Home: Behavioral Problems: Aggresive Dogs and Puppies:
AGGRESSIVE GS PUPPY

Sissy
Novice

Mar 21, 2004, 6:22 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1871 views)
Shortcut
AGGRESSIVE GS PUPPY Can't Post

I have posted a message in the Sch. as well, but am looking for help, from anyone! Our GSD puppy seven weeks old bites and bites hard. This evening she bit me in the face as we were lying on the floor. She cannot even be petted, she will nip at your hand. Is this a result of her Sch bloodlines? As of yet, we haven't punished, but she went too far, and I pushed her away. She came back at me and I smacked her on the nose. She is very aggressive and I need to know the right way to bring her into her proper place. Our dearly departed Dobe never pulled anything like this.....

I have supplied this dog with chew things which go untouched. If we do introduce one, she bites the hand that is holding the toy...Please HELP......

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 21, 2004, 10:31 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1869 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sissy] AGGRESSIVE GS PUPPY [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

I don't think you pup is showing aggression ... and is just being a puppy ... and doing what all puppies do ... they nip and mouth ... especially when they start to teeth ...

I assume you got a GSD from schutzhund bloodlines for a purpose ...

And now you will need to learn how to handle her properly ... Schutzhund dogs are expected to be full energy and spirit ... Your dog is starting to require your attention, lots of exercise and training ... your smacking her on the nose is not a good idea ...

The best thing you can do now is get a good training book/manual and start working & training your dog ...

Try checking this site for more information: http://realgsd.info/

Cheers Smile

Sissy
Novice

Mar 22, 2004, 5:49 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] AGGRESSIVE GS PUPPY [In reply to] Can't Post

Doing the research, we were told the working dog lines were far more stable and even tempered than the backyard GSD. We find she is extremely intelligent, but I have contacted the local Schutzhund club for some help on how to deal with her. I understand spanking is not what is right, but it was the immediate reaction. I hope we can turn this around and channel her energy into something more positive. Sigh.......She is a gorgeous dog and we love her so much!

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 22, 2004, 7:42 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1860 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sissy] AGGRESSIVE GS PUPPY [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Well, I would certainly agree that a pup bred by a responsible breeder for a purpose, whether for show or work, will be better choice than getting a pup from a backyard breeder ...

And it is expected that a pup bred from schutzhund bloodlines will require the kind of handling, rearing and training, commensurate with the breeding and work ethic bred into the pup ...

So, your getting in touch with your local schutzhund club is a great idea ... Smile ...

All the best ...

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Mar 22, 2004, 7:46 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my