Help!!!! I have a 3 weeks old puppy

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

May
Old Hand

Apr 13, 2004, 7:12 PM

Post #51 of 59 (843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] Help!!!! I have a 3 weeks old puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

This morning while I was feeding the puppy, I saw 2 ticks crawling out from the carton box where the puppy sleep Mad. Normally the puppy will be crated at the car park during day time and sleep in the carton box at night in the house. I think tonight I won't let him sleep in the house anymore Mad.....scare the house might get infested as well Unimpressed.

He's going to be 6 weeks old this weekend. Just can't wait for him to be 8 weeks old so that I can bath him with the tick and flea shampoo. At the time being, what can I do to control the ticks problem besides picking out the ticks from his body everyday?

PSD
ALPHA

Apr 13, 2004, 10:31 PM

Post #52 of 59 (837 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Help!!!! I have a 3 weeks old puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

May,

If I were u I would be disinfecting the carpark n garden with watered down solution of tickicide pick out the remaining ticks from the puppy checking 2-3 times a day for any more ticks on him and use cloth or tissue to wipe spray ons onto the puppy for protection from the infestation. I would remove him from your carpark instead of leaving him at the mercy of the hungry ticks there. I believe this is the most merciful thing to do. Leaving him there for the blood suckers isnt my idea of the care n protection we should give a puppy.

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

May
Old Hand

Apr 13, 2004, 11:41 PM

Post #53 of 59 (835 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] Help!!!! I have a 3 weeks old puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Our house doesn't have a garden and we never have any ticks problem before, not until the puppy arrival. The puppy get the ticks from his mother which live in another house with garden at a different housing area.

I'll try your method as I can't wait another 3 more weeks to deal with the problem. I'll also disinfect his crate, throw away the carton box and wash the car park.

PSD
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2004, 12:12 AM

Post #54 of 59 (832 views)
Shortcut

May,

Yeah that would be a sensible thing to do. Get a water soluble tickicide from the vet/petshop so that u can pour it into any crevices of your car park to clear as much ticks as u can ....hopefully clear the whole lot up. Just remember not to allow your puppy to play with the watered area for 1-2 weeks. Some tickicide claims to be safe for the doggies but I would not take this chance with a puppy.

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

May
Old Hand

Apr 19, 2004, 6:40 PM

Post #55 of 59 (782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] Help!!!! I have a 3 weeks old puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Some updates on my puppy.

Yesterday I brought my puppy for his first vaccination. After checking his stool, the vet said the puppy got a lot of worms Shocked. So the vet dewormed him and gave me another stringe of dewormer to be given to the puppy 2 weeks after the first dose.

This morning when I went to feed the puppy I saw the puppy poo poo with a lot of "spagetti" like worms. Very 'gelli' laaa.....yuck!!! I checked through the internet and found out that the worms are know as roundworms. No wonder my puppy looks so thin....Frown

ashley
ALPHA

Apr 22, 2004, 11:22 PM

Post #56 of 59 (777 views)
Shortcut

I also 1st time c the round worm but not from my dog. Shocked

so he healthy? active? still got tick ?

when we can see his cute face ?! Smile
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

May
Old Hand

Apr 22, 2004, 11:39 PM

Post #57 of 59 (776 views)
Shortcut

He's six weeks now going to be 7. Eat a lot and healthy Smile. I have disinfected his crate as well as out car porch but sometimes we do pick out 1-2 ticks from his body Frown. Plan to bath him when he's 8 weeks old. Btw, he knows the 'sit' command oredi....I'm so happy Sly. Now I'm brushing up on the 'come' command and will teach him 'hand' later. Who says mongrel can't be trained??? Tongue

His cute face???? I'll show you later. Wait for him to grow fat a bit ....now still thin laa.. Frown. He's a local dog (mongrel) with short brown coat.

(This post was edited by May on Apr 22, 2004, 11:43 PM)

ashley
ALPHA

Apr 23, 2004, 12:52 AM

Post #58 of 59 (772 views)
Shortcut

Did u spray frontline ?? may be u can use dettol to wash the area he stay . last time i also like this. The ticks also can hide at the wall.

Ya mongrel sometime more clever than our pet. He is so lucky cos got a good owner. Angelic
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

May
Old Hand

Apr 23, 2004, 1:21 AM

Post #59 of 59 (771 views)
Shortcut

I used Clorox to wash his sleeping area. I didn't use frontline on him as his tick problem still can be contain. I'll bath him with the tick and flea shampoo in the next 2 weeks.

Well....I'm not his owner...just his doggie-sitter cum trainer Tongue.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my