Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Worms in Dog:
Wormer

May
Old Hand

Feb 6, 2002, 11:33 PM

Post #1 of 11 (5168 views)
Shortcut
Wormer Can't Post

Anyone can suggest a good/popular wormer for small breed puppy.

May

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 7, 2002, 1:02 AM

Post #2 of 11 (5166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Wormer [In reply to] Can't Post

What do you want wormer for?
Assuming that you do not have a headache, do you for the fun of it pop a Panadol into your system?
The answer is I don't think so.
First, you have to establish if your puppy has worms or not. To do this, the vet is in a position to tell. Some vets will simply say got got got plenty and sell you wormer more expensive than gold dust. Some ethical vets will say, there is no traces of worms and your consultation fees is only RM10 or RM15.
The choice is yours. Take your pick.
To answer your this particular post, I give "Vermox"(trade name) the one dose 500mg tablets which is readily available in the chemist shops for RM5.50 As for your puppy, you give one half (1/2) and keep the other (1/2) to be given 22-23 days later.
Happy?

May
Old Hand

Feb 7, 2002, 1:10 AM

Post #3 of 11 (5165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Wormer [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought we have to deworm the dog every 3 months or so just like giving the heartworm chewable every months to prevent heartworm disease.

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 7, 2002, 1:16 AM

Post #4 of 11 (5163 views)
Shortcut

Aayoo! what for if there are no wormsUnsure. Heartguard for heart worms is a different subject which I will also discuss.

May
Old Hand

Feb 7, 2002, 1:18 AM

Post #5 of 11 (5162 views)
Shortcut

Sorry loh........Frown No knowledge on this subject mah.....Waiting for your discussion on heartworm..Smile

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 7, 2002, 1:31 AM

Post #6 of 11 (5161 views)
Shortcut

Apology accepted.
What happens when you have all the knowledge you wanted? Leave the group and never come back to say hello to us? There are many out there like this you know. I find you quite cute and have the aptitude to learn.
Keep asking sensible questions and you will get sound advice. But please don't be an ID ten T.
Regards.

May
Old Hand

Feb 7, 2002, 1:36 AM

Post #7 of 11 (5160 views)
Shortcut

Should I be Mad or Smile with the statement??????? As I said, I'm a newbie on this doogie things......I just want the best for my pup....Unsure

Gin
Novice

Feb 9, 2002, 3:05 AM

Post #8 of 11 (5154 views)
Shortcut

If you are quite sure that your dog do not have any worm, then dewormer is not necessary. On the other hand if you are not sure and do not wish to send your dog to the vet to check, then deworm your dog every three months as an precaution.

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 9, 2002, 3:24 AM

Post #9 of 11 (5152 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gin] Wormer [In reply to] Can't Post

What is sure and not sure? It is rather confusing to me, can you please elaborate so that this old dog can learn a new trick?
ThankQ

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Feb 11, 2002, 7:44 PM

Post #10 of 11 (5145 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gin] Wormer [In reply to] Can't Post

I've always thought that dogs should be given de-wormers every 3 months to clean their system or something... *confused* How do you know if your dog has worms? (other than looking at their *ahem* "business"...Blush)

-= Tisha =-

May
Old Hand

Feb 18, 2002, 7:03 PM

Post #11 of 11 (5137 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Wormer [In reply to] Can't Post

Good question, Tish. That's what I understand too, deworm every 3 months

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my