Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Mixed Breed: Mixed Breed and Mongrels:
Do you think that mongrel can be trained?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 4, 2004, 8:04 PM

Post #26 of 38 (2076 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jenniko] Do you think that mongrel can be trained? [In reply to] Can't Post

my kinki girl is also a mongrel that we found at the market place.
i don't think she's hard to train but she'll only respond when she saw me hlding a treat.
but the thing that fustrated me is, she's very choosy on her food.
and she like to speed off out from the house when we open the front gate. and its pretty hard for me to catch her back.Frown

other than the above matter. kinki make a great companion to me. i brought to MIPE twice, and i'm very proud with her.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

makrawl
Canine Addict

Apr 6, 2004, 1:00 AM

Post #27 of 38 (2071 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jenniko] Do you think that mongrel can be trained? [In reply to] Can't Post

well, i think everyone had given u the answer/s but just wanna share my experience with u. i had kept mix breed and mongreals for years and actually this is the first time i keep two pedigree dogs. all the years with the mongreals, i found that actually mongreals are not as what ppl think. i had those who r so wild that they refuse to stay in the house compound (they only come back to eat) till those who r so loyal that they wait till i get home to pay her the last visit before they sneak out from the house to die some where else on their last breath....

no dogs can't be trained, just depends on the scale of the owner and the dogs' "intelligent". to tell the truth, actually this two cocker spaniel that i have now are not as obedient as some of my last mongreals and mix dogs. but one thing for sure is that my pedigrees are far more friendlier than them.

try not to seperate dogs into "pure" and "inpure" when judging their character. (well, i guess u r not as u showed that u r a loving owner) coz just like human, u'll never know what's in their mind behind their face. u can only predict, but can't confirm at all. i always look down on ppl who "show" their dogs everwhere coz they own a pedigree and when they come across with a mongreal, they show all their nasty look on them. chinese said that "dogs eye will look down on poor ppl" but in this case, is the human who look down on mongreals. even if we have a blue blood human doesn't mean that they r 100% prefect (as they r so in-breed that they might be an idiot).

well, just read and get ready before u take any step to trained them as improper training will only give further complication and time wasting too. good luck and get prepare.

p/s: it is worth to buy quality books to learn although the price is costy as ppl wrote the books by sharing their years of experince. and we just need to pay an amount of money to own their experience over the years! imagine that!

Jenniko
Enthusiast

Apr 6, 2004, 3:32 AM

Post #28 of 38 (2067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] Do you think that mongrel can be trained? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ping Ping,

No lah, they just called me J Lo for fun...they are only teasing me...I have nothing in common with J Lo...hehehe...

Last week I was so busy that I have no time to read up on any training...maybe this week la...see how.... will keep you updated.

See ya

Love,
Jennifer

~Julie - My beloved mixed terrier ~
**Always in memory**
--Rest in Peace--

Jenniko
Enthusiast

Apr 6, 2004, 8:02 PM

Post #29 of 38 (2060 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dodo888] Do you think that mongrel can be trained? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

Thanks for your opinion. Glad to know that the fact no matter what kind of dogs they are...they can still be the best...hehe...

You did give me good ideas on how to get started...will let you know my progress...thank you very much...

See ya..

Love,
Jennifer

**Always in memory**
--Rest in Peace--

Jenniko
Enthusiast

Apr 6, 2004, 8:05 PM

Post #30 of 38 (2059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Do you think that mongrel can be trained? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

Hiding treat??? A good idea...I should do that to...but I guess whenever they saw me carrying something on my hand...they already starting to jump on me...imagine me running away, chasing by them...looking/hoping for treat...hehe...

Yes, some of them like to go out to search for rubbish and don't even want to come back even though we are serving them dinner...don't know why they behave that way...but they do...anywhere...like other said...old habit dies hard...

Glad that you find Kinki as good companion...I do find the three dogs at my bf house good companions too...they always wait at the gate for me whenever I arrive...hehe...how nice...hehe

Thanks for your opinion...See ya...

Love,
Jennifer

**Always in memory**
--Rest in Peace--

Jenniko
Enthusiast

Apr 6, 2004, 8:09 PM

Post #31 of 38 (2058 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] Do you think that mongrel can be trained? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

Thanks for your advice. But pls be ensured that I'm not someone who look down on dogs because of their breeds...I'm a dog lover and I love all dogs...

Good idea that you recommend me to read on books...I think I should spend time on them and try to understand more about dogs...hehe...

Thanks...see ya

Love,
Jennifer

**Always in memory**
--Rest in Peace--

kesuke
Doggyman

Apr 13, 2004, 9:14 PM

Post #32 of 38 (2041 views)
Shortcut

so how's training going on?? Smile

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

Jenniko
Enthusiast

May 14, 2004, 1:50 AM

Post #33 of 38 (1998 views)
Shortcut

Hello Kesuke,

Sorry for late reply. By the way, the training is very very slow. I was extremely busy late at work and I have to travel back hometown often last month and beginning of this month...

Worst of all, one of the dog (Fei Fei - the eldest and oldest one) has injured his leg...cut his leg by glass of the broken door...real bad condition but no one dare to touch him or even try to bring him to the vet because he is known to be the most fierce and can bite us any minute even his owner.

My bf and I have to try our best to spray medicine on his wound. And I tell you...it's hard work...he will lick it just after a minute we spray the powder...aiya...just hope he gets well soon...

Keep in touch...see ya...

Love,
Jennifer

**Always in memory**
--Rest in Peace--

kesuke
Doggyman

May 17, 2004, 3:04 AM

Post #34 of 38 (1987 views)
Shortcut

hi jenn!

so glad to hear from you..=)

ah..am so sorry to hear about fei fei. how's he doing now? i hope his leg is healing. if he keeps licking off his medication, you'd have to put him on a elizebethan collar (dunno if i got the spelling right). it's like a lamp shade...very funny sight..ehhe..but helps in preventing him from licking off the medication.

alright..keep in touch. Smile

Jenniko
Enthusiast

Jun 4, 2004, 2:07 AM

Post #35 of 38 (1818 views)
Shortcut

Hi Tze Ping,

How are you? Long time didn't hear from you.

Just want to update you about Fei Fei. His leg is getting better although still not fully recover. But he has gained back his old self...being the actively naughty one...Even with his leg injured, he still can manage to open the gate and run out to check out the rubbish bin. Aiya...old habit dies hard, right? Crazy

The Sai Michi is still the same...still picking my bf's shoes for chewing...and plus now starting to chew my bf's father's car bumper. Aiya...about Michi...she is very good...very obedient. Never run out of the house...always sit and wait at the gate every evening when I came home...she is really adorable...hehe...

I'm asking my bf to load the pictures of them for me. Wait la...I will let you see...hehe...

Keep in touch...see ya

Love,
Jennifer

**Always in memory**
--Rest in Peace--

kesuke
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2004, 7:15 PM

Post #36 of 38 (1802 views)
Shortcut

hi jenn!

i'm good here..how about you? Wink

i'm glad to hear fei fei's better now...ahhaha....he's a happy-go-lucky dog ain't he? eheheh...running out and sniffing at the rubbish?? akakaka...SlySly i'm sure you're pleased to see him on his feet as well...ehehhe....

paiseh...who is sai michi?? BlushCrazy me old liao must refresh my memory...hehehe.....Laugh i guess she's a young pup?

yayyy!!! waiting for your pix!!! Cool

have a great weekend!

Jenniko
Enthusiast

Jun 4, 2004, 7:35 PM

Post #37 of 38 (1801 views)
Shortcut

Hi Tze Ping,

Aiya...I guess Sai Michi is no longer a puppy...quite big now...bigger than Michi...but they have the small color...that's why called him Sai Michi...

But unlike Michi, he is very naughty...he was brought back by my bf's mum...she pitied him when she saw him at the market...so she brought him home...when he first came home...he was so scared...I still remember me giving him a bath...hehe

But now, everything is different...he always wrestles with Michi...they play well together until dinner time...they will fight like hell for food...aiya...don't know what to do with them...

About me, I guess I'm ok. But still busy like usual...only this week I'm feeling a bit free. That's why I can check the forum...hehe...

Why not we keep in touch through mail too...if you don't mind...

My e-mail address is jenniko_lim@yahoo.com

So any news from your side...anything interesting to share???

Keep in touch...take care

Love,
Jennifer

**Always in memory**
--Rest in Peace--

kesuke
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2004, 8:02 PM

Post #38 of 38 (1798 views)
Shortcut

hi jenn!

ah okie...now you got me confused..Crazy how many dogs do you have?? Crazy

ya we can write via email, i've added your addy to my address book. mine is moon_runes@yahoo.com Smile

well..nothing really new here.. i'm dog-sitting my friend's dog right now...already 6 days..she's going home tmrw..Smile and we *just* might be getting a new pup..a border collie mix pup from a fellow member here. but ah..still thinking..Angelic

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my