Shortcut

Hi PSD,

wondering if u can advice on this. Moved into an condo this Feb. My doggy is a maltese x shih tzu. She doesn't bark very much except 1.) When ppl ring the door bell and 2.) when there are strangers in the house 3.) when she is startled by sounds outside which is understandable.

We keep the entrance door shut all times. Residents here very strict. There's always ppl ringing the doorbell and noises at the corridor. Security guard has told us 5 times no dogs are allowed since we moved in cause residents complained that there's barking. My dog is also very stubborn when she starts barking. My parents can't control her when I'm not around so she'll bark her head off. Even when I'm around, u can't know when someone is going to ring the doorbell. She'll be barking before i can distract her. I'm worried that security guard visits will escalate into something more serious if this continues.

I'd like your advice, is the anti-barking collar the best way to go? if yes, which one is more suitable for my dog breed and needs and if u have it, how much is it. I dimly remembered hearing about a device that muffles barking sounds within an area, dunno how true is that.

Thanks

Laura & Babe

PSD
ALPHA

Aug 25, 2004, 11:50 PM

Post #39 of 45 (4625 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitten] Need help! how to stop doggie make noise? [In reply to] Can't Post

kitten,

I do understand when it will turn ugly when the neighbours starts to complain. To be fair, dog barks when there are strangers, dog barks when there are suspicious sounds and dog barks when he is worried of the unknown. These are just the natural traits in dogs. Normal owners doing very little to none OB(usually the case) will not be able to control this using the conventional way of vocal commands. This will be compounded when the dog is already unknowingly allowed to behave this natural way for long time and it becomes inprinted or ingrained into its core behaviour that it becomes extreamely difficult to change.

In such time we have few options available to us.

1) Get your dog to a behavorial trainer and hope that he is good enough to change the dog. The risk is that he may use force and compulsion methods and your dog will never be the same again on return.

2) Get into seriously understanding dog psychology and behavorial and to be a trainer yourself. However this will take long time and may not be fast enough to stop the guard from knocking again the 6th time.

3) Techonological use of self inflicted correction. This means the dog bark, the correction activated, discomfort to the dog. The dog bark again, the correction activated again, the discomfort comes again. 3-4 times or 6-8 times later the dog will be able to put 2 and 2 together that while bark brings discomfort, quiet brings no discomfort whatever the condition is. This is the essense of bark collar.

There are many types of bark collars. Some work well for some dogs and not for others. These depends on how bad is the condition and how hard is your dog. Unfortunately I'm unable to say anything commercial in this site. Drop me a mail and I will do my best to advice you further.

PSD

kitten
Dog Kichi

Aug 26, 2004, 12:25 AM

Post #40 of 45 (4615 views)
Shortcut

Hi PSD, I agree that my doggy's barking is very normal. which is also why i'm very reluctant to change her. She goes haywire once in a while but is otherwise a very obedient and well mannered dog. She knows I want her to keep quiet but she don't understand why because she's protective of the family when there's strangers. She barks with commonsense, but...Crazy right at this moment she needs to be quiet and I don't know what else to do. I'm open to other ideas.

I'll have to keep her quiet for 3 years until i can move to a house. That's my target. Option 1, I'm not quite comfortable with that. I know my dog is already affected by my ex-maid's friends. She is very skirtish of strange males. I shudder to think the other sort of damage that might occur. I like my notty dog as she is.

Option 2 will take too long. She only listens to me. When I'm working, my parents are too soft with her. She's smart enuff to take advantage of that.

Option 3 probably the best way now. Between the 3 anti barking collar versions, would like to know which is best for my dog. BTW, i can't seem to find ur email address. Can you email me instead? Thanks.

Laura & Babe

Khoobg
Webmaster

Aug 26, 2004, 12:28 AM

Post #41 of 45 (4611 views)
Shortcut

It is ok to post on Bark Collar if you wish.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

PSD
ALPHA

Aug 26, 2004, 12:49 AM

Post #42 of 45 (4603 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitten] Need help! how to stop doggie make noise? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Khoo. Just didnt want to overstretch if its against the forum's policy there.Smile

kitten,

Oh I forgot to mention there is an option (4) which is de-voicing but I think this is too cruel as it involve totally removing the voice.

The 3 types of bark collars are

1) Ultra sonic sound which uses high pitched tone which will be discomforting to the dog. This is the mildest and some dogs are so highly ingrained in barking that they can totally just ignore the sound altogether.

2) Ultrasonic debarker plug directly into the mains. This isnt a collar and its installed in the area to stop incessant barking in that area. This is stronger than the 1st.

3) This uses low voltage contacts where you can tune to strength to suit the individual dog requirement. This is the most effective.

PSD

kitten
Dog Kichi

Aug 27, 2004, 10:33 PM

Post #43 of 45 (4506 views)
Shortcut

emailed u already...Smile

Laura & Babe

tomaz
Novice

Sep 15, 2004, 7:05 PM

Post #44 of 45 (4327 views)
Shortcut

i also need one of those bark control collar? anyone knows where to buy it or who as one to sell? need it urgently. pls email me at thomas@hosiden.co.jp or call me at 012-2075577.

Sydney
Doggyman

Sep 16, 2004, 4:07 AM

Post #45 of 45 (4317 views)
Shortcut

yup punish her if she makes 2 much noise.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my