Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Sports, Schutzhund, Protection, Tracking,.....: Schutzhund & Protection Dogs:
Ideal weight and exercise

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Mar 16, 2004, 9:36 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1187 views)
Shortcut
Ideal weight and exercise Can't Post

Hie all,

I was just wondering what would be the ideal weight (a range perhaps?) for a protection/SchH dog at the age of 12 months and 24 months.

What kind of exercise regime should one expose a 9-12 month old pup selected for PP/SchH and are there any significant variance in their exercise regime between a growing pup and an adult dog?

Smile

boon
Doggyman

Mar 16, 2004, 5:35 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1179 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wildgunsr] Ideal weight and exercise [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

for a 18-24 months dog should weight arond 85-90lb and for a bitch should be about 65-75lb. Asfor the amount of exercise, everything in moderate will do, i personally will not strees the dog to walk/run/exercise more to speed up the muscle development as this may put a lot of stress on their bones development.

Formal OB training will come after 10 months or more, during their puppyhood, let them be a dog...........

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

(This post was edited by boon on Mar 16, 2004, 5:52 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my