Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Ear Care and Conditions:
DIFFUCULT TO CLEAR MY DOG EAR

tan_ling
Dog Kichi

Mar 27, 2004, 1:26 AM

Post #1 of 12 (14204 views)
Shortcut
DIFFUCULT TO CLEAR MY DOG EAR Can't Post

Unsurei got a problem clearing my dog ear..coz when i wan to clear it he always moving around so always need many ppl to help me...got any tips on how to clear my dog ear...??

jennifer6636
K9 Maniac

Mar 28, 2004, 12:14 AM

Post #2 of 12 (14197 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tan_ling] DIFFUCULT TO CLEAR MY DOG EAR [In reply to] Can't Post

hai tan_ling, what solution r u using? u can go to the vet n get this *Nolvasan Otic* cleansing solution. i think is only can get in the vet. just pull few drop n massage, n use a clean cotton to wipe the ear...that all. no need to use cotton bat n dick the ear.

connie82
Novice

Apr 24, 2004, 9:23 AM

Post #3 of 12 (14043 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jennifer6636] DIFFUCULT TO CLEAR MY DOG EAR [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi...

I have problem cleaning my puppy ear too... He will not even let me use a cloth to wipe his ear... Each time I try to look at his ear.. he would just move around and trys to bite the cloth...

-Connie-

jennifer6636
K9 Maniac

Apr 25, 2004, 4:40 AM

Post #4 of 12 (14038 views)
Shortcut
Re: [connie82] DIFFUCULT TO CLEAR MY DOG EAR [In reply to] Can't Post

hai connie, my dog also the same thing, i play-play with them than slowly touch thier ear..hv to take time...they takut i use cottenbutt to dick their ear...so i only pour solution n wipe outside. i use the solution that i mention early...no need to dick their ear.Wink

eugene
Novice

Aug 20, 2005, 1:06 AM

Post #5 of 12 (12749 views)
Shortcut

Dear jennifer,
i m interested to buy the ear clenser that u mention, may i know how much u bought?

jennifer6636
K9 Maniac

Aug 20, 2005, 1:22 AM

Post #6 of 12 (12748 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eugene] DIFFUCULT TO CLEAR MY DOG EAR [In reply to] Can't Post

hai eugene, the solution colour is sky blue colour, i use to buy this solution in ss2 s**mer pet. the price in the bottle is rm30..but can get in rm28.

eugene
Novice

Aug 20, 2005, 1:44 AM

Post #7 of 12 (12744 views)
Shortcut

Dear Jennifer,

oh,i know that shop. Thanks yaa..
do u go always go thet shop to buy things/ do grooming ? the price of the ascessories are reasonable??

as i know,there is another pet shop opened in ss2 also yaa..more bigger shop =s**park=

i like to shop in petshop, if got time,i will take a look in the shop.

jennifer6636
K9 Maniac

Aug 20, 2005, 5:45 AM

Post #8 of 12 (12741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eugene] DIFFUCULT TO CLEAR MY DOG EAR [In reply to] Can't Post

hai eugene, no lah..i only go they buy the ear solution only..because only there i can find the ear solution.

ya...there got another petshop..got many things wan.. i use to buy milkodog n the all 1 system shampoo. the shampoo is good lah..u can try. i always go jalan-jalan n see see petshop .

takalimc
Novice

Oct 4, 2006, 1:33 AM

Post #9 of 12 (12300 views)
Shortcut

hmmm is the solution really important??? oh yea my puppy also always bite bite!!!! Pirate when touch his ear only he roll over so like very hard to get into there worrr... Mad

::The Spikey Site::
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
- www.dogster.com/?395652 -
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jenn77
Novice

Nov 17, 2006, 7:38 AM

Post #10 of 12 (12242 views)
Shortcut
Re: [takalimc] DIFFUCULT TO CLEAR MY DOG EAR [In reply to] Can't Post

Cleaning the dog's ear with solution is ok, provided v all make sure that the solution is properly absorb and the ear of the dog is not damp inside. Else, fungus or bacteria growth will be rapid, especially dogs with ears pointing down. Personally I would suggest that v clean the dog's ear when they feel sleepy, most vulnerable time. Try to do it slowly but effectively. Wink Currently Im using 60% vinegar + 40% water as solution with cotton buds. Later will tryout some solutions from a forumer. HOpe it works well with my dog.

(This post was edited by Jenn77 on Nov 17, 2006, 7:42 AM)

kstan
Dog Kichi

Jan 19, 2008, 9:02 AM

Post #11 of 12 (11527 views)
Shortcut
Re: [takalimc] DIFFUCULT TO CLEAR MY DOG EAR [In reply to] Can't Post

hi hi...understand wat u mean... my dog bites me too.... until now...when he sees the cotton buds.. he sure bite it.... but thank godness...my dog ears standing upper .... so easy to see and clean...and maybe because of standing ears are expose... not smelly...Smile

Really must use those solution tat available in market to clean the ears?? i jus used cotton bud to clean only... it tat ok? hehe...newbie here...Wink

little-bigboy.blogspot.com
^ _^ it all about me!!about you!!about us!!

shchiam1978
Novice

Aug 23, 2009, 1:00 PM

Post #12 of 12 (7034 views)
Shortcut

Well, u can give the dog his fav toy while cleaning the ears. Put the dog on chair so they won't move around.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9yFut47WBA
Hugo is lovely and naughty

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my