Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
All Natural HERBAL Flea & Tick Collar ...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

j9yne

Apr 6, 2004, 9:32 PM

Post #26 of 41 (1610 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] All Natural HERBAL Flea & Tick Collar ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hie,

Thanks for checking it out. have u tried frontline? actually i'm trying to look for alternatives because i don't want to put too much chemical on my doggie Unsure. and i'm really looking forward to bringing him for walks. but i'm worried about the ticks and fleas. do u walk ur doggies?

current doggie at home : junior (silky terrier) Frown
my wish list : ckcs Frown

a_evie
Doggyman

Apr 8, 2004, 1:51 AM

Post #27 of 41 (1602 views)
Shortcut
Re: [j9yne] All Natural HERBAL Flea & Tick Collar ... [In reply to] Can't Post

CONFESSION...i had not checked out the bottle. ayam sorry....will do so tonight.

i had used frontline on my hubby's boxer and our cat once ONLY...now the bottle is sitting down pretty in the storeroom since no one has a need for it.

as for walking the doggies...yeah i do so. but immediately after that, i would check them for bugsies. if there is more than 1...shower time mate!!Tongue

anyway, they come back clean. i have not used any flea collars b4 though...note that i do not see my adopted strays (some still on the street) having bugsies....strange....Crazy

j9yne

Apr 8, 2004, 5:25 AM

Post #28 of 41 (1600 views)
Shortcut

hello, it's okie.. u're probably busy lar Wink. anyhow, i went to the website and checked it out. it is called guard dog spray. so i called the counter in isetan. but unfortunately was told that m'sia has stopped taking in the pet products UnsureUnsure. kinda dissapointed lar.. was hoping to get a spray that can prevent fleas and in the mean time more "natural". haihya... now dunno what to get ler..

a_evie
Doggyman

Apr 8, 2004, 6:11 PM

Post #29 of 41 (1595 views)
Shortcut

try calling their office in menara tan & tan. they are under the same folks as estee lauder.

any luck getting it online?

j9yne

Apr 8, 2004, 7:27 PM

Post #30 of 41 (1593 views)
Shortcut

hie.. i was told by the lady at the counter of isetan that they've stopped taking in the products since last year. and i've emailed their customer service.. and they replied that origins has stopped pet care production world wide. due to the small market even though it was good.

I regret to inform you that our pet line has been discontinued world
wide so it is no longer available anywhere. In some stores in the US, they may
still have a few pieces here and there, but they are no longer in
production. It was a great product, but unfortunately, it was such a
small part of our overall business that we have decided not to continue with
it.

guess i have to look for other alternatives Crazy ...

(This post was edited by j9yne on Apr 8, 2004, 8:01 PM)

a_evie
Doggyman

Apr 9, 2004, 10:14 PM

Post #31 of 41 (1586 views)
Shortcut

alamaks...there goes by stock...i like the smell plus teh fact it makes her fur soft...

so now gotta look for another. let me know when you get an alternative. will let u know when i get an alternative too...

j9yne

Apr 10, 2004, 2:06 AM

Post #32 of 41 (1584 views)
Shortcut

yea.. there goes origins. haih.. i was quite interested in buying it liao..somemore the bottle's kinda cute. with the kennel, bone and doggie.. Unsure. anyhow, till now still can't find another way ler. still reluctant to spray frontline on him. but i've got this wagging tail bottle of spray with tea tree oil. and it says that it works to keep bugs away (though i assume the meaning of bugs here.. is mosquitoes and insects). but i read somewhere in the forum that tea tree oil can be useful to prevent fleas and ticks. so i'm not sure how useful it is. i bought it about a month back.. just to keep the mosquitoes away. no idea if it'll work on fleas and ticks. Crazy

if u found any other products, do let me know ya Wink

a_evie
Doggyman

Apr 23, 2004, 12:10 AM

Post #33 of 41 (1519 views)
Shortcut

i tried recently using citronella plus tea tree, geranium and lavender mixed with water to spray on geri. found 3 bugsies on her. must have caught it from the neighbours...plus weather is so hot..seems like bugsy season again..surprisingly, its working well.

i used 3 drops of citronella, 5 lavender, 2 drops each of geranium and tea tree. add 150ml of distilled water and kept it in a dark bottle. then sprayed her after her shower and another spray mid week..she showers 7 days once.

for the last 2 weeks she was clean. didn't see any bugs...

buenosy
New User

Mar 8, 2006, 11:24 PM

Post #34 of 41 (1356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] All Natural HERBAL Flea & Tick Collar ... [In reply to] Can't Post

tried the All Natural HERBAL Flea & Tick Collar on my puppy 2 years back. Nope.. it didn't work =(

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 22, 2006, 6:05 AM

Post #35 of 41 (1305 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buenosy] All Natural HERBAL Flea & Tick Collar ... [In reply to] Can't Post

WOW ... you are responding to a thread that was posted in 2004 ... Smile

Think we have all since discovered that the herbal anti-tick collar is not effective. It's better to use the natural oils suggested by the post above.

Cheers

irenec
Enthusiast

Mar 30, 2006, 9:46 PM

Post #36 of 41 (1267 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] All Natural HERBAL Flea & Tick Collar ... [In reply to] Can't Post

haha i'm new and just discovered this thread today. Any of you tried neem oil? Recently I bought this shampoo with the few mentioned oils plus neem oil. Apparently neem oil is supposed to be a good repellant.

So far my doggie doing ok without the fleas. Someone actually suggested using garlic. But I have yet to try it though. Anyone tried garlic before?

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 31, 2006, 8:09 AM

Post #37 of 41 (1253 views)
Shortcut
Re: [irenec] All Natural HERBAL Flea & Tick Collar ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Yes, neem oil is good for keeping away parasites, ticks, insects, etc ... and also acts as a mild antibiotic.

But to tell the truth, I am not fond of buying commercial products that claim to have neem oil ... or tea tree oil etc ... Because often the put so little oil in - it's not really effective. Find it better to use a normal mild shampoo on our dogs, and then place a couple of drops of "real" oil on my hands and then just rub it all over our dogs ... much better.

Check the internet on how to make a skin conditioner using natural neem oil ... by blending with unscented baby or body oil.

For garlic to be real effective - the garlic has to be crushed, the oil extracted or squeezed out (can dilute with a unscented baby oil) and then rubbed all over your dog, working into the skin. But that sure makes the doggie smell ... its effective though, will keep away most skin parasites. Alternatively, give your dog a crushed clove of garlic (say once a week) to eat ... and that help too.

Cheers

irenec
Enthusiast

Mar 31, 2006, 9:22 PM

Post #38 of 41 (1245 views)
Shortcut

Hi! Thanks for the tip. I will try to search the net.

I can agree commercial products are not 100% effective. But I suppose those oils are not safe for consumption right? My dog at times licks herself ie paws etc (very often) or even bite her tail (very rare). So if I apply those oils on her and she happens to lick it, is it harmful?

leo-chan
Dog Kichi

Apr 1, 2006, 12:07 AM

Post #39 of 41 (1239 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
My dog at times licks herself ie paws etc (very often) or even bite her tail (very rare). So if I apply those oils on her and she happens to lick it, is it harmful?

Uh word of advise... If your dog nibbles at her paws, it might be a sign of food allergies. Roofus use to do that on his previous formula that contained pork meal, after switching over to a "pork-less" formula, he stopped chewing altogether.

Neem works, tea tree oil doesn't. Garlic stinks up the dog, it'll not only keep fleas etc. away but also humans.

cheerios!
leo-chan
sweet surrender...

irenec
Enthusiast

Apr 4, 2006, 7:05 PM

Post #40 of 41 (1205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leo-chan] All Natural HERBAL Flea & Tick Collar ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Food allergy? Didn't know that. Always thought she's obsessed with cleanliness or a cat wannabe (haha) as she does it all the time.

Not feeding her any pork formula. She's on chicken and rice. What other symptoms of food allergy besides this? Maybe I will keep a look out. So far no signs of rashes or spots on her.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 9, 2006, 8:56 AM

Post #41 of 41 (1174 views)
Shortcut

Most of the oils named are only intended for "external" use, and should not be eated or ingested. So, if you use these oils, it is necessary to ensure that the oils are properly diluted and your dogs discouraged from excessive licking.

Cheers

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my