hello everyone, mitch here

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

mitch
Enthusiast

Mar 15, 2004, 8:05 PM

Post #1 of 168 (3075 views)
Shortcut
hello everyone, mitch here Can't Post

Hello everyone Laugh, my name is mitch and I'm so happy to find all the puppy lovers here. Currently I intend to get a doggie, which I wanted to get it long long time ago. Lucky I found this site and everyone is so helpful Angelic to provide guidance and helping hand. I come across that it is risky to get a puppy from pet shops, so I decide to get one in australia before I'm going back to KL in June or July.

Once I found this website, I'm so excited to all activities like jungle tracking and much more Sly. I'm so happy because I have found a right place for me and my future doggie. Hope to see all of you in the next jungle tracking or other activities. I'm excited and I'm sure my future doggie Sly will be very happy to meet you all.

Cheers, mitch

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Mar 15, 2004, 8:25 PM

Post #2 of 168 (3074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mitch] hello everyone, mitch here [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello and welcome to the forum!!! Have fun! Wink

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 15, 2004, 8:43 PM

Post #3 of 168 (3070 views)
Shortcut

hello there,Smile

welcome to the forum!!!enjoy kay!!Wink

yup...do join us once you're back with your new pup!!

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 15, 2004, 9:40 PM

Post #4 of 168 (3067 views)
Shortcut

Hi mitch Smile

Welcome on board... so glad that you found us too...

So what breed of dog are you planning to get?... big, mediun or small size?... do keep us updated on your search and when you'll be on your way back here to KL...

Have fun and hope you meet many fantastic ppl her... ENJOY! Wink

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

JolinG
Doggyman

Mar 15, 2004, 11:57 PM

Post #5 of 168 (3061 views)
Shortcut

hie welcome to the forum mitch
hope u get a doggie of ur dreams from aussie
when u bring it back be sure to ask someonne in malaysia to get an import permit for uSmile

mitch
Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2004, 12:01 AM

Post #6 of 168 (3060 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] hello everyone, mitch here [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ladee_m, icecream, phoenix and JolinG,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to see you all and your baby tooSly.

Cheers,

mitch

mitch
Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2004, 12:11 AM

Post #7 of 168 (3059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] hello everyone, mitch here [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ladee_m,

Well I have a list of dogs (small to big dog is ok) that I want, but sadly I can only pick one, which is a very difficult for me to choose Frown. Actually I wanted to get a alaska malamute but the breeder told that alaska can't stand malaysia weather and they need air conditioner, possible 24 hr a day, seven days a week. Alaska malamute can get skin problem easily due to the hot weather. So now I'm looking for siberian husky or maybe shar pei or Maltese..... oh Shocked ..... I think I love all kinds of breeds Tongue. So difficult to make a decision because all of them are adorable.

Cheers,

mitch

mitch
Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2004, 12:16 AM

Post #8 of 168 (3056 views)
Shortcut

Thanks JolinG. I really don't know that we need to get import permit. um... I better tell my sis to find it out for me. Over here got plenty of breeds, I love all of them but I have to pick one. So difficult to make a decision Tongue.

Thanks JolinG.

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 16, 2004, 12:23 AM

Post #9 of 168 (3056 views)
Shortcut

hi mitch Smile

I undertand your amiration and love for these breeds that you mention... they are very lovely and so majestic looking... however like the breeder told you, alaska malamute, siberian husky and shar pei all are not suitable for M'sian weather... shar pei coz too much skin... all three breeds can be kept but they will not have an active life here as they need to be in an air-cond room all the time... it will be very sad to see them that way... especially the malamute and huskies who are used to open space and needs alot of exercise...

Maltese is good and there are many ppl who keeps them here... small and do not need much excercise except grooming... well there is alot more breed to choose from, so take your time and selectthe one which suits your lifestyle most... here is a link thatmight be useful to help you choose...

http://www.petnet.com.au/...t/dogselectapet.html

JolinG
Doggyman

Mar 16, 2004, 12:34 AM

Post #10 of 168 (3053 views)
Shortcut

hie no problem
u can ask ur sis to check it out with the department of veterinarian.......theres one in shah alam to get the import permit
some breeds u cant bring in llike akita and all....rotts n gsd a lil difficult.......

so many breeds......chose then wan thats easy to maintain loh......and that suits ur lifestyle Smile

most aussie breeders are very particular to whome they sell their dogs too

mitch
Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2004, 12:43 AM

Post #11 of 168 (3053 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Ladee_m,

Thanks for the website as well as all the suggestions, it really help me to make a wise decision. You are right, alaska malamute, siberian husky and shar pei need to be in an air-cond room all the time .... if I bring them over, they may suffer for skin problem as well as the weather too. I will feel unhappy Frown if they are not happy too. From the http://www.petnet.com.au/...t/dogselectapet.html, among the breeds of dogs that have been selected by the computer as being most suitable for my lifestyle, I think I like Bichon Frise. I will start hunting for the Bichon Frise breeders, and once I found it I will let you know then you will be the godparent hheeheeh Tongue

Thanks Ladee_m, your suggetions and the website are really a big help.

Cheers,

mitch

mitch
Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2004, 12:55 AM

Post #12 of 168 (3052 views)
Shortcut

Hi jolinG,

This is the first time that I'm getting a dog. Thanks god you all are here Angelic. You and Ladee_m did mention about choosing a dog thet suits my lifestyle and I think of it, it is very important for me as well as the dog.

Ya some of the aussie breeders are not willing to sell their dogs to oversea because they do want to keep in touch with them.

Thanks for the tip where to get the import permit. It is so nice that all of you taking care and helping each other. I'm really heppy and glad to become one of the memberSly.

Thanks.

Cheers,

mitch

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 16, 2004, 1:38 AM

Post #13 of 168 (3051 views)
Shortcut

Hi mitch Smile

very happy I could offer my help... happy that you have found a suitable breed now... so I guess you are reading up all you can on Bichon Frise... I have seen 2 here in M'sia... do not know lot of this breed except that it might be related to poodles... I own a female miniature poodle, Ladee... she is now 11 months...

Would be honourd to be your future furkid's godparent... so which part of KL is your home?... I am in PJ...

Do let me know when you get your Bichon Frise... happy hunting and good luck in selecting a great pup... Wink all the best...

JolinG
Doggyman

Mar 16, 2004, 7:48 AM

Post #14 of 168 (3044 views)
Shortcut

hie.....

bichon?.....wooo u need lot of grooming......if u love grooming or wouldnt mind paying like here around rm50 to rm100 to groom ur dogs n all i say go ahead n have it.....

.good luck in finding a doggy of ur dreams.

yes alot of breeders love to keep in touch......they just wan to know the welfare of their dogs.........Wink n so on.......

mitch
Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2004, 7:45 PM

Post #15 of 168 (3038 views)
Shortcut

Hi ladee_m,

Ya I'm starting to hunt for furkid, like a insane women Crazy. Oh so you have a female miniature poodle, Ladee. From the picture, can tell that she is a queen in the house with lots of pamper. So glad that my future baby already got a good godparent as well as god sis - ladee Angelic.

I'm staying at ampang jaya, near the spca and KL international school. Hope one day I can meet you n ladee in KL.

No worry, I will keep you (godparent) updateTongue.

Thanks Cool.

mitch
Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2004, 7:59 PM

Post #16 of 168 (3035 views)
Shortcut

hello JolinG,

Ya bichon need lots of grooming, I think it is ok for my baby Cool but at the moment (i just find out from the breeder) she don't have any puppy. Um... I guess I have to do more research or maybe get another breed.

Cheers,

mitch

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 16, 2004, 10:10 PM

Post #17 of 168 (3033 views)
Shortcut

Hi mitch Smile

YUP! Ladee is spoiled rotten by me... my bf says she is such a brat... but Ladee is very loving and is my ever faithful shadow... she follows me everywhere I go and is always by my side... she is also very loyal... will never go to someone else if I am around... so she deserve all the pampering that I can give her...

Ampang Jaya... near SPCA n KL International School... yeaps! I know where it is... we weill have plenty opportunity to meet up when you are back... pupp.com have gatherings often... if you like,we can always arrange for our very own meetings... looking foward to meeting you too...

Ladee will be very happy to have a new godsis... I am very excited about all this and hope there will be news soon on your search... Are you planning to get a male or female dog?... You mention you are now in Aussie right?... which part?... wahhh... my future godfurkid is imported...

Have a nice day then and happy searching...

mitch
Enthusiast

Mar 17, 2004, 3:19 AM

Post #18 of 168 (3028 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ladee,

Ladee is adorable and sure she worth lots of pamperingWink. I can tell she is very loyal and need lots of loves. I wish I can get one like ladee too.

I'm not very familiar PJ area but for sure we can meet some where. OH..... FrownI can't wait any longer. All the gathering and activities are so tempting...... Crazy

Now I'm doing lots of research. Hopefully I can find one that I wanted..... oh day dreaming againAngelic. My friend and I are going to see more puppy on friday. Will keep you update. Um... I'm thinking of getting a male, because you know female got menstrual period. As I know female are more caring. is it?

Ya at the moment I'm in western australia - perth. Hopefully everything is ok and my baby can goto KL and see her godmom and godsisSly.

Looking forward to see you and ladee.

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 17, 2004, 4:12 AM

Post #19 of 168 (3025 views)
Shortcut

Hi Smile

The gatherings we have are very nice... usually we hang out with other doggie owners and chit chat about our furkids under the shades of trees... its great way to catch up on friendships and for the pooches to meet and play... have fun in the sun... bigger dogs will swim in the ponds and the small ones usually run around the open fields... its just a heavenly sight... Wink I am sure you'll love it...

Male dogs tend to be more cool and independant... they are loyal but not so sticky to us... where as female ones are very attached and follows you about like your shadow... both are equally caring... they just show it differently... Ladee though a female can be very protective of me and would bite if someone tries to harm me... I know that as once we were fooling around and Ladee thought one of my friends was hitting me... snapped at her fiercely... I was shocked that she was capable of doing that... since then I do not dare play hit infront of her...Unsure... but I feel very safe with her by my side ever since...

About the menstrual thing... if its a small breed then it is not so messy... can always put her on special pants designed for dogs... there is a slot to put in the pads and can be changed just like humans... for dogs, its only twice a year... every six months once... so its not that bad actually...

JolinG
Doggyman

Mar 17, 2004, 5:36 AM

Post #20 of 168 (3021 views)
Shortcut

hie mitch

may i suggest cavalier king charles spaniel?

their really a lovely breed.......they are companion dog an dont require much excersize(the occasional walk is sufficient), dont need grooming(its forbidden to cut their long hair/featherings at the ears, legs,tail) loves ur company, not yappy..

there is a saying that female cavaliers will love u.......but the male cavaliers will FALL in LOVE with u.

do give this breed a look over.......very sweet n docile natureWink

there are many many highly reputable cavalier king charles spaniel breeder in australia......im sure u will be able to find a good one there

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 17, 2004, 6:20 PM

Post #21 of 168 (3019 views)
Shortcut

Hi mitch Smile

I found a vidoe on Bichon Frise and here is the url... enjoy the vidoe... Wink

http://www.akc.org/...eeds/bichonfrise.mpg

mitch
Enthusiast

Mar 18, 2004, 1:11 AM

Post #22 of 168 (3013 views)
Shortcut

Hi Wink,

Ya all the doggies owners can chit chat and at the same time their furkids can play and enjoy themselves with others, it is definitely a heavenly sight Angelic.

For your information, sound like I prefer female, but It is just depend which gender is available (due to time constraint). Sound like ladee also have her fierce side. It is good that even though she is a female, she also capable to protect you Wink.

For sure my mom dislike female because of the menstrual thing. Moreover, some furkids don't like to wear pant. Just like my friend, she bought a small pant for her furkid. She cut a small hole for his tiny tail, but once the furkid wear it, it was so obvious that he just standing there (usually very active) and looking at us with the sad face Unsure(we all laugh at him).

Thanks for the website, they are so cute Sly.

mitch
Enthusiast

Mar 18, 2004, 1:30 AM

Post #23 of 168 (3012 views)
Shortcut

Hi JolinG Wink,

Thanks. Sound like cavalier king charles spaniel is a good companion too. They don't require much excersize as well as grooming, it's really suit my lifestyle. You said "female cavaliers will love u.......but the male cavaliers will FALL in LOVE with u" and it make my heart melted Crazy. I will do some research and find the breeder Wink. I'm only afraid of the time constraint as well as whether there is a puppy available in this few months.

JolinG
Doggyman

Mar 18, 2004, 2:16 AM

Post #24 of 168 (3009 views)
Shortcut

hie......

no problem....im really glad u have an interest in this breed.....

good luck in finding a happy healthy puppy!!Smile

ladee_m
Doggyman

Mar 18, 2004, 4:24 AM

Post #25 of 168 (3007 views)
Shortcut

Hi mitch Smile

Ladee also finds wearing pants or anything on her body to be very strange... she will also just be on still mode Unsure... but I let her wear it daily for one to two hours so that she gets used to the idea... now she is better and have gotten used to being dressed up... I do not dress her up often as the weather in M'sia does not permits... the heat will cause heat stroke Pirate... but once in awhile just for functions... once they get used to it then, it will be ok...

like I said, dogs are have their menstruation only twice a year and each menstruation last for about two weeks... its not so bad... unless you have a male dog who is every willing to help the female remove the pants... hahaha... Laugh Laugh Laugh that is what my friend is facing... she is going mad with the two love birds... so the male dog has been sent to her bf's house for boarding till the female is back to normal mode...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my